THE OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

AtlantaFan04

24 minutes ago, VonG said:

I'm not suggesting that they are lying. I just figured with the way that part of the county is growing. I thought they would have slight increase in student enrollment. 

im with you. Im shocked they haven't grew more too.   

2 hours ago, StillALion said:

Googling a little just now the City of Lindale is growing at 4.97% per year and has grown 49% the last ten years.  1,014 people have moved there since the last snapshot day.  But apparently -3 of them were high school age.  And the school district is much more than just the city limits. It also includes all of Hideaway, both sides of 20 all the way to Van city limits, and quite a bit more outside of the Lindale city limits.  So probably twice as many people or more have moved into the ISD as into the city limits.   But again, however many moved in who are HS age … three more than that moved out according to what they turned in.   Hey it could be exactly right but strange if true.  

Good analysis. 

14 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

I gotcha...I hadn't seen L-K’s numbers but knew they were D1 currently.

Had around 340 to 360 most years in the 70s, 80s, and 90s………….211 two years ago……..164 now……..dropping dropping dropping

17 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Sulphur Springs should be Dropping down to 4A-D1. Turned in 1240. Jacksonville possibly dropping too at 1278. I can see SS and Celina taking Argyle's and Melissa's spots in the current 4A-D1 D7.

Wichita Falls(1270) could be Dropping to 4A also but that's a longer drive for Celina.

Terrell turned in 1400+ so they will also be moving up to 5A. I think SS will move east nad Kaufman on an island now. They could stay in a Metroplex district or go east, west or south LOL. A key factor for matroplex area 4As is the 2 new Frisco schools Emerson & Panther Creek...will they use actual numbers that would keep them 4A or projected numbers that will push them to 5A. 

12 hours ago, BuckNut said:

That 291 for Harmony is kinda sketchy I have heard people talk about how many kids are in their high school grades.

I thought that was low as well especially sports wise... they field tons of kids but that could be just everyone buying into the program they have going 

9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I saw that.  I’m gonna have to get the Highland Park manual on how to consistently stay below the cutoff and “accidentally” leave 5-6 copies in key places around campus.

You don’t have to go to Dallas to find a copy. There has to be a few floating around in this area.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I’m good with any successful handbook that clearly spells out how to stay under the cut line.

Deny transfers leading up to snapshot day. Don't let any transfers enroll and deny the transfer of kids who were already in the district. Open enrollment back up the school year following realignment. Wash, rinse, repeat every two years. 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, CDubya936 said:

Deny transfers leading up to snapshot day. Don't let any transfers enroll and deny the transfer of kids who were already in the district. Open enrollment back up the school year following realignment. Wash, rinse, repeat every two years. 🤣

Stay as close to the top number as you can and hope it doesn't come down. 

11 minutes ago, CDubya936 said:

What about “hiding” about 80 kids already enrolled?  😳