Carthage @ Rusk

HearEmaGrowlin

35 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Rusk has done nothing, minus rushing yards and maybe 30 yards passing. 
FIVE turnovers with two of them inside the 8 yard line and two interceptions that were thrown straight to the defense with no receivers near the ball. 

That’s a joke. Rusk is better than you think and Carthage QB is being exposed. Carthage is the best team and they now see what they are going to need to do going forward. It’s called pressure. 

3 minutes ago, touchdownlsu said:

That’s a joke. Rusk is better than you think and Carthage QB is being exposed. Carthage is the best team and they now see what they are going to need to do going forward. It’s called pressure. 

I’m not at the game, but I would agree that Rusk is probably better than I thought.

Carthage still wins state because of the most dominant defense I’ve personally gotten to witness in my time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, touchdownlsu said:

Rusk lost to Jasper. Everything they’ve gotten tonight has been given to them by poor performance. This isn’t the first time the Carthage offense has looked bad this year, so don’t act like Rusk is doing anything special. They aren’t better than we think.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Kgas streaming it on fb and easttexastoday.com

Posts are truthful.  Dawgs have 5 turnovers 14-7 Rusk halftime

8 minutes ago, touchdownlsu said:

Rusk has maybe 40 yards passing and minus yards rushing. 
Tell me how that exposed the Dawgs. 
Every single turnover was unforced. 

16 minutes ago, touchdownlsu said:

Rusk is due much credit tonight. They gave the Dawgs all they wanted in the first half. 

1 minute ago, house said:

Carthage has a quarterback issue.  Not sure he can carry them to a title.  Accuracy is still a problem.  Running backs still need to learn how to go north and south.  Hatten and the defense are bailing them out.   

What was Hatten’s stat line tonight? He’s having a huge year so far

4 minutes ago, house said:

Carthage has a quarterback issue.  Not sure he can carry them to a title.  Accuracy is still a problem.  Running backs still need to learn how to go north and south.  Hatten and the defense are bailing them out.   

As long as the offence don't turn the ball over on their side of the field in the playoffs, nobody beating the Dawg defense.

Run the ball and beat everybody by 10 points works for me. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

How can a team leave a 5’8” guy one-on-one with Hatten, unless the DB is a 4 or 5 star recruit ?  I take my chances stopping the run game without the safety. 

That DB was a Freshman as well. I thought the coverage was fine, but BIG TIME PLAYERS MAKE BIG TIME PLAYS! 

19 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

How can a team leave a 5’8” guy one-on-one with Hatten, unless the DB is a 4 or 5 star recruit ?  I take my chances stopping the run game without the safety. 

I never understood that decision. Hatten is a match up nightmare for a big corner 1 on 1 and put a 5’8 freshman on an island with him. Never had a chance. 

Just now, ronstopable said:

I never understood that decision. Hatten is a match up nightmare for a big corner 1 on 1 and put a 5’8 freshman on an island with him. Never had a chance. 

For a freshman, he had good position most of the time - meant nothing bad against the young man.  
But if not giving him safety help, at least bring a LB out near Hatten to start the play and let the DB give a 10-12 yard cushion. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Turn the ball over 3+ times against China Springs anywhere on the field and they will be tough to beat.  China Springs is for real. 

China Springs runs the ball, nobody can or will run the ball on the Dawgs.

Now if we turn it over inside the 10 yard line on our side of the field then maybe a running team can score especially if the defense just came off the field.

The only teams that can beat the Dawgs with 3+ turnovers is Celina and Gilmer but it will still have be turnovers on our side of the field.

We are witnessing the best defense since Daingerfield in 4A. 

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Rusk lost to Jasper. Everything they’ve gotten tonight has been given to them by poor performance. This isn’t the first time the Carthage offense has looked bad this year, so don’t act like Rusk is doing anything special. They aren’t better than we think.

Carthage is by far the better team but you are delusional if you think Rusk’s defense had nothing to do with Carthage’s offensive performance in the first half. We did well enough against the run to force passing situations gave enough different looks to cause the QB issues. Whether you want to admit it or not we’ve got a pretty good team and I guarantee we won’t be an  easy out in the playoffs. 

• Like 1