Nacogdoches vs Hallsville

nacdragon07

This a huge game for both teams. Hallsville comes in fresh off their upset win against MP. While Nac is coming off their expected Win against Jacksonville. We have yet to put together a full complete game yet,We left a lot of points on the field against jax. Hallsville will look to knock off the dragons as this game wasn’t played last year due to Covid. The Huge question is Will Nac turn back to senior QB Gus smith or stick with the two QB system of Soph Mikail Lockett and junior Isaac Jones ? If I was the head coach the two QBs we just played with gives us the best chance to win not Gus smith. I think Nac will get the W in a close one.

My concern is that Nac. has not scored more than 28 points in a game this season. Lots of red zone mistakes and missed opportunities. Nac turned the ball over on downs twice inside the red zone vs Jax and fumbled out of the back of the end zone on another drive. 

Nac has left points on the field in every game but 1. Many failed red zone attempts or penalties kill drives. Turnovers on the opponents side of the 50 is becoming all to familiar.

Nacs defense has played well this season with the exception of the Tyler game and even in that one the offense leaves them on the field way too long. 

I still do not see a player that is the go to person when they need a play to be made on a regular basis. Maybe our Soph QB can become that guy, time will tell. 

gotta give credit to Hallsville, past 3-4 weeks for them have been the best they’ve seen in a long time. although I picked mp to win hallsville pulled it out and playing with some momentum rn....nac winning on the rd in Jax would have been tough to do in the past Jacksonville fans even seemed to think it was lost cause this past week. Nac being at home I see coming out playing for a little bit idk about 4 quarters  playoff hopes just about done . regardless of playoffs hallsville playing to prove a point started rough but couldn’t have gone better up to now

.lemme take

hallsville 35-31

• Like 1

I think Hallsville’s offense can have success against anyone in the district. 

Their defense is their downfall.  They are giving up 38.4 PPG. 

Scoring 30 PPG is great unless you’re giving up 40. 

I won’t be surprised to see either win, TBH.  

Hallsville’s porous defense Vs Nac’s inconsistent offense.

Hallsville’s offense Vs Nac’s better defense. 

Its an interesting matchup for sure.  

11 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I think Hallsville’s offense can have success against anyone in the district. 

Their defense is their downfall.  They are giving up 38.4 PPG. 

Scoring 30 PPG is great unless you’re giving up 40. 

I won’t be surprised to see either win, TBH.  

Hallsville’s porous defense Vs Nac’s inconsistent offense.

Hallsville’s offense Vs Nac’s better defense. 

Its an interesting matchup for sure.  

don’t disagree could see either team coming away with a win, winning last week was big imo tho for hallsville..mp has some players  and I thought a lot better than record showed lost a few pre district games late when they prob should have won.  

no rush but sooner than later we gotta start looking at these 1st rd matchups 

Hallsville has averaged giving up 26 points a game in it's last 3 games and that includes Texas High's 37, and only 20.5 in it's last 2 games. Does Nacoghdoches have a quarterback with over 1500 yards passing and a running back with 870 yards rushing? I'm taking Hallsville 35-21.

8 hours ago, Rayz1 said:

Hallsville has averaged giving up 26 points a game in it's last 3 games and that includes Texas High's 37, and only 20.5 in it's last 2 games. Does Nacoghdoches have a quarterback with over 1500 yards passing and a running back with 870 yards rushing? I'm taking Hallsville 35-21.

We don’t throw that much to average 1500 yards we also have more then one running back. Like I said I don’t see them beating us this time around. If they do I’ll come back and have my crow sandwich. I hope you do as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

don’t disagree could see either team coming away with a win, winning last week was big imo tho for hallsville..mp has some players  and I thought a lot better than record showed lost a few pre district games late when they prob should have won.  

no rush but sooner than later we gotta start looking at these 1st rd matchups 

Hallsville's offense is pretty balanced, against Texas High our QB passed 313 yards and also became the only team to score a offensive point in the 2nd half against them this season. They are also the only team to score 20+ points against them. The following week the offense rushed for over 400 yards against Whitehouse. Mt Pleasant held us to the least amount of yards all season. It should be a good game either way.

Hallsville is peaking at the right time. I would have liked to have seen what the Hallsville staff did after the big loss to Jacksonville.  Whatever it was transformed the bobcats into a different team. They are playing with confidence and I really don't know who to pick here. 3 weeks ago I would have said "Nac wins in a blowout."

If Hallsville wins, the Marshall game next week will be a huuge renewed rivalry game. Beating Nac and Marshall will catapult Hallsville into the 2nd seed and a home playoff game. Then Marshall would need PT to beat Hville in week 11.  

With Hallsville Beating Mt P, Nac has a great opportunity to win and get back in the playoff mix.

• Like 2