Nacogdoches vs Texas High

nacdragon07

Well I might as well get the thread started. We head to Grim to take on the 1st place tigers of Texas high. Nac got a much needed win against Hallsville while The tigers took care of Jax. I’m hoping we can keep it close and come out injury free heading into the season Finale against Marshall. 

I think this will be a good game.  Nac ALWAYS plays Texas High pretty good.  For some reason, the Texas High passing game has been hit and miss for most of the year.  We (Texas High) lost some stud receivers last year and we haven't quite gotten it going with the current receivers.  I look forward to a good game and I'll go with my Tigers 35-21.

This game has been counted as a loss for Nac as soon as the district was realigned. Nac played TH closer than anyone else in the district last year. This will be a different team without Braxton Jones(knee) in the middle of the defense. I expect Nac to play well on defense, it is all about whether the offense can keep them off the field. Nac is loaded with Sophomores and Juniors and will be loaded next year. Our Soph. QB is coming along and looks to be very good and poised to be a 2 year starter next year.

I think TH will be too much in this one but I agree with dragon07, lets stay healthy for the season finale vs Marshall. Nac needs to win won of its final 2 to secure a playoff spot. Could actually lose both and still get in depending on how others do. 

Tigers on top. Nac I’m sure will come out and play a good game. T high wr just got eligible last week so I’m hoping that helps the passing game a bit Texas high has yet to play a complete game on both sides of the ball. Dline has been good all year but I would think get even a little better with another player returning after being hurt against Jt..hope both teams come away healthy and make push in playoffs 

5 hours ago, 55PLAYER1 said:

I think this will be a good game.  Nac ALWAYS plays Texas High pretty good.  For some reason, the Texas High passing game has been hit and miss for most of the year.  We (Texas High) lost some stud receivers last year and we haven't quite gotten it going with the current receivers.  I look forward to a good game and I'll go with my Tigers 35-21.

I think the 2 teams have only played twice on past 20 years. One being a playoff game. Last year was a good game thigh Offense has 2 turnovers and the game was played in the rain after being on the bus for 3 hours so I’m thinking that played a bit of factor . 

2 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

I think the 2 teams have only played twice on past 20 years. One being a playoff game. Last year was a good game thigh Offense has 2 turnovers and the game was played in the rain after being on the bus for 3 hours so I’m thinking that played a bit of factor . 

That’s accurate before the playoff game you got to go back to 2002 and 2003 I believe also we used to be district mates in the 80’s 

Nac is 11-24 lifetime against TH, they played in 2002,2003 and 2006 all wins by TH. The last Nac win was in 1993 which was the last time they played before 2002. Same district from 1971-1989(or at least they played every year). Played 92 & 93 and then not again until 2002. TH has won the last 4 meetings by a combine score of 117-26.

23 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Last year we should have won that game. I don’t think they will take Nac lightly this go around.

I don’t think they look past Nac either . 

I think Marshall and Texas high both had a safety go play at d1 level last year but nac imo had best overall dbs in district 

On 10/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, Nacwagons said:

This game has been counted as a loss for Nac as soon as the district was realigned. Nac played TH closer than anyone else in the district last year. This will be a different team without Braxton Jones(knee) in the middle of the defense. I expect Nac to play well on defense, it is all about whether the offense can keep them off the field. Nac is loaded with Sophomores and Juniors and will be loaded next year. Our Soph. QB is coming along and looks to be very good and poised to be a 2 year starter next year.

I think TH will be too much in this one but I agree with dragon07, lets stay healthy for the season finale vs Marshall. Nac needs to win won of its final 2 to secure a playoff spot. Could actually lose both and still get in depending on how others do. 

Who does Braxton Jones play for??

I'm expecting a good competitive game.   IMO Texas High's OL still needs to get better before the playoffs.  Our WRs have pretty good hands but I'm not seeing the RAC (run after catch) ability we have had in the past.  At this point i believe our passing game is not where it needs to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nac had a few drops early vs hallsville that I’m sure would have made a difference.  #15 and 5 at qb made some plays. 15 looks like a little bit better if he has to make a play and run with it...up to this point last year I wouldn’t say thigh had really been tested until this game and Crosby. defense this year knows they have to show up every game  offense has struggled at times feel like they could have put a few games away this year if not for penalties and turnovers. thats a big reason why I don’t think they look past any team. defense this year isn’t as big upfront as last year but I do think overall they are much faster they have had more turnovers and scored more points than last year but lost a starter in secondary a few weeks ago before the Marshall game but he should be back for playoffs with dlineman coming back this week. 2 players that got eligible last week I think help both sides of ball prob need some gm experience wr had some drops vs Jacksonville but did score 1 td . With team having all players able to go for playoffs maybe we’ll see this them find a way to play their best when matters most. Jacksonville game looked good early 14-0 in the first 10 min and then got sloppy with dumb mistakes again on offense.(credit to Jax d they played good against the run) . T high Defense gave up a little over 130 yards offense but all passing 0 yards rushing. 
with nac fighting for playoffs tho I think it’ll be a good game. both teams can come with no injuries I hope

A Marshall win coupled with a Nac loss clinches a home playoff game for the Mavs.

We need to take care of business Vs. Hallsville...... and.... GO TIGERS!!!!!!

lol. Sorry Nac.  Can't pull for y'all these last two weeks.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:28 AM, RogerDorn said:

I don’t think they look past Nac either . 

I think Marshall and Texas high both had a safety go play at d1 level last year but nac imo had best overall dbs in district 

They have some of best across the East Texas that plays at a high level in the next level.

I will state the obvious here, Nac will have to play a perfect game to stay in this one. They can not turn the ball over and give TH short fields. Nac needs to survive the first half and still be in the game. 

Just like last year Nac has nothing to lose in this one no matter the outcome, the season could still come down to the last week vs Marshall. A Nac win secures a playoff spot and allows for next week to decide the #2 seed. A Nac loss in this one and they are playing for the playoff spot next week vs Marshall.