Jax vs Nac

Jets

11 minutes ago, Jets said:

If what your saying is true, why doesn't marshall have a lot of Hispanic players on their team?

I never said you needed a lot....I said it wasn't smart to ignore an entire group that makes up a significant portion of your male enrollment.

Marshall has 8 (maybe 9....not sure) on our varsity roster.  One of them is our starting Quarterback.

58 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I never said you needed a lot....I said it wasn't smart to ignore an entire group that makes up a significant portion of your male enrollment.

Marshall has 8 (maybe 9....not sure) on our varsity roster.  One of them is our starting Quarterback.

Jax does and has always had some Hispanics on the roster, even when I played in early 90s. I now live in El Paso, 90 percent Hispanic and we're not exactly known to be a football powerhouse out here. 

16 minutes ago, Jets said:

Jax does and has always had some Hispanics on the roster, even when I played in early 90s. I now live in El Paso, 90 percent Hispanic and we're not exactly known to be a football powerhouse out here. 

Like I said....I think it could be a factor.  Didn't say it was the secret formula for success.  And I'm an outsider looking in.  But I've seen it be a factor at other schools (Mt. Pleasant being one). 

It's just an observation.  I see Jax folks asking what the problem is....and how to fix it and I offered something I've seen from some of our neighbors.

Obviously Jax's struggles are multi-faceted.  Smaller enrollment, changing demos, lower participation, coaching, less community support..... there's probably a dozen other reasons.  

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Getting rid of the losing defeated mentally and proper changes ( work harder, better coaching , endurance, fan support, ect. The atmosphere was far better years ago. I honestly believe the drop in classification will help things tremendously. Won’t guarantee anything but starts the winning foundation. Leaders will know their role and people will come.

I think it's a big leap to think Jacksonville suddenly becomes a contender when they will have the likes of Lindale, Kilgore, Henderson, and Chapel Hill in their district.

I see that as a near lateral move.

JMHO.

Jacksonville needs a culture change to become a winner again.  Not a change in classification. 

5 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Yes I agree . Jax will be competitive not District killers. Winning cures that . I am talking like 6-4 seasons nothing major. Plenty of 1-9 seasons will destroy anybody culture.

I get it.  I just don't think it really helps. 

Does it matter if they are beating Athens instead of Hallsville or Mabank instead of Mt. Pleasant?  Does it matter if they are losing to Lindale instead of Texas High or Kilgore instead of Marshall?

Seems like a wash.

If they were in that district this season.... they would likely finish (2-8) or (3-7) this season.  And we'd STILL be having this same conversation.

Jacksonville's struggles aren't about classification.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I get it.  I just don't think it really helps. 

Does it matter if they are beating Athens instead of Hallsville or Mabank instead of Mt. Pleasant?  Does it matter if they are losing to Lindale instead of Texas High or Kilgore instead of Marshall?

Seems like a wash.

If they were in that district this season.... they would likely finish (2-8) or (3-7) this season.  And we'd STILL be having this same conversation.

Jacksonville's struggles aren't about classification.

Total agree. If anyone thinks jville going 4a is going to help with the current struggles. Not happening.  

I personally think mavchamp hit it on the head. Jacksonville does have a lot more Hispanics on the team than in the past. Nothing wrong with that. But jville needs to get the community started earlier. I just want the town to get the buzz like it used to be. With Ed Orgeron not having a job next year… heck maybe a 1-15 year will get Urban Meyer in coaching discussions to come to the smaller Jacksonville. I just miss not being in the discussion of district titles. it only takes one good hire to turn things around. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 8:54 PM, formertribesman said:

I watched the game on their live stream and from what I’ve seen the coaches have given up. There were two ejections of jville players and I saw zero concern from some of the coaches. Discipline has been lacking lately and that is unacceptable. I can take not winning (not easy), but I can’t take a team without discipline. It is doing these kids no favors on being taught how to be men. I’m my opinion, the coaching has run it’s course and  needs an overhaul. 

it’s sad to see the Tomato Bowl what it is now. Yes, it’s a lot nicer with renovations, but there is no fear from opponents like there once was.  Teams used to go to the Tomato Bowl for a battle that they would more than likely lose. Now they are going for field trip and a W. The tribe only has 1 win since renovation and that is very hard to accept from former players. 

And I may be completely wrong about what I said about coaches giving up, but that’s what I noticed from the live stream. 

If you think the coaches gave up during the middle of the season, may I strongly encourage you get off your couch watching your livestream, put the effort into physically attending a game, and then perhaps visit a couple of practices. Then you can have the audacity to get on a "blog for grown men to gossip behind a screen" and express your opinion of the coaches that have given up. BUT, I am quite sure that would require way too much effort from you. You only have the energy and ability to be an internet troll from a distance. Typical! 

On 10/16/2021 at 5:20 PM, Jets said:

A new coaching staff has to breathe new life into the program

A new coaching staff still won't be able to go on the field and catch passes for the players. A new coaching staff still won't be able to go out there as our QB and throw the ball for him. A new coaching staff still won't be able to go out there as our QB and run the ball for him. A new coaching staff still won't be able to go out there as our kicker or punter and do the job correctly for them. 

If you actually ever attended any games, Toby, you would see the plays are there. But again, can't go out there and execute for the kids. Coming from all people, you. Honestly just shameful given all the history. No loyalty. 

13 hours ago, HarleyHarley said:

A new coaching staff still won't be able to go on the field and catch passes for the players. A new coaching staff still won't be able to go out there as our QB and throw the ball for him. A new coaching staff still won't be able to go out there as our QB and run the ball for him. A new coaching staff still won't be able to go out there as our kicker or punter and do the job correctly for them. 

If you actually ever attended any games, Toby, you would see the plays are there. But again, can't go out there and execute for the kids. Coming from all people, you. Honestly just shameful given all the history. No loyalty. 

My name is Mike Phillips not toby, I'm loyal to the indians, not a coaching staff. Who are you anyway? You don't know what your talking about. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

Lol guy thinks you know you. I got a dude from Henderson is like that. Never mentioned anything to my face or tells me his name but knows me lol. That is a you problem on his part. Too be fair changes are needed in Jacksonville. I know preaching to the choir....

Haha thanks

Hmm...seems to me that the Hispanic children should be engaged earlier in say grade school and encourage them to play football,as well as soccer and other sports.At the school I root for,way over half the kids are Hispanic and have been for years,they make up the majority of the football team and again,have for years.we do alright and again,have for years.its about involving the kids early and encouraging them throughout their school years and playing to the strengths of the team as a whole.coaches usually figure this out and move along in the process of building their programs 🤷‍♂️

• LOL! 1

Everybody talks about CULTURE ... it is the new buzz word ... yet no one ever really defines it ... maybe it's just in the eye of the dictionary user ... Culture really evolves from the community - the educational system also - coaches (and other educational professionals) have to operate within those cultural guidelines if they are going to be gainfully employed.  Like virtually all issues, there is no one cause or one solution.  And if you desire to bring change, it starts at ground level ... and it's not done overnight.