Week Ten: Longview at McKinney North

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-2) at McKinney North Bulldogs (3-5)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • McKinney North in a close one
    • McKinney North in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

longview.pngmckinneynorth.png

LONGVIEW LOBOS (6-2, 3-1) VS MCKINNEY NORTH BULLDOGS (4-5, 3-2)

DATE: Thursday, October 28th, 2021
TIME: 7:00 PM
LONGVIEW BROADCAST: 106.5 FM JACK FM
MCKINNEY NORTH BROADCAST: 97.5 FM KLAK
LONGVIEW LIVE STREAM: Longview Gameday
MCKINNEY NORTH LIVE STREAM: McKinneyISD.net

longview.pngLOBOS LEAD SERIES 1-0-0 longview.png

The two schools have never played a non-district contest.
The Lobos have a 1-0 lead when the game is a district contest.
The two schools have never played a  playoff contest.
The two schools have never played at a neutral location.
The Lobos have a 1-0 lead when the game is played at Longview.
The two schools have never played at McKinney North.
Longview won the last meeting against the Bulldogs.
The two schools have never played at McKinney ISD Stadium.
The two schools have never played on October 28th.

LAST FIVE GAMES IN SERIES:
11.27.2020 - Longview 55, McKinney North 10 - Lobo Stadium
FULL GAME LOG

GAME PREVIEW & SERIES REVIEW:
A week of reflection and improvement. That's what Longview focused on this past week with their only idle week of the 2021 season. The idle week comes off the back of a 56-14 victory over the Sherman Bearcats, retribution nearly 45 years in the making. After a 1976 playoff loss to the Bearcats, the Lobos finally got their long awaited meeting with Sherman after last year's meeting was canceled due to COVID-19 at Sherman High. While the Bearcats struck first in the contest, the Lobos made little work the rest of the way, dominating Sherman 56-7 the rest of the way. Longview's sophomore back in Taylor Tatum rushed for a career-high 175 yards, and added three rushing scores in the win. The victory sets up a win and your in situation for Longview Thursday in McKinney, as the Lobos take on the Bulldogs of McKinney North. Longview, sitting 3-1 in district play, has two games left in it's regular season and will need to win both to clinch a home playoff game for the 5th consecutive season. But first, a playoff berth must be clinched and that's what the Lobos head to McKinney ISD for the first time looking to do. A win would clinch Longview's 21st consecutive playoff appearance, a school record. The last time the Lobos failed to make the post season came back in 2000, under first year head coach Pat Collins. McKinney North also heads into the game fresh off a dominating victory over Sherman. The unexpected result puts the Bulldogs into the same position as Longview, with a win clinching a playoff berth and perhaps a home playoff game if week 11 results were to turn out in their favor. After such a poor start to the season, the Bulldogs being a game away from clinching the post season is definitely a sense of relief. This will be the 4th all-time meeting against McKinney ISD for Longview, having previously won all 3 meetings. The Lobos are 1-0 against each McKinney, McKinney Boyd and McKinney North. This will, however, be the first time the Lobos have ever traveled to the city of McKinney for a football game of any sort. Longview's game on Thursday will also mark the first time since 1955 that the Lobos will have played two Thursday games during a regular season. Heading into Thursday's game, the Lobos will be one touchdown away from history in the form of Jalen Hale. Hale tied Kamden Perry's receiving touchdowns in a career against Sherman, with his 23rd career score.

WEEK NINE RESULTS FOR 7-5A DIVISION I:
Tyler 14 Highland Park 42
McKinney North 50 Sherman 28
West Mesquite 8 Wylie East 34
Longview - OFF

WEEK TEN 7-5A DIVISION I SCHEDULE:
Highland Park at West Mesquite
Longview at McKinney North
Sherman at Tyler
Wylie East at Paris

DISTRICT 7-5A DIVISION I STANDINGS:
1st. Highland Park (7-1, 4-0)
2nd. Longview (6-2, 3-1)
3rd. Tyler (5-3, 3-1)
4th. McKinney North (4-5, 3-2)
5th. Sherman (3-5, 1-3)
6th. Wylie East (3-5, 1-4)
7th. West Mesquite (2-6, 0-4)

DISTRICT 8-5A DIVISION I OVERVIEW:
Last game - Cleveland fell to Lufkin 27-16, Conroe Caney Creek fell to College Station 70-0, Magnolia West defeated New Caney Porter 49-7, Waller fell to New Caney 38-17, Magnolia is off.
This week - College Station hosts Waller, Lufkin hosts Conroe Caney Creek, New Caney hosts Magnolia West, New Caney Porter hosts Magnolia, Cleveland is off.

LONGVIEW LOBOS
Record: 6-2 (3-1)
District: 7-5A Division I
Coach: John King (194-42 in 18 seasons) (Playoffs: 43-16)
First Year of Football: 1909
All-Time Record: 753-353-52 (Playoffs: 72-43-1)
Playoff Appearances: 46
Last Playoff Appearance: 2020, Class 5A Division I Regional Round
State Championships (2): 1937 (1A), 2018 (6A D2)
State Championship Appearances (5): 1937 (1A), 1997 (5A D1), 2008 (4A D1), 2009 (4A D1), 2018 (6A D2)
SCHEDULE:
08.28 - v. Denton Ryan (in Frisco) - Loss 40-7
09.03 - vs Marshall - Win 14-0
09.10 - at Tyler Legacy - Win 46-20
09.17 - vs Bryant, AR - Win 24-21
09.23 - at West Mesquite - Win 56-28
10.01 - vs Wylie East - Win 56-0
10.08 - at Highland Park - Loss 21-16
10.15 - vs Sherman - Win 56-14
10.28 - at McKinney North
11.05 - vs Tyler

MCKINNEY NORTH BULLDOGS
Record: 4-5 (3-2)
District: 7-5A Division I
Coach: Mike Fecci (77-64 in 13 seasons) (Playoffs: 6-8)
First Year of Football: 2002
All-Time Record: 110-104-0 (Playoffs: 7-10-0)
Playoff Appearances: 10
Last Playoff Appearance: 2020, 5A Division I Bi-District Round
State Championships (0): None
State Championship Appearances (0): None
SCHEDULE:
08.28 - vs West Moore, OK - Win 44-26
09.03 - vs Justin Northwest - Loss 28-16
09.10 - at Marshall - Loss 41-29
09.17 - vs Rockwall Heath - Loss 70-35
09.24 - at Tyler - Loss 35-18
09.30 - vs West Mesquite - Win 45-38
10.08 - at Wylie East - Win 28-21
10.15 - vs Highland Park - Loss 59-24
10.22 - at Sherman - Win 50-28
10.28 - vs Longview

ON THIS DATE IN LOBO HISTORY: October 28th
In 1916, Tyler knocked off Longview 14-0 at Fair Park in Longview.
In 1921, Gilmer came to Longview and defeated Longview High, 14-0, at Fair Park.
In 1922, Texas High drew a 40-0 halftime lead before adding a 20 points in the 3rd to lead Longview, 60-0, after 3. The Tigers did not let up, scoring 47 points in the final frame to knock off Longview 107-7 at City League Park in Texarkana. Longview managed just 14 yards on the day, giving up 639 total yards.
In 1927, Longview dominated Pittsburg in Pittsburg to the tune of 72-0.
In 1932, Longview and Mineola battled to a 6-6 tie at Fair Park in Longview.
In 1938, Don Fambrough scored three times as the Lobos rushed away from Kilgore for a 48-7 victory at R.E. St. John Memorial Stadium.  
In 1955, Tony Rothrock rushed in from 1 yard out in the 1st quarter while Dub Thomas tallied a 3 yard score in the 4th but three Kilgore touchdowns sandwiched in-between gave Kilgore an 18-14 win over Longview at Lobo Stadium.
In 1960, Longview fell behind 15-0 in the first half before Bill Ewing and Don Petty tallied two scores in the third quarter. Two 2-point conversions were missed, however, as Longview fell 15-12 to Marshall at Maverick Stadium.
In 1966, Keith Parker gave Longview a 3-0 lead with a 21-yard field goal in the 2nd quarter before Marshall tallied two touchdowns. Steve Judy was able to return a 77-yard kickoff for a score but Longview ultimately fell 13-9 at Maverick Stadium in Marshall.
In 1977, Dinky Edwards and Bobby Portley each tallied, with Jim Tutt’s field goal adding two more, as Longview rung up 245 yards rushing in a 17-7 win over Marshall at Lobo Stadium.
In 1983, John Tyler took a 14-7 halftime lead before Joe Johnson tallied twice and Eric Harris scored from one yard out as Longview defeated John Tyler, 28-22, at Lobo Stadium. The Lobos rung up 412 total yards on the day, while holding the Lions to 211.
In 1988, Ernest Hunter rushed for three scores and David Hill kicked a 20-yard field goal as Longview rushed for 374 yards while not completing a single pass in a 24-14 victory over John Tyler at Rose Stadium.
In 1994, Juan Ingram’s 57-yard interception return for a score proved to be Longview’s only points in a 19-7 loss to John Tyler at Lobo Stadium. The Lobos managed just 108 yards on the night.
In 2005, Michael George and David Robinson each tallied while Chris Ivory’s 46 yard reception proved to be the difference maker in a 21-14 Longview victory at North Mesquite. Al’Darius Thompson scored with 2:39 to play, and the Stallions then recovered the following onside kick to make it a game, before the Lobo defense stood up.
In 2011, 7 different Lobos would contribute to the scoreboard as Longview rolled past Tyler Lee, 45-19, at Rose Stadium. Bivins Caraway finished with 195 yards passing and three passing scores.
In 2016, Longview fell before 14-0 after the first quarter at Rockwall Heath’s Wilkerson-Sanders Memorial Stadium before  D’Crayvan Polk scored twice with Kendrevian White’s two scores mixed in, in a 35-21 victory over the Hawks. The two teams rung up 728 total yards on the night combined, with just 40 passing yards between them.

lobohowl2.GIF

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I kind of hate how this district is. Every game is basically a snooze-fest except Highland Park and every few years against JT. 

No different than the Mesquite ISD district minus our game with Rockwall tbh.

Though Heath is much better than when we played them.

Let me just say, the only reason I wanted to go to this game is to see their new digs. The game is going to be BORING. That is hard driving on a work night for a sleeping kind of game. With that said, Lobos should have their pick on the score. 

GO LOBOS!!! 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 10:45 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

I kind of hate how this district is. Every game is basically a snooze-fest except Highland Park and every few years against JT. 

I was close to leaving at halftime Friday vs Wylie there band put me to sleep too

• Like 1

Game week.

Longview HAS NOT officially clinched a playoff berth.

With North beating Sherman, the only teams (in terms of actually making the post season) that Longview needs to worry about are Sherman and Tyler.

Tyler ends the season with both Sherman and then Longview. With a 3-1 record, the worst Tyler can do is 3-3. The worst Longview can do is also 3-3. The BEST Sherman can do is 3-3, as they sit at 1-3.

Obviously a complete long shot, but a 3 way tie at 3-3 is still plausible. I would imagine it would then go to points between the two teams. Obviously, whatever the cap is, Longview is there with their dominating performance over Sherman. Sherman would have to match whatever the cap win that Longview had, and I would imagine Tyler would also have to hit that cap. And honestly, even then, Longview still might get in since there's two spots and not just one we're looking for.

McKinney North can't factor into this as they sit 3-2 currently, and a win over Longview would give them a 4-2 record to end the regular season.

Complete, complete long shot, but ya never know.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:15 PM, LoboFan07 said:

Our playoff path is going to be tough with this team...Magnolia or New Caney, Lancaster, and if we get that far...DR...honestly think a 10-3 season would be over achieving with the one position concern and team youth.  Will watch with interest to see how our defense does in this game against MN...

On 10/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, LOL said:

With the right lineup, I think we're 40 points better. 

agree...even with stupid mistakes and the turnover machine we tend to be, we should win easily.  What I will be interested to see is how our defense works against the MN offense...the multi set offense they run will be a good test for the young defense...I fully expect us to shut them down but will be good experience to see something different...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Our playoff path is going to be tough with this team...Magnolia or New Caney, Lancaster, and if we get that far...DR...honestly think a 10-3 season would be over achieving with the one position concern and team youth.  Will watch with interest to see how our defense does in this game against MN...

First round will be tougher than the second imo.

Lancaster is not a good team, at all. Sounds like our penalty issues are no where near as bad as theirs have been this year, and that’s saying something.

29 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

First round will be tougher than the second imo.

Lancaster is not a good team, at all. Sounds like our penalty issues are no where near as bad as theirs have been this year, and that’s saying something.

Lancaster has been one of the most overrated teams in state year in and year out. I never bought into the tiger hype because they have one of easiest schedules in the state every year. 

35 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Lancaster has been one of the most overrated teams in state year in and year out. I never bought into the tiger hype because they have one of easiest schedules in the state every year. 

Last year's team was by far the best team I've ever seen from them. They were talented all over the field.

I don't think they would've beaten us but the wind definitely hampered them a bit.

Either way, I think being that undisciplined is just a recipe for disaster. Longview has had it really bad twice this season, and it really cost us against Highland Park, but Lancaster seems to constantly have it every game.

Woodrow Wilson gave them a game for sure on Friday but DISD just doesn't have enough to overcome their athleticism.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic