Sportsfanatic1

• 1 month later...

When keeping it real goes wrong.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:44 AM, StillGreezy said:
On 10/26/2021 at 9:46 AM, StillGreezy said:

I lied...  But I got a hunch.

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2021 at 8:35 AM, Pilgrim said:

How the hell do you put a MAGAZINE in an old west prop revolver?

nevermind read the article, different type gun

Edited by Olduy

I can't fault Baldwin on this.  He's an actor and he was supposed to use the gun in a scene.  Guns are used on many sets, and I have to fault the arms expert or whatever title that she was given.  She was the one in charge of the guns used, and to insure that they had blanks in them.  They will use live rounds in some scenes, but the shots aren't fired at other actors or actresses.  This case is in New Mexico, and I can see a jury finding him guilty, but I couldn't.  I would find the arms expert guilty of negligent homicide.  

On 1/20/2023 at 6:52 PM, DaveTV1 said:

I can't fault Baldwin on this.  He's an actor and he was supposed to use the gun in a scene.  Guns are used on many sets, and I have to fault the arms expert or whatever title that she was given.  She was the one in charge of the guns used, and to insure that they had blanks in them.  They will use live rounds in some scenes, but the shots aren't fired at other actors or actresses.  This case is in New Mexico, and I can see a jury finding him guilty, but I couldn't.  I would find the arms expert guilty of negligent homicide.  

As it stands right now, with what I know of the situation, this was a horribly tragic accident.

Like you, with the information I have right now, I would not find Mr. Baldwin guilty. I don't like him. I think he's an <censored> and a terrible person in general, but that's irrelevant to the case.

However! Somebody put those live rounds in with the "dummy" rounds. That person is, I believe, likely the most culpable. Or the person (or people) who brought live rounds to the set in the first place. It's also been revealed recently that in his "gun belt" (I forget the name they used for it, that belt where they'd keep their bullets) there were LIVE ROUNDS there, too.

My opinion could change, based on what comes out during the trial, but right now if I were on the jury, based on what I know right now, I would acquit.

Edited by Monte1076

On 1/20/2023 at 6:52 PM, DaveTV1 said:

I disagree ... first of all, the first rule of firearms safety is never point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot ... the lady he shot and the other person that was injured were not actors, Baldwin had no reason to point the gun at her and pull the trigger, secondly, the person that handed him the Colt .45 revolver should have done so with the cylinder open so the person receiving it could see it was safe, and lastly and most importantly, Baldwin and Baldwin alone had the responsibility to check the gun himself  .....  you NEVER assume a gun is safe, or accept what someone tells you ... YOU are responsible for checking it yourself .... Baldwin should have dumped the rounds out himself and reloaded it with blanks to make sure it was safe .... even with blanks, he still had no reason to point it at this lady and pull the trigger ....

Both Baldwin and the person who brought live ammunition to a movie set should be both held criminally responsible  ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I disagree ... first of all, the first rule of firearms safety is never point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot ... the lady he shot and the other person that was injured were not actors, Baldwin had no reason to point the gun at her and pull the trigger, secondly, the person that handed him the Colt .45 revolver should have done so with the cylinder open so the person receiving it could see it was safe, and lastly and most importantly, Baldwin and Baldwin alone had the responsibility to check the gun himself  .....  you NEVER assume a gun is safe, or accept what someone tells you ... YOU are responsible for checking it yourself .... Baldwin should have dumped the rounds out himself and reloaded it with blanks to make sure it was safe .... even with blanks, he still had no reason to point it at this lady and pull the trigger ....

Both Baldwin and the person who brought live ammunition to a movie set should be both held criminally responsible  ....

The guy who accidentally shot Brandon Lee during filming of The Crow was never charged.

9 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

The guy who accidentally shot Brandon Lee during filming of The Crow was never charged.

Baldwin was the producer.  Not confirmed but rumor has it there are emails floating around between producer and others about not spending the money to hire a qualified armorer. Apparently they hired some woke pink hair to be the armorer to save money and virtue signal. So Baldwin being in charge of cheaping out on the “gun girl” and the not checking the gun. Then shooing a fellow actor multiple time in the chest. Pretty big deal

3 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Baldwin was the producer.  Not confirmed but rumor has it there are emails floating around between producer and others about not spending the money to hire a qualified armorer. Apparently they hired some woke pink hair to be the armorer to save money and virtue signal. So Baldwin being in charge of cheaping out on the “gun girl” and the not checking the gun. Then shooing a fellow actor multiple time in the chest. Pretty big deal

He didn't shoot the lady several times in the chest. IIRC, the gun discharged once.

The lady Alec Baldwin shot was not an actress in the movie, she was a cinematographer  ....  Baldwin recklessly aimed the gun at her and pulled the trigger .... they weren't acting out a scene in the movie .... Baldwin had no reason to even point the gun in her direction, much less discharge the gun .... This was an act of total recklessness on his part .... From what I have read and heard, only one shot was fired ... it passed through her and hit the man that was wounded by the same shot .... This was negligent manslaughter by Alec Baldwin ....

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...