Week Ten: Longview at McKinney North

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-2) at McKinney North Bulldogs (3-5)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • McKinney North in a close one
    • McKinney North in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

Longview big. Not sure this game means anything to McNorth. Think they are pretty much locked in as the 4th seed. Don’t know the tiebreakers. 

If Sherman beats Tyler, its possible Tyler, Sherman and McNorth all finish 3-3 in district. Then it comes down to tie breakers.  I think if Tyler high loses, but its close (like within 10 points), I think Sherman would be out. 

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

If Sherman beats Tyler, its possible Tyler, Sherman and McNorth all finish 3-3 in district. Then it comes down to tie breakers.  I think if Tyler high loses, but its close (like within 10 points), I think Sherman would be out. 

Not sure how the tiebreaker works but most districts have a max point total of 14 or 17. Tyler and McNorth both maxed out. 

10 hours ago, bingosmith said:

Does that mean  both Tyler and McNorth are both in unless Sherman beats Tyler by 17 or more?

That's what it sounds like.

Losing was one thing but they should not have loss to McKinney North in such blowout fashion.

35 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That's what it sounds like.

Losing was one thing but they should not have loss to McKinney North in such blowout fashion.

Yep.

Longview has a +17 over Sherman

Tyler has a +17 over North

North has a +17 over Sherman

Longview has North and Tyler left, Sherman has Tyler left, Tyler has Sherman and Longview left, North has just Longview left.

Sherman needs to win both their final games, obviously, and has to win this week by at least 17 to have a shot regardless. 

Sherman’s best bet is to have North beat Longview on Thursday so they’re 4-2, have Tyler lose out including a win by Sherman big on the Lions. So that Longview and North finish at 4-2, Tyler finishes at 3-3 and they also finish at 3-3, so then they have the tiebreaker in a one on one situation. 

39 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yep.

Longview has a +17 over Sherman

Tyler has a +17 over North

North has a +17 over Sherman

Longview has North and Tyler left, Sherman has Tyler left, Tyler has Sherman and Longview left, North has just Longview left.

Sherman needs to win both their final games, obviously, and has to win this week by at least 17 to have a shot regardless. 

Sherman’s best bet is to have North beat Longview on Thursday so they’re 4-2, have Tyler lose out including a win by Sherman big on the Lions. So that Longview and North finish at 4-2, Tyler finishes at 3-3 and they also finish at 3-3, so then they have the tiebreaker in a one on one situation. 

LoboFan - now you are making me laugh. Longview easily beats McNorth and gets 2nd in district. JT gets 3rd and McNorth 4th. 

53 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

LoboFan - now you are making me laugh. Longview easily beats McNorth and gets 2nd in district. JT gets 3rd and McNorth 4th. 

lol I know what’s likely, but still just 16/17/18 year olds we’re talking about. Never know what might happen.

On 10/25/2021 at 3:34 PM, LoboFan07 said:

lol I know what’s likely, but still just 16/17/18 year olds we’re talking about. Never know what might happen.

Yes Sir - many bad things would have to happen for McNorth to have a chance.  I see Longview taking care of business easily.

• Mr. P locked this topic