Week Ten: Longview at McKinney North

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-2) at McKinney North Bulldogs (3-5)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • McKinney North in a close one
    • McKinney North in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Tyler has to win tomorrow night then Longview has to beat Tyler by 10 or more for Longview to get 2nd seed. 

Tyler is a +17

North is a -15

Longview a -2

So yep you’re right. A win by 10 would make it…Longview +8, Tyler +7, North -15.

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Tyler is a +17

North is a -15

Longview a -2

So yep you’re right. A win by 10 would make it…Longview +8, Tyler +7, North -15.

Thanks. Hate that we’re having this conversation for once but it is what it is. 

We’ll have to go through CS eventually. Whether it’s early or late is whatever. 

3 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Was this game similar to the game in Mesquite before it blew open?? 

Kinda sorta. Defense gave up yardage in chunks. But that was partly because of a lot of turnovers.

Honestly my biggest problem was throwing the ball in this wind. We were running all over them. They stuck with the run. We didn't. I also agree that Allen should be replaced, but I don't think it's ALL his fault. Everyone made mistakes. Receivers dropped balls, defenders grabbed facemask, defenders jumped offsides, guys clipped on big runs, guys held on a TD return.... And yeah, Allen threw a few picks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Kinda sorta. Defense gave up yardage in chunks. But that was partly because of a lot of turnovers.

Honestly my biggest problem was throwing the ball in this wind. We were running all over them. They stuck with the run. We didn't. I also agree that Allen should be replaced, but I don't think it's ALL his fault. 

I was telling a football buddy of mine yesterday I thought the games this weekend (minus Saturday) would fly by quickly cause of teams running the ball and not risking throwing into this wind. 

38 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean we’re basically in, but assured a meeting at College Station or Magnolia West now.

North actually should’ve scored on us because if we beat Tyler by more than 3 we’ll be at home for round 1 in two weeks.

Longview has clinched a playoff spot -- the worst it can do is 3-3, and if that happens, regardless of Tyler-Sherman outcome, that means Tyler gets a fourth win, which means Lobos have head-to-head tie-breaker against Sherman even if Sherman won out

Just now, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I was telling a football buddy of mine yesterday I thought the games this weekend (minus Saturday) would fly by quickly cause of teams running the ball and not risking throwing into this wind. 

Yeah, we tried to throw way too much into the wind and paid for it. But Allen has been turnover prone a lot this season. 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Honestly my biggest problem was throwing the ball in this wind. We were running all over them. They stuck with the run. We didn't. I also agree that Allen should be replaced, but I don't think it's ALL his fault. Everyone made mistakes. Receivers dropped balls, defenders grabbed facemask, defenders jumped offsides, guys clipped on big runs, guys held on a TD return.... And yeah, Allen threw a few picks. 

The QB position starts everything man.

Yes I agree, the defense did not play well. And yes they made a #### load of mistakes with the CONSTANT penalties that have plagued us the last two years.

But the QB is suppose to be our leader. He can’t throw a football. He side tosses it more than anything. Every single throw is under or over thrown. I counted exactly one good pass  tonight, one that Taylor dropped.

Even the touchdown passes, were underthrown. I just…it makes no sense why we leave a guy in there that can’t play that position. We have two capable guys behind him and it’s constantly just overlooked. I don’t get it, I just don’t. It’s poor coaching. 

And don’t get me started on the play calling by King. It has been HORRENDOUS the last three years. Absolutely horrendous. The team management is just poor. Player management poor. Yes, we’re 6-3. But all of those wins have come against average or below average teams, minus Bryant. And we absolutely fluked into that victory.

The talent we have on this team right now is being so mismanaged. And yes, the players are making poor mistakes, but that’s on the coaches too knowing it’s been happening all season and they’ve done nothing to fix things.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

The QB position starts everything man.

Yes I agree, the defense did not play well. And yes they made a #### load of mistakes with the CONSTANT penalties that have plagued us the last two years.

But the QB is suppose to be our leader. He can’t throw a football. He side tosses it more than anything. Every single throw is under or over thrown. I counted exactly one good pass  tonight, one that Taylor dropped.

Even the touchdown passes, were underthrown. I just…it makes no sense why we leave a guy in there that can’t play that position. We have two capable guys behind him and it’s constantly just overlooked. I don’t get it, I just don’t. It’s poor coaching. 

And don’t get me started on the play calling by King. It has been HORRENDOUS the last three years. Absolutely horrendous. The team management is just poor. Player management poor. Yes, we’re 6-3. But all of those wins have come against average or below average teams, minus Bryant. And we absolutely fluked into that victory.

The talent we have on this team right now is being so mismanaged. And yes, the players are making poor mistakes, but that’s on the coaches too knowing it’s been happening all season and they’ve done nothing to fix things.

I dunno. I don't disagree with a lot of this. The defense has to have its own leader. The 2018 defense wasn't great because King was a leader- they were great because Lister was. This defense is young... Will be scary good in a year or two. 

I don't think we fluked into beating Bryant. We won that by 3, and they scored on the last play of the game- it was really a 24-14 game. 

And yeah, the mistakes just drive me crazy. Like offsides and facemasks can be fixed easily. Can't believe it hasn't been. 

52 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Gotta beat tyler by 15 right? 

Did Tyler win this week?  Oh I forgot they have a bye. 

Most of us have been around sports long enough to understand how sports can go. One of the reasons why you should respect all teams. McNorth has been playing pretty good the last couple weeks with a sophomore quarterback. Made the playoffs the last 3 years but people call them garbage. Don’t understand!!  What happens if Tyler losses their last 2. 🤔

14 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Just a question. How can your backup have offers to play college ball but somehow is not good enough to play for a team that QB keeps under achieving?

Good question.

14 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man ur fellow lobo Johnny doesn’t see a problem with it lol. 

I clearly said that Allen needed to be replaced. Apparently they don't teach you how to read simple English sentences in Gilmer. 

If you're going to come into this thread puffing your chest, at LEAST make sure you don't make yourself look like a complete fool who can't read next time. 

34 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

Tough loss learn from it  , regroup. 
It is what is. 

Nothing to regroup with at this point unfortunately.

Team has not improved one bit from day 1. Penalties continue to plague them. Needless turnovers and wasted possessions continue throughout every game.

Wasted timeouts, delay of games on freaking kickoffs. It's just a comedy.

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Nothing to regroup with at this point unfortunately.

Team has not improved one bit from day 1. Penalties continue to plagued. Needless turnovers and wasted possessions continue throughout every game.

Wasted timeouts, delay of games on freaking kickoffs. It's just a comedy.

Not saying it is true, but it looks like they decided “we are not good enough to win state so what’s the use in giving it all”

• Mr. P locked this topic