#8 Kaufman Lions(7-0/3-0) @ Paris Wildcats(4-3/2-2)

regaleagle

Huge win for Paris to keep its playoff hopes alive.  Still lots of scenarios for the postseason from this district.  One very good team will be left at home.

Two Paris fumbles gave Kaufman an avenue to get back in this game in the second half, but some holding calls killed their momentum.

Looks like could end up in a 3 way tie for the last 2 playoff spots in 4A D1-7 between Paris, Kaufman and Anna unless there are some big upsets the last 2 weeks.

Melissa defeated Ranchview 70-0. Ranchview finished the game with 1 first down and negative 13 yards of offense and that happened against Melissa 2s and 3s on D that came in midway thru the 2nd quarter when Melissa went up 49-0. Ranchview may be the worst 4A team I've ever seen.

Congrats to Paris on this big win.......I kinda thought Paris might bring a little too much speed for the Kaufman D tonight.  Those backs for Paris are nothing to sneeze at.  And Paris does have a pretty good defense too.  Paris is still in the hunt, and probably won a playoff spot tonight.....even if they lose to Argyle in their one remaining district game.  This head-to-head win over Kaufman was really BIG for Paris......and the margin of victory counts too......14 pts.

9 hours ago, Texski said:

"Ranchview may be the worst 4A team I've ever seen."

Then this is definitely not a good district for them to be in ...

even being the smallest school in this district, it might be easier to opt up to 5-A with the rest of C-FB ISD brethren ....

9 hours ago, Parisian said:

Don't know if district tiebreaker rules are capped at a pre-set margin of victory...otherwise, Kaufman stands at a +7,  Paris is a +3, and Anna is -10 in case of a 3-way tie between those 3 teams.

I think it's usually capped at 18 points

On 10/22/2021 at 10:53 PM, regaleagle said:

Congrats to Paris on this big win.......I kinda thought Paris might bring a little too much speed for the Kaufman D tonight.  Those backs for Paris are nothing to sneeze at.  And Paris does have a pretty good defense too.  Paris is still in the hunt, and probably won a playoff spot tonight.....even if they lose to Argyle in their one remaining district game.  This head-to-head win over Kaufman was really BIG for Paris......and the margin of victory counts too......14 pts.

I haven't gone through the Second Half yet ... BUT the First Half had 26 penalties called ... pretty balanced both sides, but really?

On 10/23/2021 at 8:03 AM, DOB said:

Then this is definitely not a good district for them to be in ...

even being the smallest school in this district, it might be easier to opt up to 5-A with the rest of C-FB ISD brethren ....

Melissa and Argyle are moving up to 5A this realignment......so if I was Ranchview, I'd stay put......just sayin'.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Melissa and Argyle are moving up to 5A this realignment......so if I was Ranchview, I'd stay put......just sayin'.  

Wow ... that's interesting since Argyle was over 175 under the cutoff last time and Melissa was over 259 under it.

I know the pop of the Metro-plex has been trending outward for awhile, but I figured the Covid issues would slow the expanse.

6 hours ago, DOB said:

Wow ... that's interesting since Argyle was over 175 under the cutoff last time and Melissa was over 259 under it.

I know the pop of the Metro-plex has been trending outward for awhile, but I figured the Covid issues would slow the expanse.

Melissa's numbers last time were waaay below the actual enrollment......for whatever reasons.  They actually had enrollment the in 2020 over 1250.  Not sure how high Argyle's enrollment is now........some saying over 1300 this school year.  Pretty sure Melissa has at least a hundred more than Argyle.....maybe 200 more.

10 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Melissa's numbers last time were waaay below the actual enrollment......for whatever reasons.  They actually had enrollment the in 2020 over 1250.  Not sure how high Argyle's enrollment is now........some saying over 1300 this school year.  Pretty sure Melissa has at least a hundred more than Argyle.....maybe 200 more.

I can assure you Melissa's 'numbers' were correct the last time they were run Oct 2019 for the 2020/2021 realignment cycle as they were the time before that. Melissa has yet to have a graduating class over 250 and this years Freshman class was the 1st one over 300. Do the simple math how you gonna have over 971 kids 2 years ago?? 

Nearly all the growth has occured in the past 2 years. I put the contarct on my new build house in Melissa in Oct 2017, moved in in June 2018 and there was nothing out here but a couple neighborhoods and open fields. In the past 2 years every piece of land pretty much now has been developed and has rooftops going up to the tune of 22 builders constructing 600+ homes in Melissa ISD in 2020 alone.

The crazy thing is we paid $352K all in final price on an oversized lot in 2018 and now the exact same builder building the exact same floorplan on a much smaller lot size starting at $519K. And people still moving out here in massive swarms with one builder in our hood selling inventory homes well over $700K.

On 10/24/2021 at 6:12 PM, regaleagle said:

Kaufman and Anna may be moving to 5A as well. Ranchview will stay put and will likely be placed with Dallas ISD schools where they can be competive. Just 2 years ago they were in a DISD district+ Alvarado and finished 9-1 in reg season b4 getting thumped by Celina in 1st round.

...unless because Frisco has 2 new high schools opening in the fall that may go 4A D1 and then could possibly see district like this...

Celina (likely moves up)

Anna (50/50 chance moving to 5A)

Paris (unless UIL moves them East)

Ranchview 

Frisco Emerson

Frisco Panther Creek

Thanking Argyle will be 5A with Fort Worth area schools and will destroy them all in every sport.