Week 10: Hallsville (2-6), (2-3) Vs. Marshall (5-3), (4-1)

Mavchamp

Hallsville Vs. Marshall  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Hallsville in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Hallsville in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Last comment I will make about the Nac Hallsville game.....We can play this game all day long, if we have our D1 Middle linebacker for the season we are 6-1 right now and you would not have scored the 24 points that you did score. I know it is against the rules to give any team credit for winning a game around here. This is the time of the year where everyone has injuries and loses players to grades. 

6-1?   Whoa. That’s impressive.  Bold statement.

Best we could muster if we played the shoulda coulda woulda game would be 6-2. 

Texas High and Longview were going to be losses no matter who was or wasn’t playing for us. 

That new Caney game still has a sour taste in my mouth.  We had the ball in NC territory late in the fourth and was only down by 2 points.  And the wheels just fell off with INTs by a sophomore QB.

I have tremendous respect for Hallsville. I have no doubt they are capable of beating us this week.   They shouldn’t beat us…. but it’s most definitely possible.  I don’t think anyone in this district is good enough to overlook anyone else… including Texas High. 

Overlooking someone might get you beat. Respect your opponent…. And perform. 

We got 2 tough games to close the regular season. Not taking either for granted. 

6-1, eh?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Texas High and Longview were going to be losses no matter who was or wasn’t playing for us. 

That new Caney game still has a sour taste in my mouth.  We had the ball in NC territory late in the fourth and was only down by 2 points.  And the wheels just fell off with INTs by a sophomore QB.

I have tremendous respect for Hallsville. I have no doubt they are capable of beating us this week.   They shouldn’t beat us…. but it’s most definitely possible.  I don’t think anyone in this district is good enough to overlook anyone else… including Texas High. 

We got 2 tough games to close the regular season. Not taking either for granted. 

6-1, eh?  

Yes playing the shoulda woulda game, we for sure beat LP and PT if he plays. LP killed us up the middle and he stops all of that. He would have been in on short yardage vs PT and we would not have been denied on 4th and 1 from the goal line. and I forgot we have played 8 games so I will give in and say 6-2:) 

On 10/24/2021 at 11:32 PM, THSfanatic said:

Marshall may & probably will win this game. But Hallsville is a LOT better than people are giving them credit for. I picked MP to upset Marshall and I thought I had nailed it until it turned late.   I have the same feeling here.  Hallsville would be no surprise at all

I just watched the Marshall and Mt Pleasant 2nd half, Marshall was fortunate to win that game with 2 fourth quarter fumble recoveries deep in Mt Pleasant territory. If our running back is 100% I wouldn't be surprised either if Hallsville wins. If he isn't healthy it will be a uphill climb as we saw against Nacoghdoches.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rayz1 said:

I just watched the Marshall and Mt Pleasant 2nd half, Marshall was fortunate to win that game with 2 fourth quarter fumble recoveries deep in Mt Pleasant territory. If our running back is 100% I wouldn't be surprised either if Hallsville wins. If he isn't healthy it will be a uphill climb as we saw against Nacoghdoches.

Seems odd to base a prediction based on one game.  

Not to mention MP got a cheap score too thanks to a blocked punt.

Using this rationale…. We could say Hallsville lost to Jacksonville by 29.  We beat Jax by 43 points. 

Each game is self contained. Different match-ups. 

I like our defense well enough to lead us to wins.  Held Longview to 14 points.  Held Texas High to less than 170 yards of offense. Starting defense held Jacksonville to two scores.  PT to 10 points.  WH to 14.

Just a matter of which Marshall offense shows up.  The one we saw Vs McKinney North, Jax, and Pine Tree….. or the one we saw for 3 quarters against MP.  We even managed over 300 yards of offense against THS   Unfortunately…. All those drives ended in interceptions by the Tigers.

We don’t need a great offense with our defense to win. Just an efficient offense. I’d prefer a spectacular offense….but Marshall hasn’t had that since 2018.  

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Seems odd to base a prediction based on one game.  

Not to mention MP got a cheap score too thanks to a blocked punt.

Using this rationale…. We could say Hallsville lost to Jacksonville by 29.  We beat Jax by 43 points. 

Each game is self contained. Different match-ups. 

I like our defense well enough to lead us to wins.  Held Longview to 14 points.  Held Texas High to less than 170 yards of offense. Starting defense held Jacksonville to two scores.  PT to 10 points.  WH to 14.

Just a matter of which Marshall offense shows up.  The one we saw Vs McKinney North, Jax, and Pine Tree….. or the one we saw for 3 quarters against MP.  We even managed over 300 yards of offense against THS   Unfortunately…. All those drives ended in interceptions by the Tigers.

We don’t need a great offense with our defense to win. Just an efficient offense. I’d prefer a spectacular offense….but Marshall hasn’t had that since 2018.  

Not based on just that game Marshall has struggled offensively lately, with Whitehouse and Mt Pleasant and Texas High, Hallsville put at least 24 points on all 3.

35 minutes ago, Rayz1 said:

Not based on just that game Marshall has struggled offensively lately, with Whitehouse and Mt Pleasant and Texas High, Hallsville put at least 24 points on all 3.

We put at least 24 on each of them too except Texas High. 

But we didn’t give up 48 to 1-7 Jacksonville.

7 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

6-1, eh?  

I’m a big Hallsville fan, believe me, but I do think you are a pretty classy guy Mavchamp. Enjoy your posts. Good luck to y’all. Hope both play their very best and stay injury free. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Rayz1 said:

We will see Friday

Like we have six times already this season???  Never seen a fan of a (2-6) team talk so much smack week after week. 

44 minutes ago, Rayz1 said:

Right and Hallsville didn't struggle against Whitehouse or MP they scored with a minute or so left.

No. You Struggled against Jacksonville. 

We beat WH by 2 scores. Never trailed. And had a double digit lead most of the second half. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Like we have six times already this season???  Never seen a fan of a 2-6 team talk so much smack week after week. 

No. You Struggled against Jacksonville. 

We beat WH by 2 scores. Never trailed. And had a double digit lead most of the second half. 

The “we will see Friday” is that line you use when all of your ammunition turns to blanks on a Tuesday…

1 hour ago, Rayz1 said:

slow down just a little bit....t high was up 26-10 at the half with the backup qb starting the game. No doubt hallsville played them tough but I would think they could have came out thinking it was about done for with the starter returnin 

8 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

slow down just a little bit....t high was up 26-10 at the half with the backup qb starting the game. No doubt hallsville played them tough but I would think they could have came out thinking it was about done for with the starter returnin 

TH strength is defense Hallsville is the only team to score a single point on their defense in the 2nd half this season with 14 it was there running back that beat us