Tyler High (5-2)(3-0) @ Highland Park (6-1)(3-0)

cujoforlife

District 7 5a D1   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

43 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's okay! I remember JT fans clamoring that injuries are simply an excuse. They'll be okay!

nah  we don't try to erase losses off the record because of injuries, but at the same time keep the victories under the same conditions.  When this game conclude, I will give HP their props and move on. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Had Eli stayed in game would been a closer game for sure 

6 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Had Eli stayed in game would been a closer game for sure 

The offense game plan could have been a lot better. Tyler defense turn them over 5 times.

Just now, cujo2016 said:

The offense game plan could have been a lot better. Tyler defense turn them over 5 times.

bingo...

I know they were trying to get ball out of McFall hands quick. But his strength is his legs. If he is the guy next week, I like to see them put a game plan together that suits him better. 

HP is a tough team.  Even with 5 turnovers you get beat pretty good.  That says alot. 

On 10/16/2021 at 1:43 PM, ANTI said:

Their defense isn't what it was last year but D1 players like Jack Curtis and George Wright (my pick for district defensive MVP) still make a good nucleus for that side of the ball. Not to mention good coaching, discipline and awareness.

you might be right on this one.  

13 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

bingo...

I know they were trying to get ball out of McFall hands quick. But his strength is his legs. If he is the guy next week, I like to see them put a game plan together that suits him better. 

HP is a tough team.  Even with 5 turnovers you get beat pretty good.  That says alot. 

Three and out will do that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

If you guys are allowing their RBs to do that…welp…..was hoping for a better game from TH

Same thing I'm thinking.

Tatum/Lewis/Harris will feast.

A big question that I kept asking going into the game was if Tyler had the defense to stay in it. HP rolled up nearly 300 yards of rushing offense.

39 minutes ago, VonG said:

JT needs to add an offense where it doesn't require a dynamic qb all the time. Don't go away from the spread but add something else. You want have that qb you need  every year to run the spread. 

been saying this for the longest.   Its like they are going to play one way no matter what.   On both offense and def.  I have followed some good programs. in the past that can change it up every week.  Some weeks they may be in a 3-4 def other weeks, 4-3.  Some weeks spread offensive, some weeks veer..   Sometimes a gameplan requires you shorten the game and burn clock.  They can't do it.

Go watch Carthage, they can play anyway they need too. They run a million offensive plays from different sets.  Tyler is going to play one way no matter what. This is why they struggled the past couple of yrs. Without a dynamic qb, they can't do nothing.   

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Same thing I'm thinking.

Tatum/Lewis/Harris will feast.

A big question that I kept asking going into the game was if Tyler had the defense to stay in it. HP rolled up nearly 300 yards of rushing offense.

def forced 5 turnovers.    But offense gave them nothing after Holt went down.  But they didn't try to shorten the game and burn clock.  McFall didn't look comfortable at all back there. Of course, it was HP and they can force you to be that way.  But they got to utilize his strength, which is his legs.

Next week is a tough one without Holt. 

1 minute ago, gtee2 said:

Man JT was right there just couldn't capitalize on opportunities. Once QB went down it was a rap. Also defensively JT is not there yet. But man a good QB makes all the difference now.

defensively they haven't been there for a while...LOL.  BUT they forced 5 turnovers. in the past, if  JT/Tyler team forced 5 turnovers, you could lock them in for a win. 

29 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

That 3-4 is a killer for us man. 

We run the 3-4, a hybrid 3-4 to be exact where you can still see 4 down linemen. Just have to have a DC that knows what he is doing. 

Berry is a beast of a DC for us. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

We run the 3-4, a hybrid 3-4 to be exact where you can still see 4 down linemen. Just have to have a DC that knows what he is doing. 

Berry is a beast of a DC for us. 

I don't like how he aligns the secondary. That's my only gripe with his defense. 

• Like 1