cujoforlife

District 7 5a   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

• Cujo
    • Raiders

This poll is closed to new votes

On 10/9/2021 at 10:05 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Your stating the obvious but we aren’t in 6A are we?? No. So that’s irrelevant, 5A shouldn’t be a problem against lower level teams, like Wylie and west, the elite teams in 5A are the ones I would fully understand you saying we shouldn’t look over. But a team like west and north and Sherman are considered bye week teams compared to the Denton Ryans and college stations and the Aledos of the world. So those low level teams are no good to me. Easy wins.

Pump the brakes a little on bye weeks. Acting like Tyler is great or something. You can compare many teams to Ryan and College Station and say they are not as good. 

29 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

Pump the brakes a little on bye weeks. Acting like Tyler is great or something. You can compare many teams to Ryan and College Station and say they are not as good. 

I mean history wise of the program we are great top 12 winningest team of all time… so yes this program will be held to a higher standard, I’m pretty sure you don’t know much about our program, considering north never played us on until the playoff blowout in 2014. Up until that point I didn’t know north was a school, but that’s also because it I guess you could say it was a newer school at the time. But point is that tyler has been doing this for a long time since the earl Campbell days, do you know him?? Or the 94 team you know the one that won a ESPN espy award?? No don’t click?? Or the once in 2,000 with Super Bowl champion Aaron Ross? Maybe not?? Ok how about 09 with Jeremy Johnson and Rick Collins, Johnson who went on to be SMU all time leading receiver in yards?? Nope? How about 2010-12 with  super bowl champ and peach bowl quarterback Greg ward and current ravens linebacker tyus bowser?? Still ain’t clicking?? How about this you know this one!! 2014 as I stated earlier! How about 2016 first year in 6A and won district our first year 3 rounds deep? Alright I got one more 2018  district champ 4 rounds deep?? Heck even that sorry 2019 team was ranked 6th in state idk why lol, but yea I’m done.  😉. Outside of 2019-2020 tyler has been one of the site programs in 5A since 2010. Consistently one of the top 5 teams in the state year in and year out check the Dave Campbell magazines from previous years. Go check the win loss since then and how many 4-5 round runs they had. Players sent to D1 schools. It’s there. The last two years we fought but this program has only missed the playoffs 3 times in the last 20 years. But all jokes aside. What I was referencing to was the level of competition when it pertains to beating a team like west or north was confidence, if you are confident in beating those teams which I consider not that great how do you expect to beat the high level teams in 5A. That’s it.. Now we aren’t Katy, Southlake, Aledo or those types but we are the next step under in terms or history

On 10/9/2021 at 10:05 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Your stating the obvious but we aren’t in 6A are we?? No. So that’s irrelevant, 5A shouldn’t be a problem against lower level teams, like Wylie and west, the elite teams in 5A are the ones I would fully understand you saying we shouldn’t look over. But a team like west and north and Sherman are considered bye week teams compared to the Denton Ryans and college stations and the Aledos of the world. So those low level teams are no good to me. Easy wins.

I didn’t see anywhere where you were talking about history of a program. If you want to talk about history then that is one thing but you were talking about bye weeks in 2021. Tyler doesn’t have bye weeks because their team isn’t those past teams that you speak of. Can’t live in the past. You are what you are. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I mean history wise of the program we are great top 12 winningest team of all time… so yes this program will be held to a higher standard, I’m pretty sure you don’t know much about our program, considering north never played us on until the playoff blowout in 2014. Up until that point I didn’t know north was a school, but that’s also because it I guess you could say it was a newer school at the time. But point is that tyler has been doing this for a long time since the earl Campbell days, do you know him?? Or the 94 team you know the one that won a ESPN espy award?? No don’t click?? Or the once in 2,000 with Super Bowl champion Aaron Ross? Maybe not?? Ok how about 09 with Jeremy Johnson and Rick Collins, Johnson who went on to be SMU all time leading receiver in yards?? Nope? How about 2010-12 with  super bowl champ and peach bowl quarterback Greg ward and current ravens linebacker tyus bowser?? Still ain’t clicking?? How about this you know this one!! 2014 as I stated earlier! How about 2016 first year in 6A and won district our first year 3 rounds deep? Alright I got one more 2018  district champ 4 rounds deep?? Heck even that sorry 2019 team was ranked 6th in state idk why lol, but yea I’m done.  😉. Outside of 2019-2020 tyler has been one of the site programs in 5A since 2010. Consistently one of the top 5 teams in the state year in and year out check the Dave Campbell magazines from previous years. Go check the win loss since then and how many 4-5 round runs they had. Players sent to D1 schools. It’s there. The last two years we fought but this program has only missed the playoffs 3 times in the last 20 years. But all jokes aside. What I was referencing to was the level of competition when it pertains to beating a team like west or north was confidence, if you are confident in beating those teams which I consider not that great how do you expect to beat the high level teams in 5A. That’s it.. Now we aren’t Katy, Southlake, Aledo or those types but we are the next step under in terms or history

well ok....LOL

• LOL! 1

31 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Not sure if you have ever heard this or not “but those guys aren’t walking through those locker room doors.”  Does that click??

as bad as 2019 was, JT still made the playoffs.  I also wonder how different last yr could have been if Ford was the QB. 

Oh well....I hope this yr is the start of Tyler High getting back on track for the tuture.  Holt is gone, but I think McFall will be ok at QB.  He has made a few throws this yr, that I like.   Also like the freshman qb.

• Like 2

Speaking of ford I feel like they would of went deeper in 2019 with him at qb he turn chapel hill around the next year and man that freshman qb they have he might be chill version of Greg ward if he starts rest the season and speaking of that this week podcast has a lot to speak on chill don’t be showing the podcast love and I’m the goat of chill I’ll talk about it this weekend but as for this game I still feel like this will be a 21 point win or more 

20 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Speaking of ford I feel like they would of went deeper in 2019 with him at qb he turn chapel hill around the next year and man that freshman qb they have he might be chill version of Greg ward if he starts rest the season and speaking of that this week podcast has a lot to speak on chill don’t be showing the podcast love and I’m the goat of chill I’ll talk about it this weekend but as for this game I still feel like this will be a 21 point win or more 

nah man...Ford was the qb in the playoff game against College Station in 2019.  That team wasn't going far in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

nah man...Ford was the qb in the playoff game against College Station in 2019.  That team wasn't going far in the playoffs.

Too many horses lost in 2018 to do something, but they were way better than the 2020 team, heck at least they went 3-0 to start district before imploding hell the 2020 team imploded on the first game lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

I disagree. That team was very limited. The '20 team was PLAIN TERRIBLE!!!

1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

I disagree. That team was very limited. The '20 team was PLAIN TERRIBLE!!!

They was bad but those two games they sat ford and played Sanchez I feel they could win and got another team early in playoffs they could of possibly beat and gained some confidence but I ask this U think the Ratliff teams was worse than the 2020 team?

10 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

They was bad but those two games they sat ford and played Sanchez I feel they could win and got another team early in playoffs they could of possibly beat and gained some confidence but I ask this U think the Ratliff teams was worse than the 2020 team?

They were just as bad equally. Ratliff was TRULY GARBAGE 🗑 

4 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

good point.

4 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

They were just as bad equally. Ratliff was TRULY GARBAGE 🗑 

those yrs was all because of bad coaching. You saw an immediate difference when Thomas Brooks replaced him.  Brooks doesn't get the credit he deserves because he turned this prgram around.  Remember Coach Rush was an assistant on his staff. 

• Like 1