Timpson Bears (7-0) at Joaquin Rams (5-2)

trueblue82

Rams or Bears?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the district?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

On 10/24/2021 at 2:04 PM, TheWolf said:

SA and Joaquin are polar opposites.  If they can move the ball they will grind the clock out and leave your offense on the sideline.  

I’m not saying the offenses are similar. My comparison is the inability to move the ball. If Joaquin is still running the slot t I think, they will get destroyed. I don’t think they move the ball on us.

1 minute ago, StillGreezy said:

I watched a team run a similar offense to the slot t and they ran the ball all over Timpson for 4 quarters.  

I watched Joaquin try to run it last year and they were trying to pass the ball in the second quarter. They completed more passes to Timpson than they did to their own players 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

What makes this years Joaquin team better? 

Year of maturity and work. Those kids were freshman and sophomore..... major gains in strength and experience. Bears pushed Rams around last year..... while a year doesn’t guarantee success, it won’t be the same game as last year.....even though Bears improved in areas as well the gap isn’t as large...... but games are about match ups and these two teams are pretty opposite offensively.....

2 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

Timpsons had 2 weeks to prepare.   

Don’t think that really matters.... Coach T has always given our staff problems. He has good scheme against slot-t and usually has a wrinkle as well..... I believe it will a simple physicality contest.... can Joe move em out the way to sustain drives and can Joe match up in secondary enough to tackle in space and limit big plays.....Schematically both teams are familiar with what each does....

2 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Game will be won defensively however.... Can Joe slow down Timpson few times and get a stop or two and can Timpson stop power run game better than they did against Booneville....

If this game is won by defense , then I got bad news for Joaquin 

11 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

I’m not saying the offenses are similar. My comparison is the inability to move the ball. If Joaquin is still running the slot t I think, they will get destroyed. I don’t think they move the ball on us.

Well San Augustine has had that problem all year.  It wasn’t just against Timpson. 

13 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

I watched a team run a similar offense to the slot t and they ran the ball all over Timpson for 4 quarters.  

Are you comparing Joaquin to Booneville? Cause apparently in the state of Arkansas there aren’t many people stopping that fullback either. I will say again, I don’t see this being a 63-0 blowout. Joaquin will struggle to stop Timpson’s offense, and I believe Timpson will be able to stop Joaquin enough to pull away. Gonna be a fun one, wish I could make it.

1 minute ago, StillGreezy said:

It wasn't the fullback alone the reason he was going 4 or 5 yards to the left before contact.   

FB was good but the QB was as effective. FB would be lead blocker and QB would break off that block....when LBs would hold for middle run B’ville would attack with a jet toss to the outside. Good play calling and effective blocking by WR on CB....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

Yep.  Qb had success running to the right several times.   Interesting little speed option type play 

Coaches calling it midline or something.... To me it’s just the glorified option. QB reads defender and gives it or keeps it.... Smart QB makes it go however.... QB run keeps defense honest and gives offense numbers advantage.... Joaquin installed this to their offense and was gonna break it out in district but now our running QB is on the shelf for the foreseeable future .... If Joaquin wins I believe it will be 42-40 kinda game.... If Timpson wins I see a 42-12 game...

I heard a lot about how Joaquin was gonna shove the ball down Timpsons throats last year. They didn’t come close to the hype. After that game, I heard how young they were and on and on. This year I’m hearing about match ups and maturity. Pretty sure we matured too. Heard someone else talking about how a team that runs a similar offense drove it down our throats. Last I checked we beat two good teams that runs similar offenses. I’m pretty certain Joaquin is not nearly on the level with Waskom or Booneville. I’m predicting 58-  6 game. If I’m wrong, I will gladly come back for my crow.

56 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I heard a lot about how Joaquin was gonna shove the ball down Timpsons throats last year. They didn’t come close to the hype. After that game, I heard how young they were and on and on. This year I’m hearing about match ups and maturity. Pretty sure we matured too. Heard someone else talking about how a team that runs a similar offense drove it down our throats. Last I checked we beat two good teams that runs similar offenses. I’m pretty certain Joaquin is not nearly on the level with Waskom or Booneville. I’m predicting 58-  6 game. If I’m wrong, I will gladly come back for my crow.

No need to get em all in a wad.....nobody slighting your Bears. No need for assumptions based on results from past either..... If that were the case we can assume Bears won’t be relevant much longer and things can get back to normal in Shelby county....but for this year Bears are stacked and loaded for deep playoff run. Bears have weapons all over the field.... Lil ole Joe will just do all we can to get a first down and make a tackle or two......

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

A team that averages about 3 personal fouls a game shouldn't be talking about the word maturity. 

Must’ve hit a nerve with you. Most successful teams I’ve watched ride the line with being overly aggressive. I will admit that Timpson needs to clean up some penalties.

21 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

No need to get em all in a wad.....nobody slighting your Bears. No need for assumptions based on results from past either..... If that were the case we can assume Bears won’t be relevant much longer and things can get back to normal in Shelby county....but for this year Bears are stacked and loaded for deep playoff run. Bears have weapons all over the field.... Lil ole Joe will just do all we can to get a first down and make a tackle or two......

Take it how you want, but Joaquin doesn’t have very much credibility as a powerhouse football program. To be totally honest they fall pretty close to Timpson historically. Tenaha, Garrison and  San Augustine have better resumes. You may be right, Timpson may completely fall off after this year, but we’ll have to wait and see. I went through this with a Joaquin homer last year, so I did a little research and learned that when you measure playoff records, ole Joe didn’t stack up much better than Timpson. If you think I’m full of it, I’ll gladly take the time to repost everything from last year and you can decide for yourself.

9 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Take it how you want, but Joaquin doesn’t have very much credibility as a powerhouse football program. To be totally honest they fall pretty close to Timpson historically. Tenaha, Garrison and  San Augustine have better resumes. You may be right, Timpson may completely fall off after this year, but we’ll have to wait and see. I went through this with a Joaquin homer last year, so I did a little research and learned that when you measure playoff records, ole Joe didn’t stack up much better than Timpson. If you think I’m full of it, I’ll gladly take the time to repost everything from last year and you can decide for yourself.

Pretty accurate. I’m not originally from Joaquin and pre-2000 Rams were awful.... been above avg to good team and onfield product since then..... I’m not a homer..... if my team is good I’ll tell ya. If they are sub par then I’ll admit that too....

Just now, GreaseLightning said:

Pretty accurate. I’m not originally from Joaquin and pre-2000 Rams were awful.... been above avg to good team and onfield product since then..... I’m not a homer..... if my team is good I’ll tell ya. If they are sub par then I’ll admit that too....

I moved to the Timpson area in ‘05. The program was about as horrible as it could be. A lot of kids are getting more involved now that they see what a program can do when you work hard.