Timpson Bears (7-0) at Joaquin Rams (5-2)

trueblue82

Rams or Bears?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the district?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Timpson is good af. Every position and every phase they outclass Ol Joe. Especially at the Line of scrimmage. Timpson blows up everything at or behind the line of scrimmage. I’m really rooting for them to go to state. One glaring thing Joaquin is missing is they have no leadership. They usually have a core of 4-5 boys that really fire the team up. They seemed kind of flat. Solid team but just ran into a damn good team and that’s what happens. Brb I’m gonna bandwagon timpson for the rest of the season now guys 

• Like 3

Ol’ TRUEBLUE’s thoughts: Timpson has as good a football team as I’ve seen in a while. They’re athletic, physical and well coached. It’s hard to find a weakness in them. Bussey is a phenomenal athlete. Courtney is as good at LB as he is at RB. Other athletes all over the field. They’re going to be a handful for anyone they play. Good luck the rest of the way. Rams, you fought hard in a losing battle. Put it behind you and get ready for Garrison. Playoffs start next week. 

I was at this game tonight. 😦

I want the Rams to do well.

Sadly, Joaquin has no offensive creativity. Numbers 3, 5 and 7 are badly misused due to the offensive scheme.

I totally understand why Joaquin runs this offense, but you have to throw out of it more often and the dives are just wasted plays. 

It was difficult to watch a wad of humanity on rushes directly into the heart of the Timpson defense go for no gain or negative yardage over and over and over again. 
All three of the players referenced above could be quality receivers if they were in a different system. 

🤷🏼‍♂️

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Sadly, Joaquin has no offensive creativity. Numbers 3, 5 and 7 are badly misused due to the offensive scheme.

I totally understand why Joaquin runs this offense, but you have to throw out of it more often and the dives are just wasted plays. 

It was difficult to watch a wad of humanity on rushes directly into the heart of the Timpson defense go for no gain or negative yardage over and over and over again. 
All three of the players referenced above could be quality receivers if they were in a different system. 

🤷🏼‍♂️

You're right... But whose gonna throw them the ball? And whose gonna be able.tonoass block without moving forward? 

15 minutes ago, Lambo50 said:

You're right... But whose gonna throw them the ball? And whose gonna be able.tonoass block without moving forward? 

It’s a tough spot to be in with a freshman QB, but running up the middle all game got JHS beat 47-0 tonight. 
I mean, you have to try to do something to threaten the defense.  

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

🤷🏼‍♂️

I am a Shelbyville guy, and Joaquin is our enemy. Not so much me personally.

I think some rivalries go too far and the Shelbyville/Joaquin rivalry is redonkulous!! 

In the midst of the madness I have watched Joaquin play quite a lot, and in my opinion they are the most stubborn bunch I've ever seen! For years now they have had too many fast athletic kids to run that ancient offense where everybody goes up the middle. They generally have a nice stock of behemoth type linemen as well! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

Timpson needs to clean up the penalties 

Hope RB isn’t too dinged up.....QB is a handful for sure...Bears have a lot of weapons...... team with a running QB is the only way I even see Timpson getting challenged a little bit.....

8 hours ago, Gilbert said:

You ready to catch an L from garrison ? 

I’m ready for whatever comes this season or next season. That includes being prepared to make sure you never get a seat on the bandwagon when we do put it all together. I remember 2019 and your constant criticism during the season and then wanting to talk about how “we” beat Alto in the second round. You probably sat in the stands when you were in high school and told everyone you weren’t playing because you didn’t like “the system.” Truth is, you were probably too lazy to put in the work to be a starter on one of Gandy’s teams, so you certainly wouldn’t see the field under Lawson. 

Honestly never saw this one playing out this way. Definitely thought Timpson would win but didn’t think they would pitch a shut out. The old Joaquin alum blanks them two years in a row. Joaquin should beat Garrison next week and easily walk into the playoffs as a 2 seed. Oh and cool lights too.

9 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m ready for whatever comes this season or next season. That includes being prepared to make sure you never get a seat on the bandwagon when we do put it all together. I remember 2019 and your constant criticism during the season and then wanting to talk about how “we” beat Alto in the second round. You probably sat in the stands when you were in high school and told everyone you weren’t playing because you didn’t like “the system.” Truth is, you were probably too lazy to put in the work to be a starter on one of Gandy’s teams, so you certainly wouldn’t see the field under Lawson. 

Yea need to go head and look forward to next season #1anddone . I heard you was first team all state water boy. And y’all needed some help in the trash talk against alto . Joaquins smoaky posters fold like lawn chairs . Must not be much heart in Joaquin . And at this rate won’t be no band wagon to ever hop on . Guess If I hop on the Joaquin train we will call it the one and done express 

• Like 1

At this classification it really doesn’t matter what offense you run to be honest. Yea there are some offenses that are better. But a good team can win state at this classification running 4 backs and no QB. You just have to be big, strong and fast. Ultimately the boys have to have some grit and fire in them and have to get mean. Some teams just play mean. Joe looked like a team that’s ready for the season to be over with. Not like they truly believe they are gonna make the run. They have to want the ring as bad as they want to breathe in order to truly make a run. Until then it’s 7-4/8-3 seasons, which aren’t awful, but the fans are ready for a ring. It’s time. Time to be more than just competitive. Every school district around Joaquin has been great at one point or another and Joaquin is still searching for greatness. Joaquin has figured out how to be competitive or even “good” in the past 20 years but they haven’t figured greatness out. They’ve had 2-3 athletes every other season (and sometimes on good years 5-6) that had the sauce but never 11. 

38 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Yea need to go head and look forward to next season #1anddone . I heard you was first team all state water boy. And y’all needed some help in the trash talk against alto . Joaquins smoaky posters fold like lawn chairs . Must not be much heart in Joaquin . And at this rate won’t be no band wagon to ever hop on . Guess If I hop on the Joaquin train we will call it the one and done express 

If you try to hop on this train I’ll be there to kick you off. But based on what I’ve heard about you, you’ll never have the energy to get up to the speed of anyone’s train. As for my playing career, I was a second team TE/ DE at 6’1”, 180# and ran a 5.0 40 on my best day. I’m trying to remember what year you played. I don’t ever remember seeing your picture in the program. 

Joaquin kids played hard and they didn’t give up. Last year and this years bears team is stout. I know I probably got under some of the Joaquin posters skin, but it’s all in good fun. I’ll be right there pulling for them in the playoffs.