THE OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

AtlantaFan04

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

hmmm.  its crazy but it appears that Highland park will be basically the cutoff again.  

HP sits at 2,245.5.

Almost every number now being through out there is under 2230. Some have said as low as 2215 and some are saying 2230/2220.

HP is almost a lock to go up at this point, the way numbers are being turned in.

Hopefully this weekend we'll see a full list. Almost all of San Antonio ISD is still missing (from 5A D1 at least).

7 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Hp is above 2230

based on the numbers turned in, HP is like a few schools away from the cutoff. SO that bascially put them near the cutoff like most yrs. Even when they went 6a last time they were near the cutoff.

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

HP sits at 2,245.5.

Almost every number now being through out there is under 2230. Some have said as low as 2215 and some are saying 2230/2220.

HP is almost a lock to go up at this point, the way numbers are being turned in.

Hopefully this weekend we'll see a full list. Almost all of San Antonio ISD is still missing (from 5A D1 at least).

I wouldn't say its a lock. Probably going to depend if they take 245 or 250 for 6a.They took 245 last time, and based on something I read, HP is sitting between that 245-250 range. Who knows.

But, I did say last week, that it was possible that the 6a number wouldn't change much based on the new schools being built. 

4 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I wouldn't say its a lock. Probably going to depend if they take 245 or 250 for 6a.They took 245 last time, and based on something I read, HP is sitting between that 245-250 range. Who knows.

But, I did say last week, that it was possible that the 6a number wouldn't change much based on the new schools being built. 

Some schools didn't grow as much as I originally thought. 

I think I'm an alignment too early on the "big jump".

Even this time, I'd still be shocked if it didn't go up at least 50....despite the reports from Stepp, Padilla and others.

HP moving up, I'll believe it when I see it.

33 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Some schools didn't grow as much as I originally thought. 

I think I'm an alignment too early on the "big jump".

Even this time, I'd still be shocked if it didn't go up at least 50....despite the reports from Stepp, Padilla and others.

HP moving up, I'll believe it when I see it.

+100  I ain't sold on HP moving up either. I think the cutoff is going up too, but probably around 2250.  

I thought the same but the more and more the schools have come in, the more and more I don't see it.

Especially now with the bombshell Stepp just dropped.

Pretty massive for 5A D1 to have two El Paso districts. That could easily make them put Longview and the East DFW district into Region III now...depending where they put the CenTex district.

Though I would predict we're in District 8 next season now.

• Wow 1

maybe Stepp can answer this...why are so many schools opting up to 5a. I see LBJ is opting up to 5a div.2  WHY...when they would have a better chance to win state in 4a.   And the El Paso schools struggle anyway. why make it tougher when they have enough schools for districts in 5a div.2   I get the travel for some rural West TX schools but for many others I don't understand.

34 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

maybe Stepp can answer this...why are so many schools opting up to 5a. I see LBJ is opting up to 5a div.2  WHY...when they would have a better chance to win state in 4a.   And the El Paso schools struggle anyway. why make it tougher when they have enough schools for districts in 5a div.2   I get the travel for some rural West TX schools but for many others I don't understand.

El Paso and down south has to do with travel no doubt. El Paso having two 5A D1 districts guarantees a team in the second round too.

I would imagine the rest has to do with school districts (aka South Garland opting up constantly).

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

LBJ opted up because 1) Austin ISD doesnt wasnt to spend money for bus drivers to drive out of town 2) their girls sports are really struggling in 4A against out of town competition

4 hours ago, MattStepp said:

LBJ opted up because 1) Austin ISD doesnt wasnt to spend money for bus drivers to drive out of town 2) their girls sports are really struggling in 4A against out of town competition

Hmmm Ok. Thanks. I didn't think their district opponents were that far away.  You would think money wouldn't be an issue for Austin ISD.