20. Sabine - OFF
21. Pottsboro - W 58-37 over Bonham 
22. Pilot Point - W 65-14 over Ponder 
23. Whitesboro - W 64-7 over Bowie 
24. Cameron Yoe - L 42-20 to Lorena 
T25. Poteet - W 35-21 over Marion  
T25. Llano - W 35-0 over Blanco 

Others: Woodville, Jourdanton, London, Lago Vista, Breckenridge, Coldspring 

I have nothing against Cameron and enjoy your rankings but dont understand how you can have yoe (3-6) at #24 and Lago Vista (5-3) outside the top when they beat Yoe in Cameron. Maybe Cameron should be on the outside looking in?

• Like 2

Cameron Yoe is a puzzling team. I don't know if is a lack of talent or a  weakness on the coaching staff or just a combination of both. Every time they play a good team they have their weaknesses  exposed.

Lorena put a choke hold on the Yoe offense and the defense just became exhausted.

Sooner or later you just have to admit you can't run the ball effectively. Pass the ball and hope you can loosen things up for the run.

Yoe should make the playoffs but unless the offense can keep the defense off the field, Yoe will be in for a very short playoff run.

Not a top 25 team.  Man those special teams are mistake ridden.

2 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Cameron Yoe is a puzzling team. I don't know if is a lack of talent or a  weakness on the coaching staff or just a combination of both. Every time they play a good team they have their weaknesses  exposed.

Lorena put a choke hold on the Yoe offense and the defense just became exhausted.

Sooner or later you just have to admit you can't run the ball effectively. Pass the ball and hope you can loosen things up for the run.

Yoe should make the playoffs but unless the offense can keep the defense off the field, Yoe will be in for a very short playoff run.

Personnel for the Yoemen are not utilized to their full potential.   When your best player on offense is just standing in the same place play after play, that is just not getting it done.   Defense is a lost cause.  You cannot continuously keep repeating the same mistakes over and over each week.  It’s insanity.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

The problem for people like Academy, Cameron and someone like Rockdale is that they match up with D12 in the first round.  The top 3 in that district are as stout as you're gonna find.  It would be an upset for any of those three teams to win any of those games.  It certainly was not pretty for the 2nd/3rd/4th place teams in D11 last year.  

7 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Cameron is simply an "okay" type of football team, and I believe I have them accurately ranked.  

Lorena was simply dominant up front on both sides of the ball in the second half and that was deflating.  

Its your ranking but Cameron Yoe is not a top 25 team regardless of how you try to rationalize it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Personnel for the Yoemen are not utilized to their full potential.   When your best player on offense is just standing in the same place play after play, that is just not getting it done.   Defense is a lost cause.  You cannot continuously keep repeating the same mistakes over and over each week.  It’s insanity.  

Number 4 is the most gifted player on the field. Why Yoe staff don’t use him like Lorena uses their primary receiver (14) is a mystery to me. That kid kept our defense honest and helped opened up their running game later on.

On offense, it seems like every series it was third and long for the Yoe and yet they never adjusted their strategy…or maybe it just seemed that way???Sometimes it takes a year or so to get the culture changed, especially with a young team.

Still  a head scratcher?

New Coach, new defensive system, and new culture.  You are correct, it has not clicked the way fans expected. I heard that Rhoades advised some  supporters that this was going to take awhile at Yoe .

Folks at Yoe don't like to talk about it but  I heard there have been disciplinary issues with some of the players this season. During the previous five years of the athletic administration--- In  the opinion of some--- things got out of hand at the field house and Junior High level.

It is going to be a tough spring boot camp for Yoe football players. Not changing up the offensive system at Yoe may not be a option for Rhoades if he wants to win at Cameron.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:30 PM, bulldogs99 said:

There's some talent on the team. Don't know if the new staff hasn't got their system together yet, or the boys aren't... motivated to live up to their potential? Yoe79 pretty much nailed it.

And you're right too.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:09 PM, Yoe09 said:

Cameron Yoe Rankings This Week (Major Polls)

Maxpreps: 22nd

Padilla: 22nd

Harris: 18th

Pigskin Prep 17th

I am traditionally tough on Cameron, and that continues to hold true now.  

Let's be honest. Is Yoe going to get out of the first round? And based on what we saw this season, how much work does Rhoades and the community have to do to get this program back into contention shape?