THE OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

AtlantaFan04

why is there an assumption that the 6a cutoff will increase up to near 2300 or even increase much at all.  There are some school districts that built new schools.  For example, the entire 6a- District 12 is basically gone since Killeen and Belton built new schools.  Its possible the number could stay close to the same, which has happen before in the past. 

13 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

why is there an assumption that the 6a cutoff will increase up to near 2300 or even increase much at all.  There are some school districts that built new schools.  For example, the entire 6a- District 12 is basically gone since Killeen and Belton built new schools.  Its possible the number could stay close to the same, which has happen before in the past. 

There's so many new schools, so many Metro areas growing. It's going to rise a bit.

I don't know if it'll go to 2300. @ANTI believe it'll get that high. I'm thinking 2265/2270 personally. But it's definitely going to rise.

Killeen all is dropping because they opened a new school.

The metro areas are just booming. Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston. We're all going to be swallowed by them.

8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

There's so many new schools, so many Metro areas growing. It's going to rise a bit.

I don't know if it'll go to 2300. @ANTI believe it'll get that high. I'm thinking 2265/2270 personally. But it's definitely going to rise.

The metro areas are just booming. Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston. We're all going to be swallowed by them.

yea, thats my point, with the new schools opening, thats going to lower the population at many 6a schools for a couple of cycles.  Killeen and Belton are great examples of that.  I wouldn't be shocked at all if 6a cutoff stay close to what they are now. I kinda think this time HP may go up....Well maybe...lol. .

I think 5a is where the increase happens. 

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

It'll definitely go up at least 50-75 for sure.

6A lost that central TX district but schools like Cleveland, Wylie East, Paetow, Waller, Caney Creek etc have already made up for whatever 6A lost. Not only that, but their enrollments are well North of 2300.

And that's of the schools that have reported so far...we still have a long way to go.

21 minutes ago, ANTI said:

It'll definitely go up at least 50-75 for sure.

6A lost that central TX district but schools like Cleveland, Wylie East, Paetow, Waller, Caney Creek etc have already made up for whatever 6A lost. Not only that, but their enrollments are well North of 2300.

And that's of the schools that have reported so far...we still have a long way to go.

yea, but there are alot of 7-8 school districts in 6a in the metro areas.  UIL has no problem with 8,9, or even 10 school districts.  So there is room for those schools to slide in existing districts.  5a is where the crowding is happening  because all the new schools that are opening are either 5a div.1 or div.2.  

the cutoff will prob go up, but I wouldn't be shocked if its not by much.  2240-2260

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Still haven’t seen numbers on Corrigan-Camden, San Augustine, or Timpson, among others. I don’t think SA is moving, but the other two could be on the bubble. 

Corrigan-Camden turned in 226.  Looks like a drop down to 2A Division 1.

2 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Cooper turned in 233. Dawgs should stay 2A but you never know with the UIL lol.

Really curious what that 3A cutoff will be and the affect on NE Texas because you have Whiteright that looks like they should drop to 2A with 239, Gunter is close to go 3A-D1, then East New Boston should drop to 3A-D2 & if that cutoff # goes too high then you have Dekalb at 254 and Pewitt at 253 (I don't see it going higher than 245 which would be a +15 from 2020's #) 

Celina turned in 997, which is crazy to me. Bobcats back up to 4A Div. I. But I’ll be curious what district they’ll be in, as usual bunk mates Argyle and Melissa are heading to 5A Div. II. Anna and Paris are still options, or they could move the Bobcats west with Decatur, et al. Either way, Bobcats will be fine. Lots of talent at the lower levels, and good athletes coming back next season as well.

1 hour ago, PatsFan said:

Really curious what that 3A cutoff will be and the affect on NE Texas because you have Whiteright that looks like they should drop to 2A with 239, Gunter is close to go 3A-D1, then East New Boston should drop to 3A-D2 & if that cutoff # goes too high then you have Dekalb at 254 and Pewitt at 253 (I don't see it going higher than 245 which would be a +15 from 2020's #) 

I’m curious as well. I’m wondering if they’ll up the cutoff at 240 or more like 235... Cooper should be ok at 233 though. I think Collinsville may be going down to 2A D2, so it’ll be interesting to see if the cutoff goes to 240 & WW go into that district 5 replacing Collinsville.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Question :  How did Boys Ranch go from 2A Div. 1  to 104 enrollment which is 6-man numbers ? They skipped a whole division.  

Boys Ranch serves at risk youth, they have no tax base, funded entirely through donations so enrollment can swing wildly....also I am sure Covid impacted them probably moreso than other places...they may have had some funding issues and couldn't take in as many kids

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

The Austin area has not seen any new schools open in two years. Most schools are growing some but the biggest growth is in the Leander school district. Both Rouse and Glen High schools have seen large growth (they are in the north end of the district). Schools like Cedar Park High and Vandergrift have grown little and may have even lost a little. The other biggest growth in the Austin Metro area is in the private school sector. A big boom in enrollment in these schools!!

2 hours ago, hoopscoach17 said:

The Austin area has not seen any new schools open in two years. Most schools are growing some but the biggest growth is in the Leander school district. Both Rouse and Glen High schools have seen large growth (they are in the north end of the district). Schools like Cedar Park High and Vandergrift have grown little and may have even lost a little. The other biggest growth in the Austin Metro area is in the private school sector. A big boom in enrollment in these schools!!

Buda Johnson is a new school in an area I'd consider Austin....