THE OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

AtlantaFan04

4 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

The teams to watch out of the “blue bloods” in 3A D2 are Franklin and Gunter. Think everyone else should be well below the cutoff numbers. (Canadian, Waskom, EF, DF, Holliday, Newton, EB)

I think there is also some potential for Wall to come down to D2.

Has there been a lot of transfers to Gunter?  Based on the numbers entering 2020, I would say Gunter is pretty safe for staying down unless there was a lot of movement.  

Franklin is another story.  I would say they have a good chance of moving up.  

13 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

The teams to watch out of the “blue bloods” in 3A D2 are Franklin and Gunter. Think everyone else should be well below the cutoff numbers. (Canadian, Waskom, EF, DF, Holliday, Newton, EB)

I think there is also some potential for Wall to come down to D2.

EF won't come close to D1 numbers.

11 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Has there been a lot of transfers to Gunter?  Based on the numbers entering 2020, I would say Gunter is pretty safe for staying down unless there was a lot of movement.  

Move Ins just from growth of the area. I’ve been told by a few people they might be up this realignment, but for sure the next one. @blueflu or @pax can probably elaborate more.

Would be very shocked if Longview went up, but crazier things have happened and I still don't fully understand how they come up with the numbers they have.

Will be interesting with a lot of moving parts in 5A D1 this time.

1 hour ago, CMurder1 said:

Corsicana will remain 5A Division 2. As far as our current district, from a reliable source,  North Forney and Royse City might go 6A.  North Forney has a number of 2300.

Like I said on the 5A board, that'll be pretty big for Longview/Tyler/7-5A D1, if that does happen.

West Mesquite and Wylie East are for sure moving up. Sherman could easily move up this go around. McKinney North isn't far from the line either. That's 4 of the 7 teams right there.

I think we all know HP isn't going anywhere. Tyler and Longview are long shots to move up IMO. So if North and Royse City both go straight 6A, definitely will make for an interesting district.

Thinking Longview/Tyler/Highland Park/Lancaster/Red Oak/Mansfield Summit (maybe Legacy if they stay up but sounds like they'll be on the line to drop)/Maybe even Midlothian?

15 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Gunter is expecting its number to be 350. As long as the cutoff goes up they will stay down for another cycle. They will be going Division I the next time unless the cutoff makes a huge jump by 2024

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Gunter is expecting its number to be 350. As long as the cutoff goes up they will stay down for another cycle. They will be going Division I the next time unless the cutoff makes a huge jump by 2024

I really hope that when y’all go up, Koetting and Fieszel schedule some neutral field games!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

last i heard it was 360

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Like I said on the 5A board, that'll be pretty big for Longview/Tyler/7-5A D1, if that does happen.

West Mesquite and Wylie East are for sure moving up. Sherman could easily move up this go around. McKinney North isn't far from the line either. That's 4 of the 7 teams right there.

I think we all know HP isn't going anywhere. Tyler and Longview are long shots to move up IMO. So if North and Royse City both go straight 6A, definitely will make for an interesting district.

Thinking Longview/Tyler/Highland Park/Lancaster/Red Oak/Mansfield Summit (maybe Legacy if they stay up but sounds like they'll be on the line to drop)/Maybe even Midlothian?

Lancaster might go 6A as well. It's going to be very close. I hope they don't  though. If they stay, I'd for them to be in a district with Longview, Tyler, HP. IMO, the UIL didn't do Lancaster any favors by merging them with Dallas schools. 

6 hours ago, blueflu said:

gunter board meeting tonight.....heard 355

So they've had a net add of five kids since school started.

If the number goes up like it has every time, they will stay under by about 10 or so. It will be a sweat in the sense that it is close enough it is possible the number didn't change or only went up a handful.

The belief it will go to 365ish because:

2020 it was 350

2018 it was 335

2016 it was 319

The move from 2014 to 2016 was only four kids (315-319)

10 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Sherman's landing spot is going to come down to the cutoff number. I think they could end up on either side of the line, depending on where it gets drawn.

• Like 1

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to THE OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD