Timpson Bears (7-0) at Joaquin Rams (5-2)

trueblue82

Rams or Bears?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the district?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

19 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

I have a sneaking suspicion it might be closer than people think 

The key to making that happen is really simple. Can Joaquin run the ball against a 9 man front? They’ve done it effectively to one degree or another in pretty much every game. If we can force them to walk at least one of their safeties up, we can throw the ball occasionally. I don’t think we can throw the ball with any success until they have those safeties closer to the LOS. That’s going to be a key point in this matchup. 

41 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The key to making that happen is really simple. Can Joaquin run the ball against a 9 man front? They’ve done it effectively to one degree or another in pretty much every game. If we can force them to walk at least one of their safeties up, we can throw the ball occasionally. I don’t think we can throw the ball with any success until they have those safeties closer to the LOS. That’s going to be a key point in this matchup. 

Will be single high safety (Bussey).... his eyes locked on our #3...   corners rolled up tight...... or two safety on hash at 9yds with virtually no corners at all....daring us to throw. I videoed Bear practice ysday and saw this technique 

17 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

It’s a cardinal sin to speak of round ball before ftball is over with but as promising as ftball season may appear I believe basketball season may equal or better..... could be special year  in Bear land....

They have a chance to be a handful in both for sure. 

15 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Came here specifically looking for a monumental Joaquin Vs Alllto type of thread but there are probably less than 5 true Timpson Bears fans in all of Shelby county. You watch, any sign of trouble and the entire coaching staff will be fired for zero reason. Everyone above the age of 40 in that town are allergic to long term success. I hope Timpson wins for the sake of all those coaches’ jobs.

I think it’s hilarious how people get on here posting about another program like they work there. I’ve been reading these post from several Joaquin homers and you’d think they won six or eight state championships. Delusional is the only word I have for these people. Joaquin hasn’t done jack diddly do. You want to trash the fans because they don’t come on this site. How the heck do you know how many bear fans there are? Good grief! By the way, how are those mighty rams gonna knock off the bears?

15 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

If they run Coach T off, they deserve to never have a winning season again. He’s one of the best in the business, and a super nice guy on top of that. They will have to winning program as long as he’s there. 

Just curious, how do you know coach T? 

1 minute ago, StillGreezy said:

Man, you Henderson folk that pretend to be from Timpson are sensitive. 

Maybe you should read through this thread a little better. After you do, I think you will realize how stupid your comment is. You’re right I am from Henderson, and still support them, but my kids go to school in Timpson. You think it’s wrong to support them? I hope you didn’t waste a lot of time trying to figure that out. I would have told you if you’d asked. I don’t have anything to hide. Do you?

2 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

They committed at least five because they couldn’t move the ball on the ground. I remember at least 5 picks. 

Some of it was pressure from defense and some of it was schematic in my opinion..... but hey ya never know with high school kids sometimes they forget plays or don’t listen or just panic.......I would hate to know my profession was based on how well teenagers listened to me.... I have two of them, almost 3 and they are smarter than me now and try to tell me what to do.....Lol... Hopefully it’ll be a good game and evbody can get their money’s worth... I’d like to see each team execute well and represent their effort they’ve put in preparation....

2 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

I think it’s hilarious how people get on here posting about another program like they work there. I’ve been reading these post from several Joaquin homers and you’d think they won six or eight state championships. Delusional is the only word I have for these people. Joaquin hasn’t done jack diddly do. You want to trash the fans because they don’t come on this site. How the heck do you know how many bear fans there are? Good grief! By the way, how are those mighty rams gonna knock off the bears?

That was one epic thread. I wish there were more Timpson posters on here. By the way we did get to the quarter finals and in the 2000's we have gone t a boat load of playoffs. Hopefully we will win state  before I pass on from this worl.  And if the rams don't win I will cheer for any of our teams that do make it. You could say I am a ram homer first and a district second. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

If they run Coach T off, they deserve to never have a winning season again. He’s one of the best in the business, and a super nice guy on top of that. They will have to winning program as long as he’s there. 

Most definitely.....coached against him for years when he was at Lovelady.....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Came here specifically looking for a monumental Joaquin Vs Alllto type of thread but there are probably less than 5 true Timpson Bears fans in all of Shelby county. You watch, any sign of trouble and the entire coaching staff will be fired for zero reason. Everyone above the age of 40 in that town are allergic to long term success. I hope Timpson wins for the sake of all those coaches’ jobs.

If we could’ve avoided a couple key mistakes against CV the 2nd half then we could’ve had part 2 to that thread. Most likely locked into separate brackets this year though. Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

If we could’ve avoided a couple key mistakes against CV the 2nd half then we could’ve had part 2 to that thread. Most likely locked into separate brackets this year though. Lol

ALLLto supporters are on a different level than most other towns.....They, similar to Ram fans will support their teams , win or lose.....Not bashing other towns but these are just cold hard facts....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

Some of it was pressure from defense and some of it was schematic in my opinion..... but hey ya never know with high school kids sometimes they forget plays or don’t listen or just panic.......I would hate to know my profession was based on how well teenagers listened to me.... I have two of them, almost 3 and they are smarter than me now and try to tell me what to do.....Lol... Hopefully it’ll be a good game and evbody can get their money’s worth... I’d like to see each team execute well and represent their effort they’ve put in preparation....

I have three teenagers, a 20 year in aggieland, and one pre teen. I feel you on that. I fully agree with this post

13 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Most definitely.....coached against him for years when he was at Lovelady.....

Haven’t heard a word about running him off. I personally know half the school board and  the superintendent. There was rumors that he was considering retirement, but that was just rumors I guess.

5 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Haven’t heard a word about running him off. I personally know half the school board and  the superintendent. There was rumors that he was considering retirement, but that was just rumors I guess.

Just me guessing here.... I thought he came to Timpson to be closer to his kid that was attending college..... I figured he’d coach until kid was graduated and then kick back and relax and go fishing but I have absolutely no inside info on this assumption.... He’s definitely brought success and stability to Timpson where in the past they’ve always had athletes but just couldn’t put a good product on the field... Definitely elevated the program 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Not have I. I was responding to someone else’s statement about what might happen if they have a drop off from their current level of success. We’ve seen TISD make some boneheaded moves in the athletic department before, but that was under a previous administration. The current superintendent is a pretty smart cookie as well and if something isn’t broke, he ain’t gonna start trying to fix it. 

10 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

This game gonna be on radio or live-streamed?  Boss thinks there is work that needs to be done.  If I can make it, it would be after halftime, possibly could already be over by then.🤷🏼‍♂️

Don’t know why you acting like you aren’t affiliated with THS......Not evbody is as slow mentally as Bear posters.....🥴😂