Dawgs ( Carthage) versus Dogs (Jasper)

cowboyandchrist

33 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

It’s exactly what I expected. Offense committed some very bad penalties that needs to be cleaned up as well as another bad exchange on that fumble. 

I think as a unit the Jasper defense was the best we have faced. But Burton from Gilmer wreaked the most havoc individually 

Yep. Jasper D is the real deal against the Run... Carthage Needed this game, & I’m sure Jasper needed it as well.

Jasper NG was a good one tonight, especially for being smallish for the position........Jasper defense as a whole was well coached and played hard - just tough when your offense can do basicly nothing and you are also very small in stature for most of the 11 positions on defense.

I could not believe the Jasper head coach let the player go back in the game after throwing a fit on the sidelines with what looked to be 2 Jasper coaches.

5 hours ago, Snoopy52 said:

Question for Carthage fans , how many kids from Carthage transfer to Beckville to play football?? Their QB is pretty dang good along with several other players.  

I don’t know how many transfer to play football. I know several kids that live in the district go to school in beckville, but mostly because their parents want them in Beckville schools. Not sure if any go just to play football.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Jasper’s defense is most likely the best defense Carthage will see all season.

Had Cuff not wildly overthrown Paddie near the end of the first half the final would’ve been 35-0.

He probably isn’t used to having a 30mph tailwind on his passes yet...😳😜

6 hours ago, Snoopy52 said:

Question for Carthage fans , how many kids from Carthage transfer to Beckville to play football?? Their QB is pretty dang good along with several other players.  

The QB I do believe has lived in Beckville and gone to school there his whole life. There may be others on here who know better than I though. 

6 hours ago, Snoopy52 said:

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

I don’t know how many transfer to play football. I know several kids that live in the district go to school in beckville, but mostly because their parents want them in Beckville schools. Not sure if any go just to play football.

I know over the years there has been some really good players from Beckville that moved to Carthage for football. None of the kids on Beckville are transfers from Carthage I know of 

58 minutes ago, Beardawg1970 said:

I know over the years there has been some really good players from Beckville that moved to Carthage for football. None of the kids on Beckville are transfers from Carthage I know of 

You could say there have been some Beardawgs, yea? Lol.

Beckville and Carthage are so close together and everyone knows each other it’s pretty much the same place anyways. Beckville is like a subdivision of Carthage. 

Looked pretty good going into the wind. A lot of the bad throws were off fakes where he had to rush his motion. Gotta clean that up to where the fake doesn’t hurt the throw.

Worried about the QB to RB exchange. Two fumbles on basic run plays, not any kind of RPO. Those could be deadly against stiff competition.

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

If Jasper would have had an Offense last night, this would have been an Awesome contest to watch. 

Yes it would’ve been, but they don’t.  Their D has to be one of the best in the State, and their O one of the worst.  Maybe even the worst.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

mike you are spot on my friend! with all you said. no offense taken whatsoever.

it is what it is.

we had that garbage in Mike Bickham after yall, BUT we did get Morgan these @$%^%^^&& here in Jasper with their BS caused the guy to say the hell with it. Quite a damn shame it was.

Jasper offense - 95% up the middle or to their right…….5% plays meant to go left

18 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You need to see Wills Point & North Lamar before labeling Jasper the worst.

It’s pretty bad. Lots of athletes, so it’s hard to believe how inept it looked. Very vanilla. Very uncreative. Pretty much all pass plays were rollouts to the right. Then just levels of outs. When a good defense like Carthage only has to defend half the field, it is going to be very hard.

3 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

It’s pretty bad. Lots of athletes, so it’s hard to believe how inept it looked. Very vanilla. Very uncreative. Pretty much all pass plays were rollouts to the right. Then just levels of outs. When a good defense like Carthage only has to defend half the field, it is going to be very hard.

Trust me, you need to see the others I mentioned.  They are the same as you describe with no athletes.  They both have more runs for losses than for positive yards. They actually played each other earlier this year.  NL got their 1st win in like 3 years vs WP 32-9.

• SMH 1

20 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Jasper’s Offensive Coordinator trained under Vince Lombardi…still runs his offense too…

first and foremost to the C DAWGS  as usual a well played game I tip my hat to.

I honestly wish yall continued success for the rest of season.

about our OC or lack there of.  Randy Birdwell was set to take over the OC position after Brian Barbay retired after last season. Shortly before this season started he (Birdwell) was hired as HC at Hull Daisetta.

while Jasper does have numerous position coaches for the offense there is no OC. so the play calling has fallen on Coach Barbay. to say the least  it's good for about 56 yards of production.

it is by far the weakest/worse offensive strategy in Jasper modern Era football.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

about our OC or lack there of.  Randy Birdwell was set to take over the OC position after Brian Barbay retired after last season. Shortly before this season started he (Birdwell) was hired as HC at Hull Daisetta.

while Jasper does have numerous position coaches for the offense there is no OC. so the play calling has fallen on Coach Barbay. to say the least  it's good for about 56 yards of production.

it is by far the weakest/worse offensive strategy in Jasper modern Era football.

JDawg, thank you very much for the kind wishes for our C-Dawgs. I wish Jasper had a real offense; man, I feel for y’all.

Us Bulldog fans are slightly concerned about our offense, but we have the horses and the coach to be productive. Jasper has the horses, but an inferior offensive scheme. We wish you well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

On the good side of that, there is room for improvement on that side of the ball with just some scheme and coaching changes. There’s definite talent there. Hope not too many of them will be gone after this year and maybe they have a better offensive plan next season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

On the good side of that, there is room for improvement on that side of the ball with just some scheme and coaching changes. There’s definite talent there. Hope not too many of them will be gone after this year and maybe they have a better offensive plan next season.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 2