LE vs Gilmer

Liger01

LE vs Gilmer  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• LE
    • GIlmer

This poll is closed to new votes

Only thing is this is Yamboree week. A lot of the players are in the Queens coronation Wednesday/Thursday...Got the carnival going till midnight. Can't forget about the Queens ball Thursday where all the kids cut loose till like 1am. Parade Friday morning. Lots of distractions this week which will work in LE favor. Just hope we come out focused tomorrow and ready. We tend to have a few sluggish games during these times. I'm ready to watch a good game between the 2. If Gilmer plays clean it will be a good night, but if we do start sluggish it might keep the game a little closer than we would like. Either way GO BUX!!

11 hours ago, JBizzle said:

People are really thinking LE is going to keep this game close? I understand people saying “they always have athletes.” Gilmer is a year removed from a finals appearance. LE ain’t beat anybody that’s worth a dang. 
Common opponents aren’t always a great indicator, but look at both teams vs Spring Hill. Gilmer dominated and LE squeaked out a win.

Gilmer will have no trouble in this game if they come to play.

100% agree. Only way it's close is if gilmer overlooks them

• Thumbs Down 1

so no credit to Le if they give Gilmer a better game than they have had all year ? That’s just gilmer over looking this game for the North Lamar game next week? Idk about that one...if you’ve watched le play you know are much better team than they have been.....Coach is in his 2nd year and made a big difference. 0-10 was only 2 years ago and they sit 5-2 rn..I don’t think you can really pick le to win with what Gilmer brings back from that team last year but we’ll see. I know tra Carson who played at Le and with Green Bay for a little bit was coaching this year with some other new coaches maybe they get them back to the deep playoff runs in 15-16

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, JBizzle said:

People are really thinking LE is going to keep this game close? I understand people saying “they always have athletes.” Gilmer is a year removed from a finals appearance. LE ain’t beat anybody that’s worth a dang. 
Common opponents aren’t always a great indicator, but look at both teams vs Spring Hill. Gilmer dominated and LE squeaked out a win.

Gilmer is a good team, no doubt. But didn't they just kinda squeak by a winless Pittsburg last week?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Just like you said IF Gilmer comes to play they will have no trouble, it goes both ways. If LE comes to play they will give Gilmer trouble. Last week was not a good game for LE and they didn't come out to play. I'm not saying they will win,  however different teams match up differently. Good luck to both teams and hope both stay injury free! 

2 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

so no credit to Le if they give Gilmer a better game than they have had all year ? That’s just gilmer over looking this game for the North Lamar game next week? Idk about that one...if you’ve watched le play you know are much better team than they have been.....Coach is in his 2nd year and made a big difference. 0-10 was only 2 years ago and they sit 5-2 rn..I don’t think you can really pick le to win with what Gilmer brings back from that team last year but we’ll see. I know tra Carson who played at Le and with Green Bay for a little bit was coaching this year with some other new coaches maybe they get them back to the deep playoff runs in 15-16

Better game than Gilmer has had all year - yeah, if L-E beats them by 21, L-E gets a lot of credit. 

24 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Better game than Gilmer has had all year - yeah, if L-E beats them by 21, L-E gets a lot of credit. 

that wasn’t a good game little belichick very one sided . My response was to jerryhawk not giving any credit to le if they play a good game or pull out a win. wouldn’t consider it being called gilmer over looking LE . especially after the way they showed up in the game your referring to . le better than folks think. bad game last week but could help them come out ready this week, same said for Gilmer v Pitt . both teams will be ready to play . hopin for a good game! 

3 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Gilmer is a good team, no doubt. But didn't they just kinda squeak by a winless Pittsburg last week?

Hahahaa squeak by, at no point during that game was the game in jeopardy. Pitt scored a late td, y’all celina fans kill me we could blow teams out but we choose to play kids that normally wouldn’t play to try and build depth.

4 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hahahaa squeak by, at no point during that game was the game in jeopardy. Pitt scored a late td, y’all celina fans kill me we could blow teams out but we choose to play kids that normally wouldn’t play to try and build depth.

I just asked a question, man lol. I didn't see the game, and I didn't bring Celina into the conversation at all. Hell, I even started my post with "Gilmer is a good team, no doubt." What else you need, guru? lol

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

That winless Pittsburg team is good. In fact, I'd pick Pitt to be a favorite over L-E today. Might change if L-E plays Gilmer tough like Pitt did.

LE is not a team that you sleep on. They have plenty of speed and a good defense. I've watched couple games online and another one in person. They have struggled on O this year but have gotten better. I think this will be a good game to watch. What's gonna hurt LE the most I think is depth. Next question is they gonna load the box to defend the run or double up on the receivers. Lots of big play makers on this year's Gilmer team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TEXAShorn21 said:

Just like you said IF Gilmer comes to play they will have no trouble, it goes both ways. If LE comes to play they will give Gilmer trouble. Last week was not a good game for LE and they didn't come out to play. I'm not saying they will win,  however different teams match up differently. Good luck to both teams and hope both stay injury free! 

LE ain’t that team. They are not on the level of Gilmer.

51-7 final.  Gilmer kicked it into another gear and LE came unraveled. 

really impressed with Jackson tonight. Gilmer has 2 quality RBs. 

Tennison tweaked his ankle. Hope it’s not serious. I’m afraid they might have lost an offensive lineman for the season though. Hopefully not but on crutches after the game 

Gilmer took care of business tonight. Especially in the 2nd half. I do wish the refs would have done a better job. The game got really chippy in the 3rd quarter and the refs didn’t get on top of it soon enough. 

• Like 1