THE OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

AtlantaFan04

35 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

It’s crazy Princeton turned in almost 1900 kids that area is growing like crazy 

That caught my eye, but places like Aledo, Lake Travis and especially Cleveland really caught my eye.

Lake Travis has gone from 1800 kids, to over 3600 in 10 years.

Cleveland goes from 5AD1 to damn near 6AD1 in just 2 years.

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Well now we know where the cutoff will be.

I'm really shocked by Legacy numbers (although  I shouldn't be).  I was not thinking they would be over 2500 students. Again shows how much South Tyler is growing and that TISD didn't zone correctly. 

20 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

didn't Longview report 2187 last time

Correct, our certified count was 2,186.5 in 2019-20. 

As a district, Longview ISD is currently reporting 8,253 students overall — an increase from the 8,125 students reported this time last year. Like a lot of districts, a true sense of our numbers are hampered by the ongoing pandemic. However, I have it on good authority that a better overall count is much closer to 8,500 than these numbers would seem indicate. But it is what it is.

LISD is indeed growing, obviously nowhere near as fast or as large as the metro areas, but we're very encouraged by the data we're seeing. 

19 minutes ago, LOL said:

Correct, our certified count was 2,186.5 in 2019-20. 

As a district, Longview ISD is currently reporting 8,253 students overall — an increase from the 8,125 students reported this time last year. Like a lot of districts, a true sense of our numbers are hampered by the ongoing pandemic. However, I have it on good authority that a better overall count is much closer to 8,500 than these numbers would seem indicate. But it is what it is.

LISD is indeed growing, obviously nowhere near as fast or as large as the metro areas, but we're very encouraged by the data we're seeing. 

cool. Im curious to see the overall numbers for TISD.   Really shocked to see Legacy grow by that much.  A little shocked at Tyler High growth too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

cool. Im curious to see the overall numbers for TISD.   Really shocked to see Legacy grow by that much.  A little shocked at Tyler High growth too. 

I don't know how you could be seeing all the new developments going up. I knew when they built the new high schools so to speak that the numbers would increase. You have to think about this. Those numbers don't include the early college and rise students. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Looks like Garrison may have dodged a bullet .... If the 228 posted on DCTF is correct, we should be under the 2A-DI cut off by by 1 unless the last realignment 229 cut off goes down  .... 

Still haven’t seen numbers on Corrigan-Camden, San Augustine, or Timpson, among others. I don’t think SA is moving, but the other two could be on the bubble. 

17 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Hopefully Jax at 1278 will move down to 4a where they can be a little more competitive. They have been down a long time. That could help them start to have at least some success. 

The cut off will move up. So they may stay down.

So right now, I think we have a solid idea of who will be together in 5A D1.

Forney - 2008
Longview - 2192
North Mesquite - 2165
Royse City - 2233.5
Tyler - 2179
West Mesquite - 2209

Could add North Forney (2292) depending on where the cut off is. The question will be who joins the 6 teams.

We don't have anything on McKinney North's number yet. Sherman turned in 2185 so they'll be 5A D1. Highland Park turned in 2245.5, likely 5A D1.

Nothing on Red Oak or Lancaster numbers yet.

Does HP go with the DISD schools + Lancaster? Maybe just the DISD themselves?

Does Lancaster and Red Oak come over with the East group? Do Sherman and McKinney North go to Frisco?

Lots of possibilities.

Hoping for Forney/Longview/North/Royse City/Tyler/West + Lancaster/Red Oak personally.