THE OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

AtlantaFan04

On 11/1/2021 at 1:03 PM, Bulldognation1 said:

@JasonDellaRosa I thought I had seen some talk about Lindsay dropping down to D2 as well. If so, that would leave two voids to fill in that 5-2A D1. I could see Trenton staying put if that’s the case & Celeste & Whitewright (if the cutoff goes up enough) sliding over into that district. That would put 6-2A D1 of Cooper, HG, WC, Como, RC & Alba adding someone from the east like a Linden-Kildare possibly. What have you heard on Lindsay?

Celeste turned in 150 so there dropping to D2 also.

On 11/1/2021 at 8:49 PM, Bulldognation1 said:

Yea actually hearing the larger schools may go up & smaller go down. Let's hope it goes up a few.

Just looking at the number on the link if they keep the same number of schools in 2a and same in both division it looks like we are going up to 3a. So question becomes Gunter or daingerfield? Pick your poison. Obviously this is just the fun guessing game until things become official.

50 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Just looking at the number on the link if they keep the same number of schools in 2a and same in both division it looks like we are going up to 3a. So question becomes Gunter or daingerfield? Pick your poison. Obviously this is just the fun guessing game until things become official.

Yea neither of those would be fun. The Daingerfield district may have Pewitt & Hooks in it again. DeKalb is no slouch either. The Gunter district would have Bells also to deal with which has gotten pretty good as of late, but the rest of that district isn't great. I felt pretty confident that 233 would keep the Dawgs down in 2A with the way the cutoffs have been going up, but it may not work out that way afterall lol. 

28 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Yea neither of those would be fun. The Daingerfield district may have Pewitt & Hooks in it again. DeKalb is no slouch either. The Gunter district would have Bells also to deal with which has gotten pretty good as of late, but the rest of that district isn't great. I felt pretty confident that 233 would keep the Dawgs down in 2A with the way the cutoffs have been going up, but it may not work out that way afterall lol. 

Because of covid they are predicting a drop in the cutoff numbers because so many kids choosing the home school route. I hope I'm wrong about us moving up. I think if we move up our chances of winning district go away but still think we can be a playoff team.

9 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

they would have been put in Legacy’s district.

maybe, Jesuit was put in district with Richardson and Irving schools. Who knows. 

By the way, Highland Park beat Rockwall by a few scores...so its possible they could have beat Heath too. 

10 hours ago, ANTI said:

I'm just now realizing it @LOL but all of the Longview schools grew.

LV, PT, SH and Hallsville.

For sure. Obviously we're not blowing up near as much as the metros are, but the Longview area is seeing steady population growth right now. 

11 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

maybe, Jesuit was put in district with Richardson and Irving schools. Who knows. 

By the way, Highland Park beat Rockwall by a few scores...so its possible they could have beat Heath too. 

they beat them in highland park. when they play them in rockwall it’s always a shootout. and you see that never play top teams in the regular season. this was the first time that i can think of. when they played south lake and got beat badly.

3 hours ago, LOL said:

For sure. Obviously we're not blowing up near as much as the metros are, but the Longview area is seeing steady population growth right now. 

I theorized that this upcoming decade would see an uptick in Longviews population.

I was even looking forward to coming back to Longview and buying a home, but looks like my job may be sending me elsewhere...possibly out of state.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I theorized that this upcoming decade would see an uptick in Longviews population.

I was even looking forward to coming back to Longview and buying a home, but looks like my job may be sending me elsewhere...possibly out of state.

Dave Chappelle Boo This Man GIF - Dave Chappelle Boo This Man Half Baked -  Discover & Share GIFs

Lol, but seriously, stack that paper. 

My friends in real estate are freaking out right now with the number of out-of-area and out-of-state buyers contacting them. One of the biggest ones in town (you'd know the name) said she has a standing list of semi-wealthy West Coasters who blow her up as soon as a new property hits the listings. 

Longview is in great position right now. Provided the city leaders make good decisions, Longview could make great strides in the next 20 years or so. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1