Sabine @ Gladewater

Bclove05

Sabine @ Gladewater  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Common opponents 

I will give them the fact that they consistently play at the same level. We seem to play down a little at times. We came out flat both half’s against WO and that’s how they scored both TDs. We started the game with 3 false starts in a row and then snapped the ball over DJs head 😂 

Just now, GWBears01 said:

I will give them the fact that they consistently play at the same level. We seem to play down a little at times. We came out flat both half’s against WO and that’s how they scored both TDs. We started the game with 3 false starts in a row and then snapped the ball over DJs head 😂 

Actually we didn’t snap it over his head. We rolled it across the ground. 

5 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Common opponents 

Sabine beat NB,ATL,Jeff,WO by an average score of 39.75-12 (27.75 winning margin) ---- GW beat NB,ATL,Jeff,WO by an average score of 40.5-17.5 (23 winning margin)... so i guess you are right, Sabine is 4.75 points more consistent than GW 

3 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Sabine beat NB,ATL,Jeff,WO by an average score of 39.75-12 (27.75 winning margin) ---- GW beat NB,ATL,Jeff,WO by an average score of 40.5-17.5 (23 winning margin)... so i guess you are right, Sabine is 4.75 points more consistent than GW 

GW vs
NB +7
Atlanta +20
Jefferson +32

WO+34

Sabine vs 
NB +27
Atlanta +32
Jefferson +24

WO +28

1 minute ago, bearnation said:

you left out white oak but yeah.... 

yea I pulled it off of something I already had that included us in it as well. We hadn’t played WO yet. Like i said Sabine has done what it was supposed to do to lesser teams. GW slipped up once in that NB game as far as that goes. 

9 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

yea I pulled it off of something I already had that included us in it as well. We hadn’t played WO yet. Like i said Sabine has done what it was supposed to do to lesser teams. GW slipped up once in that NB game as far as that goes. 

We just struggled vs that Wing T... not using that as an excuse at all but that's what happened in the NB game, we couldn't stop them.... 

Sabine QB is heck of a runner.... throws a pretty ball when his feet are set and is in rhythm but when his feet arent set, he throws lots of balls that could/should be intercepted. DJ thows some picks too, gonna be key to take care of the ball this week (like it is every week). 

5 hours ago, bearnation said:

Sabine QB is heck of a runner.... throws a pretty ball when his feet are set and is in rhythm but when his feet arent set, he throws lots of balls that could/should be intercepted. DJ thows some picks too, gonna be key to take care of the ball this week (like it is every week). 

I think the key for Sabine will be to establish the run early and keep the game close. If they get down a couple scores it’ll allow GW to start dialing up the pressures on Burns. 

Just an opinion from someone who has casually seen both teams play this year.  I think a huge key will be for Sabine to stop the interior run game of Gladewater.  The Bears will have a size advantage up front...although not to the degree it has been in the past.  The big fullback is a beast and will have to be hit low and often.  

It's also a plus to Sabine (and anyone else the Bears have played) that D.J. is at QB now and not at receiver.  Not taking anything away from him.  He's a playmaker and will get his yards, but if Sabine can keep him semi-contained and not give up big plays on the perimeter they can stay in this thing.  I mean let's face it....Gladewater has had some success in the air but they don't have near the threat they had when he was making circus catches multiple times a game.  

Offensively I do agree that Sabine needs to establish the run.  Burns needs one of his big rushing nights without a doubt.  But he is far from the only weapon the Cardinals have.  

Overall I can't predict the outcome of this one.  I know I'm coming to see it and it should be one of if not the headline game of the week in East Texas.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Just an opinion from someone who has casually seen both teams play this year.  I think a huge key will be for Sabine to stop the interior run game of Gladewater.  The Bears will have a size advantage up front...although not to the degree it has been in the past.  The big fullback is a beast and will have to be hit low and often.  

It's also a plus to Sabine (and anyone else the Bears have played) that D.J. is at QB now and not at receiver.  Not taking anything away from him.  He's a playmaker and will get his yards, but if Sabine can keep him semi-contained and not give up big plays on the perimeter they can stay in this thing.  I mean let's face it....Gladewater has had some success in the air but they don't have near the threat they had when he was making circus catches multiple times a game.  

Offensively I do agree that Sabine needs to establish the run.  Burns needs one of his big rushing nights without a doubt.  But he is far from the only weapon the Cardinals have.  

Overall I can't predict the outcome of this one.  I know I'm coming to see it and it should be one of if not the headline game of the week in East Texas.  

does anybody have season stats for Sabine cuz it seems like to me Burns either runs the ball or #23 runs the ball or catches the ball on 95% of their plays.... key in on the RB and contain the QB and you have a chance to boggle their offense down