***Week 9: Normangee Panthers (3-0 | 5-3) @ Alto Yellowjackets (2-1 | 4-2) - 10/22/2021***

StingEmALTO

Normangee @ Alto  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Normangee
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2021 at 12:00 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the Normangee Panthers this Friday at Jacket Stadium in a key District 11-2A showdown; kickoff is 7:00 p.m. The Mean Sting blanked the Leon Cougars 46-0 Friday while the Panthers downed Grapeland 56-36. Normangee was projected by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football to win the district. The Panthers lost 15 seniors and return 10 lettermen, 5 on offense and 6 on defense. Normangee started strong in pre-district with wins over Bremond (49-13) and Iola (51-14) but then had a rough stretch with 3 losses in a row to Chilton (37-0), Lovelady (35-6), and Groesbeck (54-6). Since then though, they have won big in district over Groveton (42-21), Leon (55-0), and Grapeland (56-36).

As best I can tell Alto and Normangee have only played twice: a 2018 bi-district playoff game where Alto won 47-16 and then in District last season, a 35-22 Normangee win. Who breaks the series tie of 1-1 and gets the important district win?

ALTO ( 4-2 / 2-1 )
W1 - TROUP 48 - ALTO 18  
W2 - @ TIMPSON CANCELLED
W3 - PRICE CARLISLE CANCELLED 
W4 - ALTO 42 - WINONA 7 
W5 - ALTO 47 - SAN AUGUSTINE 20  
W6 - ALTO 49 @ GRAPELAND 14 
W7 - CENTERVILLE 38 @ ALTO 16
W8 - ALTO 46 @ JEWETT LEON  0
W9 - NORMANGEE  
W10 - GROVETON  

W11- BYE   

NORMANGEE ( 5-3 / 3-0 )
W1 - NORMANGEE 49 - BREMOND 13  
W2 - NORMANGEE 51 @ IOLA 14
W3 - CHILTON 37 - NORMANGEE 0
W4 - @ LOVELADY 35 - NORMANGEE 6 
W5 - GROESBECK 54 - NORMANGEE 6 
W6 - NORMANGEE 42 @ GROVETON 21
W7 - NORMANGEE 55 @ JEWETT LEON 0
W8 - NORMANGEE 56 - GRAPELAND 36 
W9 - @ ALTO  
W10 - CENTERVILLE  

W11- BYE   

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 3:32 PM, StingEmALTO said:

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the Normangee Panthers this Friday at Jacket Stadium in a key District 11-2A showdown; kickoff is 7:00 p.m. The Mean Sting blanked the Leon Cougars 46-0 Friday while the Panthers downed Grapeland 56-36. Normangee was projected by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football to win the district. The Panthers lost 15 seniors and return 10 lettermen, 5 on offense and 6 on defense. Normangee started strong in pre-district with wins over Bremond (49-13) and Iola (51-14) but then had a rough stretch with 3 losses in a row to Chilton (37-0), Lovelady (35-6), and Groesbeck (54-6). Since then though, they have won big in district over Groveton (42-21), Leon (55-0), and Grapeland (56-36).

As best I can tell Alto and Normangee  have only played twice: a 2018 bi-district playoff game where Alto won 47-16 and then in District last season, a 35-32 Normangee win. Who breaks the series tie of 1-1 and gets the important district win?

ALTO ( 4-2 / 2-1 )
W1 - TROUP 48 - ALTO 18  
W2 - @ TIMPSON CANCELLED
W3 - PRICE CARLISLE CANCELLED 
W4 - ALTO 42 - WINONA 7 
W5 - ALTO 47 - SAN AUGUSTINE 20  
W6 - ALTO 49 @ GRAPELAND 14 
W7 - CENTERVILLE 38 @ ALTO 16
W8 - ALTO 46 @ JEWETT LEON  0
W9 - NORMANGEE  
W10 - GROVETON  

W11- BYE   

NORMANGEE ( 5-3 / 3-0 )
W1 - NORMANGEE 49 - BREMOND 13  
W2 - NORMANGEE 51 @ IOLA 14
W3 - CHILTON 37 - NORMANGEE 0
W4 - @ LOVELADY 35 - NORMANGEE 6 
W5 - GROESBECK 54 - NORMANGEE 6 
W6 - NORMANGEE 42 @ GROVETON 21
W7 - NORMANGEE 55 @ JEWETT LEON 0
W8 - NORMANGEE 56 - GRAPELAND 36 
W9 - @ ALTO  
W10 - CENTERVILLE  

W11- BYE   

They actually beat us 35-22 brother 

15 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

Huge matchup in the region. 

No hype. 

What the heck is going on this season?  

I wouldn’t say there’s no hype (but as Sting stated) not many ppl talking. I know us as the fans, parents etc are excited about the match up. As far as the kids, when I asked my boy his thoughts it was simple “We’re going to win and be the most physical team they’ve played.” That’s all that was said. They’re grounded yet focused. Believe me, they remember last year. They want to return the favor as many times as possible this year. 

4 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

I wouldn’t say there’s no hype (but as Sting stated) not many ppl talking. I know us as the fans, parents etc are excited about the match up. As far as the kids, when I asked my boy his thoughts it was simple “We’re going to win and be the most physical team they’ve played.” That’s all that was said. They’re grounded yet focused. Believe me, they remember last year. They want to return the favor as many times as possible this year. 

I think with Normangee losing 3 games in a row and falling out of the top 10 and us not cracking a ranking period and falling to Centerville, it’s kind of off the radar. But like you said, it’s on the radar that counts: with our team!! That was a physical and close game we played them last year. I remember their players telling ours that we were the toughest team they had played to that point. Hoping to be even tougher and grab that dub this time!

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 1:02 PM, Allheartnoquit said:

Normangee by 20

Centerville vs Normangee next week for District title will be a heck of a game 

Their QB is dynamic and we’ll have to figure a way to stop him. I see where he will be playing in the all-star game next summer.

20 points better? 😩 Let’s hope not! Lol I DO want them to go ahead and beat Centerville next week should we beat them Friday! Make things interesting. Lol

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Their QB is dynamic and we’ll have to figure a way to stop him. I see where he will be playing in the all-star game next summer.

20 points better? 😩 Let’s hope not! Lol I DO want them to go ahead and beat Centerville next week should we beat them Friday! Make things interesting. Lol

I just can’t see CV dropping two games. Say we were able to handle our business this week and Normangee beats them somehow the following week, we’d need Grapeland to win in the last week and we’d have to make sure we didn’t let Groveton slip up on us. Trying really hard to remain respectful here, but after watching the tape of Grapeland and Normangee last week, I can’t see it. I don’t think Grapeland has enough to deal with CV for 4 quarters. Enough about that though. Eventually, everyone who gets in will simply have to beat who is in front of them. There will only be 1 winner when it’s done. It’s nice to say “we went this far” blah blah blah. But the end result is the same. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

I just can’t see CV dropping two games. Say we were able to handle our business this week and Normangee beats them somehow the following week, we’d need Grapeland to win in the last week and we’d have to make sure we didn’t let Groveton slip up on us. Trying really hard to remain respectful here, but after watching the tape of Grapeland and Normangee last week, I can’t see it. I don’t think Grapeland has enough to deal with CV for 4 quarters. Enough about that though. Eventually, everyone who gets in will simply have to beat who is in front of them. There will only be 1 winner when it’s done. It’s nice to say “we went this far” blah blah blah. But the end result is the same. 

I have no expectation of Grapeland beating Centerville. I just meant should we win out, it would be nice for Normangee to defeat Centerville causing a 3-way tie for first and then the point system would determine the seeding. 

BUT, I think Centerville wins out so everything I said really means nothing. Lol

15 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I have no expectation of Grapeland beating Centerville. I just meant should we win out, it would be nice for Normangee to defeat Centerville causing a 3-way tie for first and then the point system would determine the seeding. 

BUT, I think Centerville wins out so everything I said really means nothing. Lol

Yeah I can see where that’d be interesting. Not sure how the whole point system thing works though. But say Alto and CV both have a loss when it’s said and done, wouldn’t CV win the tie break due to the head to head win? 

13 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Yeah I can see where that’d be interesting. Not sure how the whole point system thing works though. But say Alto and CV both have a loss when it’s said and done, wouldn’t CV win the tie break due to the head to head win? 

I believe it comes down to points and who beat who the most etc. 

• Like 1

Jacksonville paper:

Normangee Panthers (5-3, 3-0) at Alto Yellowjackets (4-2, 2-1)

7:00 p.m. Friday at Jacket Stadium in Alto

Coaches: Keith Sitton, Normangee; Lance Gamble, Alto

Last Week: Normangee 56, Grapeland 36; Alto 45, Jewitt-Leon 0

Next Week: Centerville at Normangee; Groveton at Alto

Game Analysis — This looks like one of those games that would absolutely be worth the price of admission...Two explosive offenses will be featured in this game...The Mean Sting is currently a game behind Centerville and Normangee in the district standings...This game has serious playoff implications for both teams...The Panthers beat Jewitt-Leon, 55-0, while the Jackets blanked Jewitt-Leon, 46-0...The team that makes the fewest mistakes should win on Friday.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/area-football-previews-eagles-to-host-top-ranked-carthage/article_48ac1d00-328c-11ec-8a9f-8fed5a9d349b.html