Pittsburg vs North Larmar

BeenHereB4

On 10/20/2021 at 9:03 AM, TIMRIGGINS said:

Any NL fans here? I know they have been bad pretty regular lately but what's going on there? Do they just not have the kids or is the scheme not favorable for them? What's the problem? 

Probably the program. Do they start in earlier grades or just junior high? Do they have a youth football program? Lots of factors to determine if a school will be contenders or not. Without a good program and offseason program it would be hard for any team to win. I know Pittsburg finally has a pre-athletics program for 6th graders but before that it was only in JH. The earlier you can get the students conditioned that your school has a winning program, the better. When the students get to HS, that is where you can start building character and turn players into young men to understand they have to be successful on and off the field. 

5 hours ago, SportsFan1984 said:

Probably the program. Do they start in earlier grades or just junior high? Do they have a youth football program? Lots of factors to determine if a school will be contenders or not. Without a good program and offseason program it would be hard for any team to win. I know Pittsburg finally has a pre-athletics program for 6th graders but before that it was only in JH. The earlier you can get the students conditioned that your school has a winning program, the better. When the students get to HS, that is where you can start building character and turn players into young men to understand they have to be successful on and off the field. 

It's the program, recently just started a JH baseball program in the fall season and I'm sure that has taken some athletes away.  Quite a few kids that could help the program have left the school in the last few years too and went to some of the surrounding programs.  They just don't have the same caliber of players as the other teams in the district and that is why they can't get things going.  If more emphasis was put on ALL the kids playing when they are younger (Pee-Wee) then the majority of them would be playing later on in school.  This is just what I've seen over the years.  I have heard though that this head coach is what they need, he came late and even though he had seen their game tapes, he still wanted to come.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PatsFan said:

It's the program, recently just started a JH baseball program in the fall season and I'm sure that has taken some athletes away.  Quite a few kids that could help the program have left the school in the last few years too and went to some of the surrounding programs.  They just don't have the same caliber of players as the other teams in the district and that is why they can't get things going.  If more emphasis was put on ALL the kids playing when they are younger (Pee-Wee) then the majority of them would be playing later on in school.  This is just what I've seen over the years.  I have heard though that this head coach is what they need, he came late and even though he had seen their game tapes, he still wanted to come.

The new HC is a great young man. Met him awhile back and I was very impressed with the way that he carries himself. NL has a great person running the program. Hopefully they will give him the support he needs.

north lamar mommas and daddys are not about football and want to play daddyball in baseball versus having kids play football. tough place to win but best of luck to the head coach ive heard great things. north lamar  isd BOARD needs to let him work and get years YEARS to rebuild. 

19 minutes ago, tomlandry said:

north lamar mommas and daddys are not about football and want to play daddyball in baseball versus having kids play football. tough place to win but best of luck to the head coach ive heard great things. north lamar  isd BOARD needs to let him work and get years YEARS to rebuild. 

becoming more and more common in places that can't win. always a coach's fault/other players. Lord knows when we had them in pee wee we were winning!

• Like 1