Shelbyville Dragons (5-2) at Joaquin Rams (4-2)

trueblue82

Dragons or Rams?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Shelbyville or Joaquin?

• Shelbyville Dragons
    • Joaquin Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2021 at 12:00 AM

Two old rivals will put their four game win streaks on the line Friday night at Ram Stadium when the Shelbyville Dragons bring their 5-2 record to town to play the Joaquin Rams, who are 4-2. The Dragons are in their first season under Head Coach Jarred Wallace. He is the fifth man to coach the Dragons since Joaquin Head Coach Wade Lawson took over the Rams. In that span, the Rams hold a 5-2 advantage in the series. In this century, the Rams lead the series 15-8. The last time the teams met at Ram Stadium, the Dragons pulled off quite the upset, snapping a 17-game home win streak by the Rams with a 22-21 victory. The two teams share one common opponent, a hapless Groveton squad that the Rams blasted 62-0 a week before the Dragons pounded 44-13. The Dragons are led by senior quarterback Jacory Standley and try to achieve a balance on offense. The Rams define balanced offense as running left, right and middle an equal amount of times. Junior running backs Andre Brown and Malik Stotts lead the way along with sophomore Gauge Jordan. Both teams are 1-0 in district play, with the Rams beating San Augustine 46-21 last week and the Dragons defeating Garrison 32-26 last night. Who gets to 2-0 in district play? 

45 minutes ago, grinder said:

did joaquins qb mess up a knee in practice?

Yes.... helmets only practice. Freakish kinda thing. Fielded a kick. Had surgery last Wednesday. Out 4 months. Basically tore meniscus in half and they had to suture it back together. QB/FS.... will also miss basketball.... stinks

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Ramfanforever said:

Good to see a Shelbyville poster on here. Joaquin will 

I wouldn't be shocked to see Joaquin win, but I can say that Shelbyville is better than they are getting credit for. 

In my opinion they can hang with the better 2a teams if they will just tackle. 

7 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Yes.... helmets only practice. Freakish kinda thing. Fielded a kick. Had surgery last Wednesday. Out 4 months. Basically tore meniscus in half and they had to suture it back together. QB/FS.... will also miss basketball.... stinks

hate that for him. hope the rehab goes well

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Sorry to hear that. I sincerly wish him a speedy recovery. 

My little group of 7th, 8th and 9th graders managed to make it through youth ball with no major injuries. . This year they have lost 3 for the season, and a few have missed significant time. 

As their old coach it's a hard thing to watch them go through. . It's part of it though. 

46 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Sville needs to do a better job against power run than they did against Waskom.....  Trust me when I say this Joe offense line is legit.....

Joaquin is no Waskom my friend. Are they good at what they do, yes, but you can't put them in a conversation together.

8 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Joaquin win, but I can say that Shelbyville is better than they are getting credit for. 

In my opinion they can hang with the better 2a teams if they will just tackle. 

Shelbyville always has athelets.  And all teams have to tackle to do that you have to wrap them up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indaeast said:

They may be good but they aren’t as good as Waskom.

Never said they were..... Sville is similar to SA in the fact they don’t run fit on defense. Joaquin and Waskom run similar attacks as far as scheme. If Sville runs around blocks and are undisciplined on gaps then they will  have similar outcome as they did with Waskom......