Henderson vs @ Mabank

LionKing12172920

Just now, Chill5000 said:

Wow! So what does this do to the CH/ Hendo game next week? What’s scenarios now?

I believe C. Hill is in and Henderson is out.

Kilgore, Lindale, C Hill and Palestine.

I thought Henderson was going to make waves with the new coaching staff! ??? Must be a let down not making playoffs. The games I watched this year looked like Henderson was very disorganized on the sideline. Lots of penelties and timeouts from not getting plays in on time when on offense. But, like Lion said, maybe next year. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

Wow! So what does this do to the CH/ Hendo game next week? What’s scenarios now?

Mabank needs CH to lose to Hendo. If Mabank and CH win next week, Mabank will be out. Then it’ll be a 3-way tie with CH Mabank and Palestine. Palestine worse lost was to Mabank by 3. CH worse loss is 3 by Palestine, and Mabank worse loss is to CH by 18. That’ll make CH +15, Palestine Even at 0, and Mabank -15…

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LordSensai said:

Mabank needs CH to lose to Hendo. If Mabank and CH win next week, Mabank will be out. Then it’ll be a 3-way tie with CH Mabank and Palestine. Palestine worse lost was to Mabank by 3. CH worse loss is 3 by Palestine, and Mabank worse loss is to CH by 18. That’ll make CH +15, Palestine Even at 0, and Mabank -15…

Ain't math fun?

55 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

I thought Henderson was going to make waves with the new coaching staff! ??? Must be a let down not making playoffs. The games I watched this year looked like Henderson was very disorganized on the sideline. Lots of penelties and timeouts from not getting plays in on time when on offense. But, like Lion said, maybe next year. 

All things considered, everything you just mentioned about Henderson is no surprise at all. This coaching staff was destined for disaster. I mean the head coach was the OC at a horrendously bad program in Crowley. How did anyone in their right mind think that he was going to be successful as a head coach? I can’t even begin to imagine how unorganized and chaotic practices are. Next year will be no different 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Don't know what to think,ummm did pretty good against Lindale and Kilgore inspite of the loss but a better team than Mabank and Henderson didn't beat Mabank not even by alot, WOW!!! But got to understand that Mabank beat Palestine and Henderson lost to Palestine, well maybe next year.

Always the Bridesmaid...😩

16 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

You nailed it! This staff might be a good jv staff.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

16 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

You would have to give the new Head Coach some slack here.  He was told he would have to hire 3-4 coaches and as it turned out he had to hire 10.  With that I don't really know but heard he was still short 3 coaches on the Varsity staff.  To me it didn't really make sense hiring an assistant coach from a 6A school who did have previous head coaching experience  with a 22-40 record.  Sounded more like a Supt. hiring a buddy from the past.  Additionally, it didn't appear to be any momentum during the season.  The defense gives up 28 first half points to Lindale and close out the game losing 28-21.  No win but should be a half to give you confidence for the next ball game.  Then you lose to Palestine (1-2 at the time) 38-28.  Then you lead Kilgore 34-21 in the 2nd half only to lose 35-34 but another momentum building loss to a very good team.  Then come back to the next game with still a good chance to make the playoffs and lose to Mabank who has not been in the playoffs since John Kennedy was President.  A lackluster effort at best.  I would have to  agree with what someone else said .... poor coaching and poor preparation against weaker opponents.  I will say that both of the coach's sons are good athletes and the QB made some great plays to give the Lions a chance to win those games.  It still all came down to being able to play winning defense and winning the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Until the Henderson coaches develop a better offensive line and a defense that can stop somebody then we will continue see the same.... a below-average 4A team.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, AggieAnnie said:

You would have to give the new Head Coach some slack here.  He was told he would have to hire 3-4 coaches and as it turned out he had to hire 10.  With that I don't really know but heard he was still short 3 coaches on the Varsity staff.  To me it didn't really make sense hiring an assistant coach from a 6A school who did have previous head coaching experience  with a 22-40 record.  Sounded more like a Supt. hiring a buddy from the past.  Additionally, it didn't appear to be any momentum during the season.  The defense gives up 28 first half points to Lindale and close out the game losing 28-21.  No win but should be a half to give you confidence for the next ball game.  Then you lose to Palestine (1-2 at the time) 38-28.  Then you lead Kilgore 34-21 in the 2nd half only to lose 35-34 but another momentum building loss to a very good team.  Then come back to the next game with still a good chance to make the playoffs and lose to Mabank who has not been in the playoffs since John Kennedy was President.  A lackluster effort at best.  I would have to  agree with what someone else said .... poor coaching and poor preparation against weaker opponents.  I will say that both of the coach's sons are good athletes and the QB made some great plays to give the Lions a chance to win those games.  It still all came down to being able to play winning defense and winning the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Until the Henderson coaches develop a better offensive line and a defense that can stop somebody then we will continue see the same.... a below-average 4A team.

I agree and you nailed it.