Shelbyville Dragons (5-2) at Joaquin Rams (4-2)

trueblue82

Dragons or Rams?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Shelbyville or Joaquin?

• Shelbyville Dragons
    • Joaquin Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2021 at 12:00 AM

Shelbyville on the 1 first drive get stopped, dropped td b4 half. Missed opportunities in big games hurt ya, 4 fumbles on the ground and not recovered hurts as well. That win is  a product of a team that has been in the same system for years. Shelbyville is talented and continues to get better every week.

Ol Trueblue’s thoughts: I was glad to see us finally abandon the onsides kick attempts. We’ve done pretty fair on kick coverage since the Beckville game. Three miscues by Shelbyville in the kicking game wound up being huge as well. Dragon offense is really good at stressing the defense by spreading you out. Lots to athletes on the field. I can’t believe no one is talking about freshman QB Justin Brown. I can’t remember the last time we had a QB throw two TD passes in the same game. That really loosened the Dragons up on defense. They were committed to stopping the run. At times they had all 11 in the box. Andre Brown’s injury was huge. He’s such a dependable hard runner. Dallon Jordan had a breakout game filling in for him, which allowed Andre to continue playing defense. All in all, everything you expect from a rivalry game. Good luck to the Dragons going forward. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TwinNumber1 said:

Very impressed by Sville's defense last night. Best they've played in a while. Still act like a young team at times, but that's because the school cycles coaches more than underwear... hopefully Wallace actually gets to stay and build a program. 

I don’t understand something. Over the past 20 football seasons (including this one), Joaquin has had two men occupy the office of AD/ HFC. Over the same span, Shelbyville has had at least 9 that I can count. There’s no doubt that the constant turnover has had a negative impact on the program. What is the reason for the revolving door in the AD’s office?