2A-3A cutoff rumors?

Destry

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

I think the overall consensus is that it might take a little while this year to determine what the real numbers will end of being.

Unless your school is on the cusp of a cutoff number from the previous realignment, then  the new enrollment number will most likely fall well within your previous classification.  We can most likely use last realignment numbers as a gauge once the enrollment numbers become official.  Then I suspect there will be a looong waiting period this year to determine those exact cutoff numbers.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Unless your school is on the cusp of a cutoff number from the previous realignment, then  the new enrollment number will most likely fall well within your previous classification.  We can most likely use last realignment numbers as a gauge once the enrollment numbers become official.  Then I suspect there will be a looong waiting period this year to determine those exact cutoff numbers.

Correct.  With no 7A in the mix quite yet, don't expect anything major in terms on changes.  Expect the numbers to go up just slightly like they normally do.  

6 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Maybe we’ll be a a district with teams y’all usually schedule. 

There was a day when Waskom and Tatum was in the same district here is you a flash back Eagleborn to Waskom at Tatum in 1974. Excuse the commentary it was meant for the Waskom  Alumni and that is me telling some folks who is who. I didn't know any of the Tatum players. 

7 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

There was a day when Waskom and Tatum was in the same district here is you a flash back Eagleborn to Waskom at Tatum in 1974. Excuse the commentary it was meant for the Waskom  Alumni and that is me telling some folks who is who. I didn't know any of the Tatum players. 

Yea we won that game. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Yea we won that game. 

Problem was the tie breaker Tatum lost to EF, Beckville beat EF, Tatum beat Beckville and Waskom beat Beckville and Waskom and EF played for the district with Waskom beating EF. I can't remember how the tie breaker went but Waskom went to the playoffs and lost to Timpson

20 minutes ago, BarryGoldwater said:

HotWheel55 tell us more about those squads back in the 60’s. I love history. 

Well we once beat a team 85-6. As the paper put it, we put 60 on em with the 1’s then the 2’s let the team put 6 on em. First score against WO all year. So Griffin put the 1’s back in and put another 16 on the board for WO. Lol Roughnecks didn’t play back then. Paper wrote a nice article on it. Some more history here. Max McGee who everyone knows was 1 or 3 or 4 brothers that ran the ball every year for 15 years here. Max’s bro coy was on a notre dame national championship team. Also one of the only schools in the state to win a title in 3 sports in 1 year something the Tadum tirds won’t ever do.

Just now, Racer55 said:

Well we once beat a team 85-6. As the paper put it, we put 60 on em with the 1’s then the 2’s let the team put 6 on em. First score against WO all year. So Griffin put the 1’s back in and put another 16 on the board for WO. Lol Roughnecks didn’t play back then. Paper wrote a nice article on it. Some more history here. Max McGee who everyone knows was 1 or 3 or 4 brothers that ran the ball every year for 15 years here. Max’s bro coy was on a notre dame national championship team. Also one of the only schools in the state to win a title in 3 sports in 1 year something the Tadum tirds won’t ever do.

Anybody that saw that game still alive?

• LOL! 1

25 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

“My grandad told me stories”….. 

My step grandfather was all state guard and mr. WO 1956. U seem like the type that come from a family of non contributors lol

26 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Maybe we’ll be a a district with teams y’all usually schedule. 

Still won’t help y’all. Newton and others in this region.

1 minute ago, Racer55 said:

My step grandfather was all state guard and mr. WO 1956. U seem like the type that come from a family of non contributors lol

Still won’t help y’all. Newton and others in this region.

Non contributors, eh? I never lost to WO in anything in high school. 

glad you know we’ll be in same region as Newton. Better start preparing.