Carthage @ Rusk

HearEmaGrowlin

48 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

"There is not a HS staff anywhere with better"

To me that reads not Surratt and crew with 8 rings, not Aledo, not Duncanville, not North Shore, not Westlake, not Mater Dei, not IMG academy, not Bishop Gorman, not any of the other top programs in the entire nation.  lol

Yeah, that was quite the statement. Maybe go with “one of the best” instead…

I can definitely see that second comment being a little wacky. I could read “any better offensive staff” to mean as good but not claiming THE BEST. The initial part clearly states Carthage has the better staff. It could be insulting to all of the other teams y’all play, “will not face another coaching staff better” but not the Carthage staff. 
There is no reason to try and prove a point on Friday because of one ill advised comment. Keep in mind that Cherokee county allows liquor to be purchased by its citizens.

As the most vocal, possibly only, Rusk representative I would like to extend my sincere apologies for that post. I will take great pride in seeing “Rusk” included on the list of victims in Carthage’s ninth title tour. I would prefer it not be the one that jumps out on the list like 72-0 or something. Let’s aim for a 42- 0. That’s a win/ win situation. The Bulldogs get another shutout and their second largest margin of victory this year and the Eagles can show progress from the 51-7 score from last season. That seems really fair to me. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

I can definitely see that second comment being a little wacky. I could read “any better offensive staff” to mean as good but not claiming THE BEST. The initial part clearly states Carthage has the better staff. It could be insulting to all of the other teams y’all play, “will not face another coaching staff better” but not the Carthage staff. 
There is no reason to try and prove a point on Friday because of one ill advised comment. Keep in mind that Cherokee county allows liquor to be purchased by its citizens.

As the most vocal, possibly only, Rusk representative I would like to extend my sincere apologies for that post. I will take great pride in seeing “Rusk” included on the list of victims in Carthage’s ninth title tour. I would prefer it not be the one that jumps out on the list like 72-0 or something. Let’s aim for a 42- 0. That’s a win/ win situation. The Bulldogs get another shutout and their second largest margin of victory this year and the Eagles can show progress from the 51-7 score from last season. That seems really fair to me. 

I think it is funny, so I type this with a smile………The guy said Surratt was the best………He gave no credit to Surratt’s staff.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

You are right. And the only people that even notice stuff like that are those of us who are inclined to be smart TobinFrostes from time to time and make quips about such things. lol.  

You can't always look at common opponents to tell what will happen and I don't know the story of the Rusk vs. Jasper game.  Maybe Rusk makes a game out of it.  

17 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Preston doesn’t get the props he deserves, that’s for sure!

Not just Preston………Year after year, the WR run good routes, the defensive line gets after it play after play, etc…….Surratt and Preston tell their assistant coaches what they want done, and they usually get it done.  

• Like 1

Just now, BevBrownJr said:

Was there any news from Coach Surratt’s Chalk Talk on Monday that can be shared here?

Several players will be out for various reasons, but Carthage will adjust accordingly...one is out on Concussion protocols, one is out with a foot injury, another due to illness in his family.

This thread has been understandably slow and I believe it’s due to the outcome not being in question. After careful consideration I have decided to play the antagonist.

In my opinion irrelevance is a fate worse than death. So I will try to at least make this thread relevant for entertainment purposes.