2A-3A cutoff rumors?

Destry

3 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Since you keep bring up the past, WR dominated Waskom for 4 years before that loss. Who cares what happened last year lmao!! 

Um we have the same players this year that we had last year, so do y'all. If we play yall its gonna be a wood shedding again. 

26 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

We shall see, but no, we don’t have all of the same players as last year. This years team looks a lot different. 

They act a lot different too. This team can't keep their mouths shut and just play ball. Dumb hot headed penalties will cost West Rusk a game they shouldn't lose.

2 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Who’ll be yalls first good test in the playoffs? And what round?

2nd round Paul Pewitt 3rd round Newton, 4th round West Rusk 5th round Franklin. Of course this all depends on EF not beating us like last year. 

7 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

When do you think the Metroplex gobbles up Gunter? 8-10 years or so?

It will be longer than that -- Celina's growth has slowed more than I thought it would. Prosper has really siphoned off a lot of growth that I think was expected to head this way. Gunter just crossed 2,000 population and the latest census had them averaging 50 people per year.

There would have to be a major leap to get there by 2030. It's possible because Celina added 10,000 and Prosper added 20,500 but I'd be stunned if there was a big push coming just based on the numbers. 

If I'd guess, I would put it around 2035, only because I'd want to see to the next census growth in the area. to see how much it continues to trend. 

3 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

It will be longer than that -- Celina's growth has slowed more than I thought it would. Prosper has really siphoned off a lot of growth that I think was expected to head this way. Gunter just crossed 2,000 population and the latest census had them averaging 50 people per year.

There would have to be a major leap to get there by 2030. It's possible because Celina added 10,000 and Prosper added 20,500 but I'd be stunned if there was a big push coming just based on the numbers. 

If I'd guess, I would put it around 2035, only because I'd want to see to the next census growth in the area. to see how much it continues to trend. 

I’ll be dead by then lol

On 10/12/2021 at 9:17 PM, Wild74 said:

Problem was the tie breaker Tatum lost to EF, Beckville beat EF, Tatum beat Beckville and Waskom beat Beckville and Waskom and EF played for the district with Waskom beating EF. I can't remember how the tie breaker went but Waskom went to the playoffs and lost to Timpson

Beckville and Tatum tied in 1974...Beckville lost to Waskom 16-12 and Waskom represented the district.

• Like 1