Van Alstyne-Celina

Ballboy23

13 hours ago, Ballboy23 said:

surprised there's no talk about this game, both teams come in at 6-1. Celina has played a much tougher schedule. VA's lone loss was to Anna. 

I'm picking Celina by at least 3 TD's.

Home game, Senior Night for the Bobcats. Van Alstyne has some decent kids, but they'll get overwhelmed by Celina fairly quickly. Look for the Bobcats to dominate along both lines and impose their will. Krum's poor QB had guys on him as soon as he got the snap last week, and VA's signal caller is going to have a similar problem this week. Celina by at least three TDs. Probably more.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 9:46 PM, Ballboy23 said:

surprised there's no talk about this game, both teams come in at 6-1. Celina has played a much tougher schedule. VA's lone loss was to Anna. 

I'm picking Celina by at least 3 TD's.

I'd assume theres no talk because most the posters on here are east tx folk

I would say that the Bobcats are definitely favored, but I would not say that they are a 3-TD favorite against this  season's Van Alystyne team.  On paper it may look that way, but football games are not won or lost by stats.   VA does have some big boys and a good QB.......so that's something right there.  I think this is one of those games that COULD be a "trap game" for the Bobcats........but it most probably won't be.  But that doesn't mean VA won't show up and try to make a good hard-fought game of it.  

There ain't NO WAY the Bobcats have come this far to lose at home on Senior Night against Van Alstyne!! Right???  RIGHT!!!  But stranger things have happened in Texas High School football thru the years......you just never know how the ball will bounce.  I personally think Celina will win decisively, but VA ain't no slouch.  They do have some players over there.  This should be a good test for Celina moving toward the playoffs.  

Celina 41
Van Alstyne 12
FINAL

Bobcats played pretty sloppy and flat, but game never felt in doubt. Celina receivers dropped 3 easy TD passes. Bobcats still missing a pair of speedy RBs and our best receiver. I believe all should be back by playoffs, but I could be mistaken.

Overall, Panthers are better than I thought they’d be. I actually thought they looked a little better than Aubrey.