Tyler High (5-2)(3-0) @ Highland Park (6-1)(3-0)

cujoforlife

District 7 5a D1   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Unless Nic Collins got hurt, Crawford is the back up qb and a starting receiver.  He is pretty good. He is #5. 

Oh okay. It's been Crawford tonight...he had some nice plays including a 50 yard TD run. 

HP has extended the lead since I posted that. It was close at the time. 

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Oh okay. The PA guy kept saying Crawford.

Whoever it is, he had a nice game tonight. 

yea, I like him. I think he will be the starter on varsity in the future.  He may have to wait, if they keep McFall at QB.  

Crawford is a good player too. I expect Crawford and Drummer to be on varsity next yr, and maybe a few other freshman. Drummer will likely be a starter somewhere.

28 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

Struggled??  You act like your wins over McNorth were blowouts. When Tyler wins it easy and when they lose it is Coach Holmes fault.  Hilarious 

Here is what is so funny - You think McNorth is my team. Truth is I love listening to Tyler fans who always over hype their average football team. Let’s talk Saturday. I will be here no matter what. 

They were 2014 we completely destroyed you from the beginning 64-40 Ronald Jones got smacked in that game. 2021 was another blowout and 2018 was the only “close” one and it shouldn’t have been close. 

1 minute ago, JTFAN99 said:

yea, I like him. I think he will be the starter on varsity in the future.  He may have to wait, if they keep McFall at QB.  

Crawford is a good player too. I expect Crawford and Drummer to be on varsity next yr, and maybe a few other freshman. Drummer will likely be a starter somewhere.

Since all the receivers coming back I doubt he will play a lot of receiver, maybe RB or CB?

12 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

They were 2014 we completely destroyed you from the beginning 64-40 Ronald Jones got smacked in that game. 2021 was another blowout and 2018 was the only “close” one and it shouldn’t have been close. 

Now that is funny. Shows how smart you are. 2021 was a 17 point game where Tyler scored a TD late. 14 - 7 at halftime. Can’t wait to see what you say about the score coming soon. 

2 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Man don't take y'all butts up there and get peter-rolled😃😀

No, I don’t see that happening, unless something is just way out of wack like Flags every other play, and I want mention the other two. This will be their biggest game since the rival game “if you will”. I’m looking for them to continue to get better in how they play the game, win or lose. This team has the potential of being something special, in the way they play the game. It’s just can the coaches and players get there. This game does not make or break Tyler High, but they will see and learn what it takes mentally to win, that they have to learn as a team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

Now that is funny. Shows how smart you are. 2021 was a 17 point game where Tyler scored a TD late. 14 - 7 at halftime. Can’t wait to see what you say about the score coming soon. 

Dubs!!, you better hope y’all not in our district next year cause y’all ain’t beating us no time soon. Not with that trash y’all got coming up

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cujo2016 said:

No, I don’t see that happening, unless something is just way out of wack like Flags every other play, and I want mention the other two. This will be their biggest game since the rival game “if you will”. I’m looking for them to continue to get better in how they play the game, win or lose. This team has the potential of being something special, in the way they play the game. It’s just can the coaches and players get there. This game does not make or break Tyler High, but they will see and learn what it takes mentally to win, that they have to learn as a team.

This game is also a gauge of how far they can go in the playoffs. If they win or if this is really close, I will feel better about a few rounds in the playoffs 

57 minutes ago, cujo2016 said:

Well DMNews got it 42-20...

4 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

This game is also a gauge of how far they can go in the playoffs. If they win or if this is really close, I will feel better about a few rounds in the playoffs 

It will definitely gauge the competition of the playoffs if it come to that. The strength of their front four and linebacker, will require discipline and Eli will have to look off those linebackers, along with playing against the speed of LV front four and linebacker play will let them know.

2 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Well DMNews got it 42-20...

I Hope they don’t know what they are talking about. Turnovers possible.
This level of play will be new for them, and they have the players to play with HP. I’m looking to see how they are prepared for the game. 

7 hours ago, cujo2016 said:

It will definitely gauge the competition of the playoffs if it come to that. The strength of their front four and linebacker, will require discipline and Eli will have to look off those linebackers, along with playing against the speed of LV front four and linebacker play will let them know.

Yeah I call it a playoff preview, this will show if they are playoff ready. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Dubs!!, you better hope y’all not in our district next year cause y’all ain’t beating us no time soon. Not with that trash y’all got coming up

Like I tried to tell you earlier but you won't listen or you cant comprehend - I am not sure why you think my team is McNorth!  I haven't been to one of their games. Just love listening to Tyler fans talk smack about an average team.