Week Ten: Longview at McKinney North

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-2) at McKinney North Bulldogs (3-5)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • McKinney North in a close one
    • McKinney North in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

Yall need to stop it. King wins state and he's the best thing since sliced bread,he makes some questionable decisions and people want to make him walk the plank,maybe he see's something else in the production level or character of players that yall don't? Could be that he's playing for a year out because he could see that the receiver's couldn't catch the clap or his line wasn't good enough yet or miriad other things?  I'd say give him time to reboot this abortion and get ready for next season...but what do I know? I'm just an outsider lookin in 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yall need to stop it. King wins state and he's the best thing since sliced bread,he makes some questionable decisions and people want to make him walk the plank,maybe he see's something else in the production level or character of players that yall don't? Could be that he's playing for a year out because he could see that the receiver's couldn't catch the clap or his line wasn't good enough yet or miriad other things?  I'd say give him time to reboot this abortion and get ready for next season...but what do I know? I'm just an outsider lookin in 🤷‍♂️

They been spoiled for years and the state title has made it worse. So when they lose a game the world is coming to the end lol 

20 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

He's made questionable decisions his entire coaching career at Longview.

His time management has cost us State championship game appearances, his player management has cost us State championships IMO.

Last night, with the play calling and his delay of games again coming into play, were just highlighting his faults even more so.

He wasn't the greatest when we won, yes he's the best we've ever had and he's not a bad coach. But it took a D1 QB, that he tried to keep from playing QB mind you and took a 20+ loss to open district for him to even get named the starting the quarterback, for us to win anything. And even then, then we almost lost it.

Is what it is. I don't think next season will be much different with Allen returning at QB, despite there being a better QB coming up from JV (and hell even the freshmen QB is better at this point).

9 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey he will win one before king wins another championship lol 

70-14 bro....let’s leave it at that,. after y’all go through y’all side of the bracket and whip up on everybody just to get embarrassed ...only thing that tells me is y’all play in a very average league most years. yes that’s the same league Traylor was coaching in 10 years ago when he was at gilmer. 

16 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

70-14 bro....let’s leave it at that,. after y’all go through y’all side of the bracket and whip up on everybody just to get embarrassed ...only thing that tells me is y’all play in a very average league most years. yes that’s the same league Traylor was coaching in 10 years ago when he was at gilmer. 

But he won state lol

18 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

Don’t get upset with me because y’all have a grumpy old man as y’all coach lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Wow didn’t see this I’m trying figure out what is reason that the other qb doesn’t play? From what I’ve seen y’all talk about this other guy and he seems to be really good but the staff wants to keep this Allen kid in

Blackmail, too stubborn, lack of aware of the situation? I have no idea. It makes no sense.

15 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Wow didn’t see this I’m trying figure out what is reason that the other qb doesn’t play? From what I’ve seen y’all talk about this other guy and he seems to be really good but the staff wants to keep this Allen kid in

I dont mean this to sound funny, but I wholeheartedly believe that if Arch Manning transferred in, we'd still start Allen. Or at the very least, have him in some crazy rotation. Not even joking.

• Like 2

Long time reader on here, but never posted. 

While yall gripe and complain, hats off to the players and coaches at North.  As a parent, I have watched from the stands as they have gotten better and better over the last five weeks.  They lost a tough game at Tyler to open district (but it definitely wasn't the blowout some of you say since the kicker missed a FG with four or five minutes left that would have made it a one score game).  Our kids and coaches never complained or gave excuses.  Coach Fecci and his guys went back to work.  You can tell from watching the sidelines that this year's Bulldogs play for each other and want to win for each other.

So to the people saying that playing our kids is a Bye week, I hope you enjoyed your sight-seeing trip to McKinney ISD Stadium last night for a game you thought would be over by halftime.  You can give all the "reasons" you want, but McKinney North showed up to play last night from the word Go.  

• Like 4
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Just go and looking at the video

2 hours ago, OrangeBlueDawgs said:

While yall gripe and complain, hats off to the players and coaches at North.  As a parent, I have watched from the stands as they have gotten better and better over the last five weeks.  They lost a tough game at Tyler to open district (but it definitely wasn't the blowout some of you say since the kicker missed a FG with four or five minutes left that would have made it a one score game).  Our kids and coaches never complained or gave excuses.  Coach Fecci and his guys went back to work.  You can tell from watching the sidelines that this year's Bulldogs play for each other and want to win for each other.

So to the people saying that playing our kids is a Bye week, I hope you enjoyed your sight-seeing trip to McKinney ISD Stadium last night for a game you thought would be over by halftime.  You can give all the "reasons" you want, but McKinney North showed up to play last night from the word Go.  

Yep. They had a game plan and out executed Longview. Congrats to them. Big win. 

Also, the people calling it a Bye week are John Tyler fans. Longview fans mostly said that Longview had to come to play. So make sure your ire is directed at the right people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. They had a game plan and out executed Longview. Congrats to them. Big win. 

Also, the people calling it a Bye week are John Tyler fans. Longview fans mostly said that Longview had to come to play. So make sure your ire is directed at the right people. 

OrangeBlueDawg - Glad to have you on here.  I have never seen any Longview posters disrespect your team but SOME Tyler fans well that is another story.  The thing I love watching from afar is how Coach Fecci gets the most out of his kids!  They work and play hard.  Some posters have said that McNorth better hope they are not in the same district as Tyler next couple of years ... well I know the QB, RB on the varsity are sophomores.  Some of the WR are underclassmen and so on.  McNorth may not be able to out athlete you or win the "eye" test but they will fight till the end.

5 hours ago, OrangeBlueDawgs said:

I went back and read this whole thread.......

Not one Lobo fan made any disparaging remark about McKinney North, before or after the game. But, I can guarantee that I will remember your flippant remarks. And to make certain, none of us care what goes on or is said on another team's sideline. We have enough to worry about on ours. Direct your attitude to whom it belongs. SMH!

GO LOBOS, ALWAYS!!!

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 12:03 PM, LOBOFAN84 said:

Let me just say, the only reason I wanted to go to this game is to see their new digs. The game is going to be BORING. That is hard driving on a work night for a sleeping kind of game. With that said, Lobos should have their pick on the score. 

GO LOBOS!!! 

As for my flippant remarks......

3 minutes ago, OrangeBlueDawgs said:

As for my flippant remarks......

That was in no way flippant......it was fact and still remains true. And we should have had our pick of the score if we had played the way they were expected. I watched it on stream and it was boring and awful, and I am certainly glad I didn't make the drive. In any of that statement or this one did I say anything negative or disparaging about your team. SMH!

And I never said you made a disparaging remark.  However, other people on here (yes, I know mostly Tyler fans) said it would be a bye week for the Lobos.  And you saying the game would be snooze-fest and that the Lobos could name their score...I guess boring and awful depends on which side you were on.  Go Dawgs! 

Longview has always been a fun team to watch.  I don't know about the QB stuff other than what I have read here, but from the outside, I have always thought Coach King and his guys do a good job.  Even when things weren't going their way last night, the kids kept playing really really hard.

3 hours ago, OrangeBlueDawgs said:

And I never said you made a disparaging remark.  However, other people on here (yes, I know mostly Tyler fans) said it would be a bye week for the Lobos.  And you saying the game would be snooze-fest and that the Lobos could name their score...I guess boring and awful depends on which side you were on.  Go Dawgs! 

Longview has always been a fun team to watch.  I don't know about the QB stuff other than what I have read here, but from the outside, I have always thought Coach King and his guys do a good job.  Even when things weren't going their way last night, the kids kept playing really really hard.

Even if a Longview fan doesn’t say it. That was going to be a bye week that were thinking it.

• LOL! 1

17 hours ago, OrangeBlueDawgs said:

Good luck the rest of the way! While it hurts that we lost, it's always fun to see an underdog team play hard and win. 

• Mr. P locked this topic