Dave Chapelle’s NETFLEX Comedy Special “The Closer”

BarryGoldwater

Love this guy. Like BG said, he holds back no punches. Even his own are not off limits. Infact I remember hearing he got a lot of backlash from the black libtards, that he left the country for awhile. Not sure how true that is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Love this guy. Like BG said, he holds back no punches. Even his own are not off limits. Infact I remember hearing he got a lot of backlash from the black libtards, that he left the country for awhile. Not sure how true that is.

My favorite comedians are guys like Carlin/Pryor/Hicks/Bruce/Seinfeld/Rock/Chapelle, I even like Louie CK's tv show, even if he is a pervert. 

No I don't agree with their politics. No I don't admire them as men. They're not pastors or philosophers. They're ####ing clowns! They make me laugh. That's all. 

I don't need ideological purity from my entertainment. Otherwise I'd just read the Bible. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 12:16 AM, BarryGoldwater said:

I’d recommend this comedy special, if you’re comfortable with edgier comedy. Personally he’s in my Top 5 all time best. He pulls no punches with this insane LGBTQ movement. 

He told no lies so I don't see the problem. It was funny.

• Like 1

Chappelle is one of the best in the business. The great thing about comedy is that I don’t have to agree with things a comedian says to find it funny. And if he says something offensive, guess what, I laugh or don’t, and I move on.  Nothing should be out of bounds in comedy. If you don’t like it, don’t listen.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Chappelle is one of the best in the business. The great thing about comedy is that I don’t have to agree with things a comedian says to find it funny. And if he says something offensive, guess what, I laugh or don’t, and I move on.  Nothing should be out of bounds in comedy. If you don’t like it, don’t listen.

I agree, except I take it further: nothing should be out of bounds outside of the First Amendment. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, LOL said:

I agree, except I take it further: nothing should be out of bounds outside of the First Amendment. 

You right!

If you can convince people that you need to silence certain speech to prevent the spread of misinformation or to protect people from evil words, then you open the door to silencing opposition. And that’s pretty much the beginning of the end.

Sorry, don’t wanna run down that road on this thread!

The greats were/are all on the edge of what’s acceptable. And the truly exceptional usually don’t care about an agenda, but will make fun of any and all situations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18A89A81-25A7-4EC9-B804-7BB309E67218.jpeg

I watch a Tom Cruise action movie. I suspend belief for an hour and a half that Ol’ Tom is a man’s man who stands above 5’6” tall. I knowingly choose to buy into that false narrative. I can’t buy into the fact that this 332F96BE-3CED-4AE1-8072-8BDC83B10A05.jpeg

is a woman. I would need to be admitted into Rusk hospital to have my head checked for delusions. Just like these people should for believing they can change reality into their POV. Mental illness is a huge issue in this country. We’re letting the mentally ill dictate what societal norms are. Chappelle told no lies in his special. The man’s funny. If you can’t find the humor in stuff then rearrange the stick and see if that helps.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:45 PM, BarryGoldwater said:

I’m paraphrasing (strong language)

Eddie Murphy: Are there any #### in the audience tonight?

Audience: silence

Eddie Murphy: Good. Let’s talk about those ***** 

Audience: burst of laughter

He was a little more straight forward than Dave. Lol

It was OK for him since he was part of the community lol

• LOL! 1