Tyler High (5-2)(3-0) @ Highland Park (6-1)(3-0)

cujoforlife

District 7 5a D1   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

Holt is definitely better than Allen.

I just think they find themselves in a hole early and when HP has you in that hole...and you're doing nothing but dropping back to pass...it spells danger because they love that 2 high safety and they can get in the backfield rushing 4.

Plus the biggest reason that we were in position to beat them was defense. I don't know if CUJO has Longview's level of defense this year.

If I'm CUJO, I'd actually go into this utilizing underneath passes and running the ball.

Yeah I know for sure HP is gonna drop back an cover three and will NOT give us deep routes hopefully Bush has the brains to understand that. Gotta eat them up with short routes and then play action over the top. I think tyler can get pressure on HP QB but flags are gonna fly when he starts getting hit. 

7 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yeah I know for sure HP is gonna drop back an cover three and will NOT give us deep routes hopefully Bush has the brains to understand that. Gotta eat them up with short routes and then play action over the top. I think tyler can get pressure on HP QB but flags are gonna fly when he starts getting hit. 

I agree with this. Definitely going to be a SERIOUS challenge. 

CUJO             BEAT               HP                                  

.          CUJO             BEAT               HP

.                     CUJO.            BEAT             HP

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Y’all gone understand this isn’t the last two years. Even if we lose which I don’t think we will, we will not lose by more 17 and that’s a respectable amount to lose by.  

I remember Longview had won like 254 str8 district games at Lobo and Cujo came in and beat the brakes off us...so it can be done

3 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

I remember Longview had won like 254 str8 district games at Lobo and Cujo came in and beat the brakes off us...so it can be done

I think that what in 2010? Cause I know 2016 was the next time we won with smith at QB. Also we won in 2014 at lobo. 3 games won out 4 at lobo stadium in the last decade. 

Just now, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I think that what in 2010? Cause I know 2016 was the next time we won with smith at QB. 

'10 is the year Longview should have won state. That game I think Lobos Qb got hurt early. '16 is when Cujo flat out toy'd with us. Think final was 38-24

13 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

'10 is the year Longview should have won state. That game I think Lobos Qb got hurt early. '16 is when Cujo flat out toy'd with us. Think final was 38-24

'10 was the year Pete went down early, '14 was the year that half the team was suspended.

They straight up dogged us in '16 though. But that was also the weakest defense Longview had in 20+ years.

27 minutes ago, Footballobserver said:

Beating up on bottom feeders doesn't mean you are elite.  HP is elite.  Scots by 35 or more.

I disagree...

HP is good this year...great last year. When I think of Elite teams HP doesn't come to mind

• Like 1

I wanna be wrong but I think hp at home pulls it out. Jt has the skills players to make it a game if they can get the ball though.  hp is not what they have been but neither is Tyler . maybe it is but no way i see it being a blowout. Prob comes down to a few plays in the 2nd half

1 hour ago, RogerDorn said:

I wanna be wrong but I think hp at home pulls it out. Jt has the skills players to make it a game if they can get the ball though.  hp is not what they have been but neither is Tyler . maybe it is but no way i see it being a blowout. Prob comes down to a few plays in the 2nd half

JT gotta be patient on offense. HP might not be the fastest but they ain't fixing to let you just blow by them. And JT gotta play sound on defense. 

• Like 1