Timpson Bears (7-0) at Joaquin Rams (5-2)

trueblue82

Rams or Bears?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the district?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Another week, another Shelby County matchup. The Timpson Bears bring their spotless record into Ram Stadium for a huge game with the Joaquin Rams. Timpson is in their fifth season under Head Coach Kerry Therwanger, and they have gotten progressively better every year. After advancing to the state semifinals with a very young team last season, this looks like Coach T’s best shot yet at a ring. It’s worth noting that he took Lovelady to semifinals in 2015. The Bears are led by the backfield tandem of sophomore quarterback Jay Bussey and senior running back Braden Courtney. Courtney is probably the best pure RB in Class AA, and Bussey is likely the best athlete. They have racked up impressive wins over good teams like Waskom and Booneville, Arkansas.  The Rams have won five straight since dropping their first two of the season. The Rams have yet to have a true statistical leader emerge. The true leadership of this team looks to be the offensive line. They attack specific parts of a defense. RBs Gage Ajordan, Malik Stotts and Andre Brown have all had monster games this season. Against Shelbyville, Freshman Dallon Jordan had a breakout game in relief of the injured Brown. There’s no sense beating around the bush. This will be a massive upset if the Rams pull out a victory. Timpson is rolling like a well oiled machine. It will be interesting to see how Coach Lawson approaches this game. Conventional wisdom says to be conservative and take the loss without getting anyone else injured and try to be healthy going into another huge game with Garrison. Anyone that thinks that is going to happen doesn’t know Lawson very well. The guy is not gonna wave the white flag. He and his staff will work their tails off coming up with a game plan to try to do the impossible. If they don’t get it, they will go down swinging. 

1 minute ago, StillGreezy said:

I'm picking on Joaquin till Wednesday then I'll start on Timpson.   

Oh and btw.  This is going to be an epic thread so give your hearts to God and yall know the rest.  

Smoaky gotten way too boring need to liven things up a bit.

And since Tigers wouldn’t play Joaquin in real game, all I got to bloviate over is a scrimmage.....😜🤷🏼‍♂️

43 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

I'm picking on Joaquin till Wednesday then I'll start on Timpson.   

Oh and btw.  This is going to be an epic thread so give your hearts to God and yall know the rest.  

Smoaky gotten way too boring need to liven things up a bit.

Funny coments from the Tenneyhaw pee wee league ....

57 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

Yeah that 6 point win was IMPRESSIVE 

At this point a W is a a W. I was merely commenting on the sudden absence of all of the Shelbyville faithful. It never fails. They string together some wins, they lose to Joaquin, and they don’t show up again. 

1 hour ago, TheWolf said:

I think Joaquin will slow the game down with their offense. They can be the best in the regular season at keeping a high powered offense off the field.  I think Timpson still wins, but I don’t think it will be a high scoring game. 

Have to capitalize on long drives though... 4 empty drives in redzone last night with no points....also a driving rainstorm would help

3 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

I think this game will be similar to the San Augustine game for a the bears. I don’t see Joaquin being able to move the ball on Timpson. Timpsons biggest nemesis is penalties.

SA and Joaquin are polar opposites.  If they can move the ball they will grind the clock out and leave your offense on the sideline.  

Last year the bears blew out the Rams 60 something to 0. Everything that could go wrong for the rams went wrong. Everything that could go right for the bears went right. With that being said I’m going 35-16. But if the rams turn it over or go  3 and out several times it could be worse. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

Very reasonable.   

I try. By the end of the week I may change my mind. I’ve seen Timpson 3 times this year and they are pretty impressive. But if you don’t have the ball it is hard to score. Just not sure Joaquin can keep it from them long enough.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:39 PM, trueblue82 said:

At this point a W is a a W. I was merely commenting on the sudden absence of all of the Shelbyville faithful. It never fails. They string together some wins, they lose to Joaquin, and they don’t show up again. 

I'm here. I'll be the lone representative for the rest of the season