THE OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

AtlantaFan04

12 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

I’m curious as well. I’m wondering if they’ll up the cutoff at 240 or more like 235... Cooper should be ok at 233 though. I think Collinsville may be going down to 2A D2, so it’ll be interesting to see if the cutoff goes to 240 & WW go into that district 5 replacing Collinsville.

Collinsville is definitely going to D-II, they'd have to lower the cutoff by 10 to stay in D-!. Whitewright would slide right into that district should the cutoff go up to 240

The number between 2A-3A has only gone up by 4 and 5 the last two cycles, so 235 would be the historical cutoff point. The question based on other schools could/would move Trenton to an eastern district if WW was down, and then someone would still need to fill a void in 5-2A (I)

Top of 4A going to go up again 70-90 IMO.... There is no way that the bottom number will go up only 10 again, like last realignment. Top went up 80 and bottom went up 10. If that happens, it is almost a 3-1 ratio from smallest to largest. I am betting 70 on the top and 25  on the bottom. But we will see. 

41 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I really think they are goin to jump the numbers up

Me too, but the trend across the state is still movement from rural to urban areas. It is possible that the larger classifications grow, while smaller classifications stay the same or get smaller. 

then again, it’s the UIL, so anything is possible!

27 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Me too, but the trend across the state is still movement from rural to urban areas. It is possible that the larger classifications grow, while smaller classifications stay the same or get smaller. 

then again, it’s the UIL, so anything is possible!

Agree with the UIL you never know.... Franklin is growing I know the freshman class is the largest we have ever had and I'm hearing that the 8th grade class is even bigger

22 hours ago, StillALion said:

It is “interesting” that the town of Lindale has basically doubled in population the last 10 years and there is no new high school there I know of but they are claiming they have exactly 1200 students which is 3 students LESS than they turned in 2 years ago (1203).

What are you implying? 

12 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Collinsville is definitely going to D-II, they'd have to lower the cutoff by 10 to stay in D-!. Whitewright would slide right into that district should the cutoff go up to 240

The number between 2A-3A has only gone up by 4 and 5 the last two cycles, so 235 would be the historical cutoff point. The question based on other schools could/would move Trenton to an eastern district if WW was down, and then someone would still need to fill a void in 5-2A (I)

@JasonDellaRosa I thought I had seen some talk about Lindsay dropping down to D2 as well. If so, that would leave two voids to fill in that 5-2A D1. I could see Trenton staying put if that’s the case & Celeste & Whitewright (if the cutoff goes up enough) sliding over into that district. That would put 6-2A D1 of Cooper, HG, WC, Como, RC & Alba adding someone from the east like a Linden-Kildare possibly. What have you heard on Lindsay?

Everyone needs to remember that the UIL usually wants around 230 schools in 6A (give or take a few). With so many new schools opening in the urban areas, with most of them falling in the 6A range, there is a big chance that there is little change in the cutoff numbers in ALL classifications. 5A/6A will probably go up about 20 from last time, that is if the UIL doesn't decide to keep about 250 schools in 6A (which just might happen). If that is the case then nothing changes much at all!! Keeping more schools in 6A makes alot of sense as there were several odd number team districts this past cycle.

On 10/31/2021 at 12:55 PM, StillALion said:

It is “interesting” that the town of Lindale has basically doubled in population the last 10 years and there is no new high school there I know of but they are claiming they have exactly 1200 students which is 3 students LESS than they turned in 2 years ago (1203).

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the growth hasn't hit the high school yet. I do know for a fact Lindale city limits and isd are growing at a very nice rate.

8 minutes ago, coachsivobu said:

When is Hutto new school opening? I heard it was this upcoming year, but then someone told me it would be 2024. 

I really don't see it happening for at least 3 or 4 years. The high school turned in 2550 and they still only have two middle schools. The new Tesla plant and headquarters that will be coming in is proposed to being built between Taylor and Hutto and that will definitely bring in alot of folks but that's at least two years from being completed and probably more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Texski said:

Melissa turned in 1317 so likely going 5A along with Argyle (1342) but if the 4A/5A jumps by close to 90 like many think it will...it's gonna be really really close

thats right around what Pine Tree turned in so 5A

4 hours ago, Texski said:

Melissa turned in 1317 so likely going 5A along with Argyle (1342) but if the 4A/5A jumps by close to 90 like many think it will...it's gonna be really really close

thats right around what Pine Tree turned in so 5A

On 10/31/2021 at 11:44 AM, d0tc0m said:

Celina turned in 997, which is crazy to me. Bobcats back up to 4A Div. I. But I’ll be curious what district they’ll be in, as usual bunk mates Argyle and Melissa are heading to 5A Div. II. Anna and Paris are still options, or they could move the Bobcats west with Decatur, et al. Either way, Bobcats will be fine. Lots of talent at the lower levels, and good athletes coming back next season as well.

Sulphur Springs should be Dropping down to 4A-D1. Turned in 1240. Jacksonville possibly dropping too at 1278. I can see SS and Celina taking Argyle's and Melissa's spots in the current 4A-D1 D7.

Wichita Falls(1270) could be Dropping to 4A also but that's a longer drive for Celina.

1 hour ago, Bulldognation1 said:

@JasonDellaRosa I thought I had seen some talk about Lindsay dropping down to D2 as well. If so, that would leave two voids to fill in that 5-2A D1. I could see Trenton staying put if that’s the case & Celeste & Whitewright (if the cutoff goes up enough) sliding over into that district. That would put 6-2A D1 of Cooper, HG, WC, Como, RC & Alba adding someone from the east like a Linden-Kildare possibly. What have you heard on Lindsay?

Lindsay turned in 153 so they are definitely dropping to 2A-D2. Linden-Kildare(164) and Boles(168) right around the D1/D2 Split. Split was 165.4 last time. In 2019 Boles was at 165 and just under so they might move back to D1 this Realignment.

2 hours ago, hoopscoach17 said:

Everyone needs to remember that the UIL usually wants around 230 schools in 6A (give or take a few). With so many new schools opening in the urban areas, with most of them falling in the 6A range, there is a big chance that there is little change in the cutoff numbers in ALL classifications. 5A/6A will probably go up about 20 from last time, that is if the UIL doesn't decide to keep about 250 schools in 6A (which just might happen). If that is the case then nothing changes much at all!! Keeping more schools in 6A makes alot of sense as there were several odd number team districts this past cycle.

Historically 6a and 5a cutoffs have been closer to  245 students give or take a few.

2 hours ago, VonG said:

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the growth hasn't hit the high school yet. I do know for a fact Lindale city limits and isd are growing at a very nice rate.

since 2000 the school grew about 500 students. Maybe its levled off some.  Really most of the schools don't lie about enrollment because the more students the more money they get from state and feds.  One of the few districts that the money doesn't mean as much too is Highland Park...LOL.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

L-K turned in 164……..That should be Division 2. 

On 11/1/2021 at 4:05 PM, JTFAN99 said:

since 2000 the school grew about 500 students. Maybe its levled off some.  Really most of the schools don't lie about enrollment because the more students the more money they get from state and feds.  One of the few districts that the money doesn't mean as much too is Highland Park...LOL.  

I'm not suggesting that they are lying. I just figured with the way that part of the county is growing. I thought they would have a slight increase in student enrollment. 

Northeast GHA is growing like crazy.

C.E. King had like 2300 kids not long ago, now they have over 3200.

That's another reason why I think the 6A cutoff goes up 50-100. The growth of existing 6A schools too.

I see both the 5AD1 and 6A lines moving up quite a bit.

15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Northeast GHA is growing like crazy.

C.E. King had like 2300 kids not long ago, now they have over 3200.

That's another reason why I think the 6A cutoff goes up 50-100. The growth of existing 6A schools too.

I see both the 5AD1 and 6A lines moving up quite a bit.

Hell, just look at Cleveland. Insane growth.