Timpson Bears (7-0) at Joaquin Rams (5-2)

trueblue82

Rams or Bears?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the district?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

4 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I moved to the Timpson area in ‘05. The program was about as horrible as it could be. A lot of kids are getting more involved now that they see what a program can do when you work hard.

So a lot of kids jumped on the band wagon for the last couple of years because you finally have a good team. And they should. But they should of been when they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. When Joaquin was terrible in the 90's we were still supporting our kids and school. I remember when coach Gandy was here and Joaquin was 8@0 And Timpson was 8@0 we met in week 9 and y'all brought a ton of fans and we beat y'all about 60 to 0 like y'all did us last year. Then everyone jumped off the band wagon. If y'all do drop off after this year I hope all your fans continue to support you. But I hope y'all don't drop completely off the radar. Every school and every kid playing sports for that school deserves the support of their fans and parents, during the good and bad times

16 minutes ago, CAC1231 said:

I’m going with the Bears, 42-14 42-7 something in that neighborhood. I hope both teams make it out injury free to make a solid run at the playoffs. See y’all Friday 

We all hope foe injury free game for both sides.  But we have not had that happen for us. We have lost several starters to injuries and our kicker because he quit. But it's next man up.

39 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Take it how you want, but Joaquin doesn’t have very much credibility as a powerhouse football program. To be totally honest they fall pretty close to Timpson historically. Tenaha, Garrison and  San Augustine have better resumes. You may be right, Timpson may completely fall off after this year, but we’ll have to wait and see. I went through this with a Joaquin homer last year, so I did a little research and learned that when you measure playoff records, ole Joe didn’t stack up much better than Timpson. If you think I’m full of it, I’ll gladly take the time to repost everything from last year and you can decide for yourself.

805B947A-DF6F-4734-9DA5-818F57B8AE25.png

5 minutes ago, Ramfanforever said:

So a lot of kids jumped on the band wagon for the last couple of years because you finally have a good team. And they should. But they should of been when they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. When Joaquin was terrible in the 90's we were still supporting our kids and school. I remember when coach Gandy was here and Joaquin was 8@0 And Timpson was 8@0 we met in week 9 and y'all brought a ton of fans and we beat y'all about 60 to 0 like y'all did us last year. Then everyone jumped off the band wagon. If y'all do drop off after this year I hope all your fans continue to support you. But I hope y'all don't drop completely off the radar. Every school and every kid playing sports for that school deserves the support of their fans and parents, during the good and bad times

So your gonna bash the kids? Classy

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

So your gonna bash the kids? Classy

Not bashing kids just saying how sad it has been when for whatever reason your athelets are not supported it is a shame. I would not ever bash on any of the kids in Shelby county or in San Aug because I have kin folk in all these towns. Wouldn't want them to get angry at me they all know whereI live

15 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Guess I wasn’t clear in my comment. I wasn’t referring to head to head. I should have said play-off appearances

I don’t even count playoff appearances anymore.... they take 4 now days and some teams don’t deserve to go....

3 minutes ago, Ramfanforever said:

Not bashing kids just saying how sad it has been when for whatever reason your athelets are not supported it is a shame. I would not ever bash on any of the kids in Shelby county or in San Aug because I have kin folk in all these towns. Wouldn't want them to get angry at me they all know whereI live

I agree, it #### me off when people leave a game when things aren’t going great. My issue with your comment was about the kids. I don’t call them bandwagoners. I think they saw that they could be successful, therefore they want to get involved.

Just now, GreaseLightning said:

I don’t even count playoff appearances anymore.... they take 4 now days and some teams don’t deserve to go....

I agree, but most of the numbers I had were based off of 1 or 2 teams going. I hate the four team format 

4 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

I agree, but most of the numbers I had were based off of 1 or 2 teams going. I hate the four team format 

This is true, but of Joaquin’s 16 playoff appearances in this century, only one had them seeded lower than a 2 (3rd place behind Tenaha and Mt Enterprise in 2008). On the other 15, they were seeded 2nd 11 times and 1st 4 times. So, if we were still on the 2 qualifier format, Joaquin would have 14 playoff appearances in 21 years. Timpson has spent quite a bit more of that same time span competing in what is now Class AAA D2, so the comparison is somewhat skewed. However, they’ve also spent 4 years in what is now Class AA D2, and made the playoffs all of those years. I’m not sure any of this matters Friday night.

35 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

This is true, but of Joaquin’s 16 playoff appearances in this century, only one had them seeded lower than a 2 (3rd place behind Tenaha and Mt Enterprise in 2008). On the other 15, they were seeded 2nd 11 times and 1st 4 times. So, if we were still on the 2 qualifier format, Joaquin would have 14 playoff appearances in 21 years. Timpson has spent quite a bit more of that same time span competing in what is now Class AA D2, so the comparison is somewhat skewed. However, they’ve also spent 4 years in what is now Class AA D2, and made the playoffs all of those years. I’m not sure any of this matters Friday night.

You correct. I know you do your research.

11 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

You correct. I know you do your research.

That’s just off the top of my head. Prior to the Gandy era, Joaquin had five playoff appearances since starting a football program in 1923. (1958, ‘59, ‘84,  ‘89, ‘90). We had several years in the 80s where we missed the playoffs with a winning record due to finishing third in a district with EF and Tatum. 

16 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

A better question is are the going to onside kick and possibly give Timpson the ball on the 50?

I think they’ve tried that tactic 6 times and it’s went 10yds only once.... not popular with this fan for sure....but then again I’m just an armchair guy and don’t get paid so my opinion doesn’t matter in the scope of reality.

Came here specifically looking for a monumental Joaquin Vs Alllto type of thread but there are probably less than 5 true Timpson Bears fans in all of Shelby county. You watch, any sign of trouble and the entire coaching staff will be fired for zero reason. Everyone above the age of 40 in that town are allergic to long term success. I hope Timpson wins for the sake of all those coaches’ jobs.

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

So is Joaquin going for 2 every time?

Yes. Kicker was exhausted from extra points and kickoffs after playing Groveton, Ore City and Clarksville so he quit. Also, our holder went out for the season. No kicker and no holder= GO FOR 2. 

Just now, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Came here specifically looking for a monumental Joaquin Vs Alllto type of thread but there are probably less than 5 true Timpson Bears fans in all of Shelby county. You watch, any sign of trouble and the entire coaching staff will be fired for zero reason. Everyone above the age of 40 in that town are allergic to long term success. I hope Timpson wins for the sake of all those coaches’ jobs.

If they run Coach T off, they deserve to never have a winning season again. He’s one of the best in the business, and a super nice guy on top of that. They will have to winning program as long as he’s there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Yes. Kicker was exhausted from extra points and kickoffs after playing Groveton, Ore City and Clarksville so he quit. Also, our holder went out for the season. No kicker and no holder= GO FOR 2. 

I think we oughta enact the little rule where ya declare a drop kick and there is no rush....

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

If they run Coach T off, they deserve to never have a winning season again. He’s one of the best in the business, and a super nice guy on top of that. They will have to winning program as long as he’s there. 

Did y’all know Coach T was long jump champion @ Angelo State and had a distance of like 26ft and change?

4 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

I agree, it #### me off when people leave a game when things aren’t going great. My issue with your comment was about the kids. I don’t call them bandwagoners. I think they saw that they could be successful, therefore they want to get involved.

I understand that what I was saying was you have more kids coming out for sports now than when y'all were down. And like I was saying about when we were both 8@0 y'all had a lot of posting on smoaky leading up to our game and a lot of supporters then the day after the game is was like a ghost town  on smoaky.  It just seemed Timpson supporters vanished. And I blamed not the kids but the adults. Seemed like they didn't have time to go on smoaky and give support to the athelets.  In my opinion the kids deserve their complete support.  And it doesn't matter if they win every game by 50 or lose every game by 50. Because I can guarantee they do it for their school and their community.