Sideline To Sideline week 9 Top 10 4A and 3A

TxBroadcaster

Sideline to Sideline Week 9 Top 10 Rankings.
4AD1
1. Austin LBJ
2. Stephenville
3. Melissa
4. Argyle
5. El Campo
6. Kilgore
7. Midlothian Heritage
8. Kaufman
9. Corpus Christi Calallen
10. Wichita Falls Hirschi

4AD2
1. Carthage
2. Gilmer
3. West Orange Stark
4. Celina
5. Bellville
6. China Spring
7. Van
8. Geronimo Navarro
9. Cuero
10. Sinton

3AD1
1. Jim Ned
2. Brock
3. Hallettsville
4. Vanderbilt Industrial
5. Mount Vernon
6. West
7. Lorena
8. Tatum
9. Grandview
10. Columbus

3AD2
1. Gunter
2. Franklin
3. West Rusk
4. Newton
5. Waskom
6. Childress
7. Holliday
8. Canadian
9. Abernathy
10. Lubbock Roosevelt

23 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:
4AD1
1. Austin LBJ
2. Stephenville
3. Melissa
4. Argyle
5. El Campo
6. Kilgore
7. Midlothian Heritage
8. Kaufman

4AD2
1. Carthage
2. Gilmer
3. West Orange Stark
4. Celina
5. Bellville
6. China Spring
7. Van
8. Geronimo Navarro
9. Cuero
10. Sinton

3AD1
1. Jim Ned
2. Brock
3. Hallettsville
4. Vanderbilt Industrial
5. Mount Vernon
6. West
7. Lorena
8. Tatum
9. Grandview
10. Columbus

3AD2
1. Gunter
2. Franklin
3. West Rusk
4. Newton
5. Waskom
6. Childress
7. Holliday
8. Canadian
9. Abernathy
10. Lubbock Roosevelt

In 4A-D1 there appears to be only 4 undefeated teams.  At this stage of the season, that’s fairly significant.  The four are LBJ #1, Stephenville #2, Kaufman #8 and unranked Vidor.  For example, one computer ranks FW Hirschi # 186 and Vidor at #102.  Is the difference the fact the computer only picks based on facts while people pick with their likes and dislikes?  Just curious, because I could pick a couple of teams I’d think higher than Hirschi besides Vidor.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hagar said:

In 4A-D1 there appears to be only 4 undefeated teams.  At this stage of the season, that’s fairly significant.  The four are LBJ #1, Stephenville #2, Kaufman #8 and unranked Vidor.  For example, one computer ranks FW Hirschi # 186 and Vidor at #102.  Is the difference the fact the computer only picks based on facts while people pick with their likes and dislikes?  Just curious, because I could pick a couple of teams I’d think higher than Hirschi besides Vidor.

We do not dislike Vidor. Our 10th spot tends to be a proving ground spot. Vidor was on the list for that spot and it simply was a pick and we went with Wf Hirschi this week.

• Like 1

Not sure Kaufman will be able to stay in the Top Ten in 4A D-1 with the games they have coming up.......Paris this week, then Argyle next week, and finally Melissa to end the regular season.  That's a murderer's row in 4A D-1........I don't care how good your team may be.

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Not sure Kaufman will be able to stay in the Top Ten in 4A D-1 with the games they have coming up.......Paris this week, then Argyle next week, and finally Melissa to end the regular season.  That's a murderer's row in 4A D-1........I don't care how good your team may be.

I too think Paris will win this week's game in Paris against Kaufman.  I just think Paris overall has better speed and athletes, and a better QB too.  Should be a good game and a close one.  Paris will have to keep up on the scoreboard, but will adjust and win it late.

8 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:
4AD1
1. Austin LBJ
2. Stephenville
3. Melissa
4. Argyle
5. El Campo
6. Kilgore
7. Midlothian Heritage
8. Kaufman

4AD2
1. Carthage
2. Gilmer
3. West Orange Stark
4. Celina
5. Bellville
6. China Spring
7. Van
8. Geronimo Navarro
9. Cuero
10. Sinton

3AD1
1. Jim Ned
2. Brock
3. Hallettsville
4. Vanderbilt Industrial
5. Mount Vernon
6. West
7. Lorena
8. Tatum
9. Grandview
10. Columbus

3AD2
1. Gunter
2. Franklin
3. West Rusk
4. Newton
5. Waskom
6. Childress
7. Holliday
8. Canadian
9. Abernathy
10. Lubbock Roosevelt

I would put Celina  ahead of WOS and Gilmer

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

We do not dislike Vidor. Our 10th spot tends to be a proving ground spot. Vidor was on the list for that spot and it simply was a pick and we went with Wf Hirschi this week.

As I posted earlier, I’m not strictly saying you dislike one team, perhaps y’all simply like Herschi.  Maybe it’s simply a numbers game, and the numbers (population) is more significant in the DFW area, soooo, let’s put them in.  I’ll readily admit picking top teams is difficult, and there will always be an argument for/against whoever y’all pick.  And polls are just a good conversation piece anyway.  As posted above, it’ll get sorted out in the end.  Let’s enjoy some Texas HS football.

16 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I too think Paris will win this week's game in Paris against Kaufman.  I just think Paris overall has better speed and athletes, and a better QB too.  Should be a good game and a close one.  Paris will have to keep up on the scoreboard, but will adjust and win it late.

After reading your post I went back & checked out Kaufman again.  They just barely beat some awful teams.  How in the world they beat Lindale is a mystery to me.  🤯😳🤔🤯

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

As I posted earlier, I’m not strictly saying you dislike one team, perhaps y’all simply like Herschi.  Maybe it’s simply a numbers game, and the numbers (population) is more significant in the DFW area, soooo, let’s put them in.  I’ll readily admit picking top teams is difficult, and there will always be an argument for/against whoever y’all pick.  And polls are just a good conversation piece anyway.  As posted above, it’ll get sorted out in the end.  Let’s enjoy some Texas HS football.

Nah we dont pick teams because of where they are. DFW is not really an area you think man we need to make sure we rank teams in our 4A and 3A polls so people in DFW will check us out As I said we like our 10th spot to kinda be the proving spot for teams we are interested in and want to see how they do in that spot. Plus it gets people talking 

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Nah we dont pick teams because of where they are. DFW is not really an area you think man we need to make sure we rank teams in our 4A and 3A polls so people in DFW will check us out As I said we like our 10th spot to kinda be the proving spot for teams we are interested in and want to see how they do in that spot. Plus it gets people talking 

Your rankings are always solid, but that dang 10 spot in 4A D1 is a tough one. I gotta think Anna is more deserving of that spot than WF Hirschi seeing how they beat the Huskies by 2 TDs an Anna's 3 losses were to teams 3, 4 & 8 and what good teams has Hirschi even played? Heck LaVega maybe more be more deserving op the 10 spot as they have only lost to teams ranked 1, 2 & 4.

One thing for sure, the losing curse of the 10th ranked team will end this week as Hirschi ain't losing to Gainesville.

Shout-out to Lubbock Roosevelt for making the rankings! Have they ever been ranked before?? In 2017-2018 they went a combined 1-19 now they are sitting here at 7-0 having outscored opponents 351-14. Their schedule has been light but that is impressive and the overall turnaround has been extremely impressive. They have a big game against a very good #9 Abernathy tonight. Good luck to Roosevelt.

12 hours ago, Texski said:

Shout-out to Lubbock Roosevelt for making the rankings! Have they ever been ranked before?? In 2017-2018 they went a combined 1-19 now they are sitting here at 7-0 having outscored opponents 351-14. Their schedule has been light but that is impressive and the overall turnaround has been extremely impressive. They have a big game against a very good #9 Abernathy tonight. Good luck to Roosevelt.

Unbelievable!  Roosevelt beat Abernathy 58-56........what a celebration that must be, Huh?  Both teams were ranked......#6 Abernathy(7-1) vs #10 Lubbock Roosevelt(8-0) at kickoff.  Looks like Roosevelt will be moving up and Abernathy may move completely out of the Top Ten now.