Tyler High (5-2)(3-0) @ Highland Park (6-1)(3-0)

cujoforlife

District 7 5a D1   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Will you allow yourself to do that...lol  

I mean, you always pull for Cujo to lose 

Meh.

I'm indifferent this week tbh. I would prefer both lose until the end of time lol but can't have that. 

• Grumpy 1

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

They not holding us to 21.

Granted, some self inflicted mistakes...they held us to 16... and we have the #1 scoring offense in the district.

Their defense isn't what it was last year but D1 players like Jack Curtis and George Wright (my pick for district defensive MVP) still make a good nucleus for that side of the ball. Not to mention good coaching, discipline and awareness.

Tyler only scored in the 30s against WM, McKinney North and Horn...3 bad defenses. So, I wouldn't go around saying "HP won't hold us to X" because....yes they will and yes they can.

Lastly, Highlander Stadium is....different. You'll see what I mean in a few days. Holmes better be on top of them about discipline this week.

• Like 3

Nacogdoches is 2-5
Mesquite Horn is 1-6
McKinney North is 3-5
West Mesquite is 2-5
Wylie East is 2-5

By far the best team Tyler has faced all season will be this week. The only two teams that the Lions have faced that have a winning record beat them, so we'll see.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Granted, some self inflicted mistakes...they held us to 16... and we have the #1 scoring offense in the district.

Their defense isn't what it was last year but D1 players like Jack Curtis and George Wright (my pick for district defensive MVP) still make a good nucleus for that side of the ball. Not to mention good coaching, discipline and awareness.

Tyler only scored in the 30s against WM, McKinney North and Horn...3 bad defenses. So, I wouldn't go around saying "HP won't hold us to X" because....yes they will and yes they can.

Lastly, Highlander Stadium is....different. You'll see what I mean in a few days. Holmes better be on top of them about discipline this week.

Tyler has to jump out early and hold the lead. Even Pulaski Academy had a hard time winning at Highland Park. They a few TD called back. And we’re up 28-0 on HP. 

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

This is true, there is a lot of homework to be done this week, Midterm exam! Looking at Tyler grades “if you will” their scoring, on offense and defense, they are getting it done. Are their grades at the top of the “class” from the same testing of “teams in common” of HP, LV? Tyler is behind these two as a whole. But each week Tyler is learning. Each week Tyler is making the grade as if they may be ready for the “Midterm exam” the HP’s and the LV’s. You want know until you test.

The Coaching! Hp will be “READY” Understand Me! To win by 30 will be nothing compared to their practice this week. This game is probably more important to them than it will be for Tyler. Hp focus this week will be “beating Tyler” “The Trophy” “District Champs”. Their focus  want be on just beating Tyler.

The Coaching! Tyler being “Ready” Do homework, just do your homework. Tyler can not, be doing no talking doing the game “test”. Because there is zero tolerance for the visiting team. Will HP be allowed to talk? Yes, along with this Tyler team, that is very chippy, 🙏🏾.

The Good! It’s good for Tyler to play this game “take this test” at this time. Win or lose, it’s not the end of time, it just sets a new beginning and prepares for what’s ahead.

GO CUJO 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Well average wise LV is in the middle in terms of scoring like 3rd or 4th. Tyler is leading the district right now in terms of points per game. But anyways We could say the same thing when it pertains to get touchdowns called that made the scores look closer than expected but if you were at the game none of those games were close, the west Mesquite game they even had two clear touchdowns called back so that game was worse than it looked. But enough about all that. If tyler wants to have a chance gotta play lights out and not have dumb bonehead penalties like taunting and all that ####.. I’m pulling for tyler all the way but it’s the toughest test yet. 

15 minutes ago, BarryGoldwater said:

If anyone isn’t pulling for CUJO from East Texas, then they are a pos. Highland Park thinks we are all useless country bumpkins. Go CUJO. Knock the Scots in the mouth. 

Exactly LV hates us so we ain’t gone get that respect or any at all lol 

18 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Exactly LV hates us so we ain’t gone get that respect or any at all lol 

16 minutes ago, BarryGoldwater said:

I’ve noticed. I was pulling for the Lobos when they played HP. I’d cheer on Team Hell if they were playing HP, then ask for forgiveness afterwards. 

Tyler winning would help out Longview ...why would I be cheering against them? Because I picked HP? 

It's not about cheering for anybody, I can't stand HP. I'm just a realist/purist.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

Man I believe JT will score on HP. Mainly because I know their Qb is better than Longview's. That makes all the difference. High scoring affair

2 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Man I believe JT will score on HP. Mainly because I know their Qb is better than Longview's. That makes all the difference. High scoring affair

Holt is definitely better than Allen.

I just think they find themselves in a hole early and when HP has you in that hole...and you're doing nothing but dropping back to pass...it spells danger because they love that 2 high safety and they can get in the backfield rushing 4.

Plus the biggest reason that we were in position to beat them was defense. I don't know if CUJO has Longview's level of defense this year.

If I'm CUJO, I'd actually go into this utilizing underneath passes and running the ball.