21. Cameron Yoe - L 32-28 to Academy 
22. Mineola - L 49-7 over Mt. Vernon  
23. Whitesboro - L 42-21 to Brock 
24. Pilot Point - W 35-21 over Paradise 
T25. Early - L 48-7 to Jim Ned 
T25. Poteet - W 27-25 over Jourdanton 
T25. Lago Vista - W 50-3 over Luling 

Others: Woodville, Jourdanton, London

Cameron Yoe continues to struggle in the secondary and even when in position can not make plays. 

Academy Bees put together a great game plan. They have  great QB and a very good team and coaching staff.

Questionable decisions  by Yoe coaching staff during game.

You can not place QB 7 in 3rd down and eight through out the game.

Academy exploited  the Yoe weakness.

They may belong at 25 . Yoe has not beaten a good team all season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yoe09 said:
1. Jim Ned - W 48-7 over Early 
2. Brock - W 42-21 over Whitesboro
3. Lorena - OFF 
4. Hallettsville - W 48-2 over Hempstead  
5. Yoakum - W 33-13 over Boling
6. Mt. Vernon - W 49-7 over Mineola 
7. Grandview - W 54-27 over Dallas Madison 
8. Gladewater - W 28-8 over Atlanta 
9. Tatum - W 45-0 over New Boston 
10. Industrial - W 49-20 over Orange Grove  
11. Malakoff - W 62-0 over Eustace 
12. West - W  63-0 over Dallas A+
13. Columbus - W 56-35 over Hitchcock 
14. Edna - W 51-8 over Aransas Pass 
15. Bushland - W 44-14 over Muleshoe
16. Little River Academy - W 32-28 over Cameron Yoe
17. East Chambers - W 24-10 over Anahuac 
18. Wall - W 64-13 over TLCA 
19. Shallowater - W 40-0 over Brownfield  
20. Sabine - W 31-7 over Jefferson 

Secondary for Yoe out of position all night.  No adjustments were made all night. 
You cannot allow a player continue to play who gave up the number of TDs and plays as one did last night and expect to win.  Yoe was out coached in the 4th quarter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

I like the way Sabine is playing. Most of the teams ahead of them would probably beat them, but I think they deserve where you have them. 

Sabine is playing really well and they definitely have the chance to move up. To see just how good they are going into the playoffs.  They run the table in their district and they will go far in the playoffs. They beat Gladewater and Tatum and I'll be on the Cardinal bandwagon. It's great for Sabine and for THSF.

29 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Sabine is playing really well and they definitely have the chance to move up. To see just how good they are going into the playoffs.  They run the table in their district and they will go far in the playoffs. They beat Gladewater and Tatum and I'll be on the Cardinal bandwagon. It's great for Sabine and for THSF.

We will match up a lot better against Gladewater than Tatum. Sharp is doing a great job with our program in Sabine. 

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

We will match up a lot better against Gladewater than Tatum. Sharp is doing a great job with our program in Sabine. 

True, hopefully the Cardinals are enjoying the journey.  I've heard a lot of people say if they had known how it ended they would have enjoyed it more. 

On 10/9/2021 at 11:28 AM, bulldogs99 said:

Cameron Yoe continues to struggle in the secondary and even when in position can not make plays. 

Academy Bees put together a great game plan. They have  great QB and a very good team and coaching staff.

Questionable decisions  by Yoe coaching staff during game.

You can not place QB 7 in 3rd down and eight through out the game.

Academy exploited  the Yoe weakness.

They may belong at 25 . Yoe has not beaten a good team all season.

Those 3rd-&-longs have been fairly consistent for a few years. So you're right about that and the secondary play. Better than the opener against Lago, but still...

Also, the line play has improved also, but also still - You've got to win those battles in the fourth quarter when you need to sustain drives. Too much talent to not tive them opportunitues to move the chains.

On 10/9/2021 at 4:39 PM, yoenation79 said:

Secondary for Yoe out of position all night.  No adjustments were made all night. 
You cannot allow a player continue to play who gave up the number of TDs and plays as one did last night and expect to win.  Yoe was out coached in the 4th quarter. 

Yoe shouldn't have lost this game.

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

Yoe shouldn't have lost this game.

LRA receivers and QB are good but not great. Yoe secondary needs some help.

If you have the numbers, then 2 platooning is better. If you don't, sometimes you got to play the best athletes on both sides. Especially late in the season or playoffs.

2 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

LRA receivers and QB are good but not great. Yoe secondary needs some help.

If you have the numbers, then 2 platooning is better. If you don't, sometimes you got to play the best athletes on both sides. Especially late in the season or playoffs.

Rhoades is two-platooning as much as he can. Our radio guys were actually mentioning it Friday night. But the secondary is playing so subpar he's having to play a couple star offensive players back there on obvious passing downs.

7 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Rhoades is two-platooning as much as he can. Our radio guys were actually mentioning it Friday night. But the secondary is playing so subpar he's having to play a couple star offensive players back there on obvious passing downs.

The Jim Neds, the Grandviews, the Halletsvilles last year had 4 plus kids going both ways.  
Last years 3a State Champion Jim Ned had 5 kids playing both sides of the ball. 
2 platooning is great if you have the talent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoenation79 said:

The Jim Neds, the Grandviews, the Halletsvilles last year had 4 plus kids going both ways.  

Gotta play your best kids. 

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

I honestly don’t see anyone beating MV. Great passing attack with a beast of RB to go along with. Scary he’s just a sophomore. Defense is pretty good too. 

There's a few teams that can beat them and match up good against them. The teams they faced just didn't have the depth or haven't been that good. McGill is a good back. Hard to bring down, makes/gets a lot of second attempt yards. If someone can stop McGill and make MV predictable, they can be beat. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

There's a few teams that can beat them and match up good against them. The teams they faced just didn't have the depth or haven't been that good. McGill is a good back. Hard to bring down, makes/gets a lot of second attempt yards. If someone can stop McGill and make MV predictable, they can be beat. 

They’ll be a tough out. Can never tell with kids. You a Malakoff fan? I had the pleasure of watching your guys game in Pittsburg. All night long I heard (Pitt side) people talking pretty rough about 10. Told the wife under my breath I bet Pitt wishes they had him. You never like those guys unless their on your team. Sure enough, talk to some friends after the game and said old 10 is pretty tough. They responded yeah he plays a little dirty. I said BS!!! you’d kill to have him on your team. They all agreed lol. Very intense young man. Plays like he’s way bigger than he is. I noticed he was constantly looking to the sideline and implementing adjustments coaches were sending in. He has a high football IQ for sure. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, BarryGoldwater said:

They’ll be a tough out. Can never tell with kids. You a Malakoff fan? I had the pleasure of watching your guys game in Pittsburg. All night long I heard (Pitt side) people talking pretty rough about 10. Told the wife under my breath I bet Pitt wishes they had him. You never like those guys unless their on your team. Sure enough, talk to some friends after the game and said old 10 is pretty tough. They responded yeah he plays a little dirty. I said BS!!! you’d kill to have him on your team. They all agreed lol. Very intense young man. Plays like he’s way bigger than he is. I noticed he was constantly looking to the sideline and implementing adjustments coaches were sending in. He has a high football IQ for sure. 

Yes sir I am. That is Dk Rose, he is a senior. That kid loves to play and can hit to as you can tell. He's not the biggest but he makes up for it and yes, any DC/HC would love to have him. Actually, he not a bad rb. He got injured the game before so they were only playing on defense that game.

The Pitt game got out of hand, imo. It was going both ways with dirty hits and trash talking honestly. At one point, you could tell they were targeting Dk. I didn't see what started the whole thing but the officials should've gotten the coaches together than the captains of each team. First time, I've seen that happen.

24 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes sir I am. That is Dk Rose, he is a senior. That kid loves to play and can hit to as you can tell. He's not the biggest but he makes up for it and yes, any DC/HC would love to have him. Actually, he not a bad rb. He got injured the game before so they were only playing on defense that game.

The Pitt game got out of hand, imo. It was going both ways with dirty hits and trash talking honestly. At one point, you could tell they were targeting Dk. I didn't see what started the whole thing but the officials should've gotten the coaches together than the captains of each team. First time, I've seen that happen.

I know if I were a coach I’d love to have him. I went down on the field and was surprised at his size. He played like he weighed 250 lbs. Doesn’t really bother me when things get chirpy. You got young men going at it. It’s not golf. I personally enjoyed it. I don’t look at it as an attitude problem. I look at it as heart and want to. I’d rather have to hold a kid back by the collar than to kick one in the rear to get them going. He is a phenomenal football player. Hope he gets a shot to play somewhere. He’d be a great asset at a smaller college. Put his heart and motor inside of a bigger body and he’d be a D1 kid. IMO

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
24 minutes ago, BarryGoldwater said:

I know if I were a coach I’d love to have him. I went down on the field and was surprised at his size. He played like he weighed 250 lbs. Doesn’t really bother me when things get chirpy. You got young men going at it. It’s not golf. I personally enjoyed it. I don’t look at it as an attitude problem. I look at it as heart and want to. I’d rather have to hold a kid back by the collar than to kick one in the rear to get them going. He is a phenomenal football player. Hope he gets a shot to play somewhere. He’d be a great asset at a smaller college. Put his heart and motor inside of a bigger body and he’d be a D1 kid. IMO

I agree with you. I haven't heard if he has yet or not but would like to see him go. 

On 10/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, Yoe09 said:
1. Jim Ned - W 48-7 over Early 
2. Brock - W 42-21 over Whitesboro
3. Lorena - OFF 
4. Hallettsville - W 48-2 over Hempstead  
5. Yoakum - W 33-13 over Boling
6. Mt. Vernon - W 49-7 over Mineola 
7. Grandview - W 54-27 over Dallas Madison 
8. Gladewater - W 28-8 over Atlanta 
9. Tatum - W 45-0 over New Boston 
10. Industrial - W 49-20 over Orange Grove  
11. Malakoff - W 62-0 over Eustace 
12. West - W  63-0 over Dallas A+
13. Columbus - W 56-35 over Hitchcock 
14. Edna - W 51-8 over Aransas Pass 
15. Bushland - W 44-14 over Muleshoe
16. Little River Academy - W 32-28 over Cameron Yoe
17. East Chambers - W 24-10 over Anahuac 
18. Wall - W 64-13 over TLCA 
19. Shallowater - W 40-0 over Brownfield  
20. Sabine - W 31-7 over Jefferson 

Gonna be mighty funny when the Yoe dont make playoffs yet you have them in your top 25 smh

1 hour ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Gonna be mighty funny when the Yoe dont make playoffs yet you have them in your top 25 smh

I come out with my poll before anyone else, but I'm pretty sure Cameron is ranked in the top 25 of every poll out there this week.   If Cameron does not make the playoffs, I'll gladly come back here and say you're right, but I doubt I'll have to.  

15 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

During Rhoades' title runs he two-platooned because he had enough kids on the roster and it kept them fresh. Most of the teams we beat had a lot of kids playing both ways and we just wore them down in the second half.

When we played Daingerfield in 2010 (Defending two-time 2A-D1 champs, while we just barely missed the cut to stay in 3A-D2), I don't remember a lot of those kids playing both ways. Except the #1 ranked player in the state, who played LB and TE. AND kicked.

5 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

I come out with my poll before anyone else, but I'm pretty sure Cameron is ranked in the top 25 of every poll out there this week.   If Cameron does not make the playoffs, I'll gladly come back here and say you're right, but I doubt I'll have to.  

well if they play like they did friday they will lose 2 out of 3 and miss playoffs.

but also how does cameron get top 25 and lose first round like they going to even if they make playoffs just weird.