20. Sabine - W 42-14 over White Oak 
21. Cameron Yoe - W 57-22 over Troy 
22. Pottsboro - W 42-14 over Mineola 
23. Pilot Point - W 34-28 over Whitesboro 
24. Whitesboro - L 34-28 to Pilot Point 
T25. Poteet - W 36-14 over Cotulla 
T25. Llano - W 13-10 over Lago Vista 

Others: Woodville, Jourdanton, London, Lago Vista, Breckenridge, Coldspring

Don't know if  Yoe belongs in top 25 ranking Man that secondary is suspect. They will be lucky if Lorena does not put 55 points on them and that is being kind.

Right after Rhoades was hired some of the  contributors stated it would take a second year before you would see a improvement in Yoe, I have to say I agree now.

1 hour ago, bulldogs99 said:

Don't know if  Yoe belongs in top 25 ranking Man that secondary is suspect. They will be lucky if Lorena does not put 55 points on them and that is being kind.

Right after Rhoades was hired some of the  contributors stated it would take a second year before you would see a improvement in Yoe, I have to say I agree now.

I think Lorena will win 49-21. They are my favorite to win region 3 and make it to state on that side of the bracket. It will take some time for rhoades to get cameron back to being Cameron again.

Lorena is regional favorite for me at this point.  With that said, Cameron is probably in about the right spot if they lost this game similarly to the way Wall lost to Jim Ned (37-19).  I didn't move Wall after that loss because I'm not sure anyone below them could do any better.  Lose the game by 14-21 and you're about right, keep it closer and you probably need to move up a bit, and lose it by more and you need to drop. 

If there was a team that was 0-5 but they lost by a combined 15 points to the top 5 teams in the rankings - to me - that team deserves to be ranked highly despite their record.  This is how I go about ranking teams.  It certainly has a human element but also applies some computer power poll principles as well.  

7 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Lorena spreads the ball around. Not like you can shut down one or two guys and put 'em on their heels. I think you're right - They're gonna put a hurt on Yoe this Friday night.

12 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Lorena is regional favorite for me at this point.  With that said, Cameron is probably in about the right spot if they lost this game similarly to the way Wall lost to Jim Ned (37-19).  I didn't move Wall after that loss because I'm not sure anyone below them could do any better.  Lose the game by 14-21 and you're about right, keep it closer and you probably need to move up a bit, and lose it by more and you need to drop. 

If there was a team that was 0-5 but they lost by a combined 15 points to the top 5 teams in the rankings - to me - that team deserves to be ranked highly despite their record.  This is how I go about ranking teams.  It certainly has a human element but also applies some computer power poll principles as well.  

Playing a Biles team over in Lorena, you’re already behind the 8 ball.  
If for some good fortune the Yoemen can keep it close in the 1st half.  That would mean getting some good breaks in the secondary.  The second half could get interesting.   The Yoemen could be seeing a game like the Diboll matchup a few years ago.   Nobody gave the Yoemen much of a chance in that game.   That’s why the game is played on the field not on a forum. 

42 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

If for some good fortune the Yoemen can keep it close in the 1st half.  That would mean getting some good breaks in the secondary.  The second half could get interesting.   The Yoemen could be seeing a game like the Diboll matchup a few years ago.   Nobody gave the Yoemen much of a chance in that game.   That’s why the game is played on the field not on a forum. 

Lorena 56

Cameron 21

Lorena is winning state this year.

Lorena vs Jim Ned in the title game 

5 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Difference is Lorena is balanced and Diboll could only run the ball. Also game is @ Lorena and not a neutral spot. I think Yoe will be much better next year

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 1:31 PM, Yoe09 said:

1. Jim Ned - W 37-19 over Wall

2. Brock - W 70-20 over Ponder

3. Lorena - W 63-0 over McGregor 

4. Hallettsville - W 48-6 over Boling 

5. Mt. Vernon - W 56-0 over Bonham 

6. Grandview - W 56-0 over Dallas A+

Your top six is similar to the top six from Texas Hometown Football. HV and MV are reversed.

1.      Jim Ned beat Wall 37-20

2.      Brock beat Ponder 70-20

3.      Lorena beat McGregor 63-0

4.      Mount Vernon beat Bonham 56-0

5.      Hallettsville beat Boling 48-6

6.      Grandview beat Dallas A 56-0

The team strength gap between the top six and the next several teams seems to be significant.

5 minutes ago, VZCR said:

There is no question that I believe these teams are the top 6 in the state based on resumes.  I'm really not confident in picking regional winners at this point.  

I believe region I will come down to Jim Ned or Brock, but I believe that gap has closed since the preseason rankings were I felt pretty strongly on Jim Ned.  Some polls have Brock at 1. 

In region II, Mt. Vernon has clearly been the most impressive team.  Grandview is there, but I don't believe they are quite the team they had in recent runs.  Several others could be in the mix here.  The region was very tight last year. 

In region III, it appears to be Lorena or one of the three top teams from D12.  

In region IV, my money would be on Industrial or Edna.  

On 10/18/2021 at 5:41 PM, lionpride08 said:

Difference is Lorena is balanced and Diboll could only run the ball. Also game is @ Lorena and not a neutral spot. I think Yoe will be much better next year

Exactly. Look up their stats. They spread the ball around. This ain't a team you shut down one or two guys and you got 'em. And if that one or two guys were receivers, Yoe ain't shuttin' 'em down this season anyway.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 8:30 AM, Yoe09 said:

There is no question that I believe these teams are the top 6 in the state based on resumes.  I'm really not confident in picking regional winners at this point.  

I believe region I will come down to Jim Ned or Brock, but I believe that gap has closed since the preseason rankings were I felt pretty strongly on Jim Ned.  Some polls have Brock at 1. 

In region II, Mt. Vernon has clearly been the most impressive team.  Grandview is there, but I don't believe they are quite the team they had in recent runs.  Several others could be in the mix here.  The region was very tight last year. 

In region III, it appears to be Lorena or one of the three top teams from D12.  

In region IV, my money would be on Industrial or Edna.  

Jim Ned in Region 1

Grandview Region 2 they are saying and i saw them against malakoff the QB now is better than the one that just left

Lorena reg 3

Llano reg 4

State finals

Lorena vs Jim Ned

Lorena State champs 42-28

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

If anyone's in the Waco area with some free time, apparently there's a bit of a game goin' on in Lorena. 14-13 Leopards over the Yoemen at the half...

There was a game for about 5 minutes. Lorena O- line and D- line took over the game in the second half. 

Rhoades has his work cut out with this young team. They get a little sloppy up against good teams.

As for Lorena, they’re not flashy but they play hard and have several weapons on offense. 20, and 14 are studs. QB doesn’t scramble well but he is smart and accurate. Gonna be tough to beat in R3.

• Like 1