Carthage at Madisonville

BevBrownJr

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Although the Invite wasn’t offered to me, I still could not accept it for a couple of reasons; The first being it would conflict with my original plans for that evening, whichever evening it would fall on, mainly due to the fact that Carthage will still be playing football many weeks beyond Spring Hill’s season. Secondly, because as an aging Carthage Carthage Bulldog Fan, I can still vividly remember the days when Carthage wasn’t the Undisputed King of Texas High School Football! Therefore, until that day comes back around once more, & it certainly will, one day when Carthage is a “regular” football team, I would politely pass on the offer, were it extended my direction...😋

I have a ticket for you too!  I think it might do you guys some good.  Longview is a lot closer than Madisonville!

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

BevBrowm - I have seen enough games to form an opinion my friend.  And that is you guys are stretching to find something to talk about every week.  Y’all don’t have the same type of problems that the rest of us do.  😂

As with almost all of your posts, I wholeheartedly agree. Hence, I started this thread without asking the typical question of “Who are you picking to win this one?”

23 minutes ago, house said:

So how will a Carthage-China Spring game go this year?

I think China Spring and Gilmer would be a tossup game.  
So, if Carthage and China Spring play, Carthage will be favored.  But if Carthage doesn’t come focused, it will be a very close game. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I think Ron meant China Spring will go 12 - 1……….Meaning that loss will be the 3rd game of the playoffs, with you sitting by CarthDawg77 watching y’all’s favorite team go 13 - 0. 

That is correct. I don’t know who will be sitting by who but it will be CS’s last game of the season. 

2 hours ago, house said:

So how will a Carthage-China Spring game go this year?

You never, ever discount Carthage. I think that's a given. I will say this, China Spring is talented on both sides of the ball. All but one game this year has the 1st team been in during the 4th quarter. The defense completely shut down Salado last week and other than Lorena, who is state ranked in 3A Division 1, no one has come close to keeping up with CS. I think it would be a fantastic game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coachc45 said:

Daingerfield '83 may beg to differ.  lol

how does everyone forget Waco Tigers in 1921  scored 526 pts in 8 games . 65 points per game average.

Defensively they shut out every team they played , only allowing an opponent to cross mid field one time

43 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

how does everyone forget Waco Tigers in 1921  scored 526 pts in 8 games . 65 points per game average.

Defensively they shut out every team they played , only allowing an opponent to cross mid field one time

Well, I wasn’t born yet, so there’s that...😂👌

• LOL! 3

2 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Only way to explain the difference is Daingerfield 83 could have done the same thing to teams of today. Waco 1921 could not. I saw the 83 Tigers against Carthage and in the playoffs, they were freaks of nature.

1921 Waco was impressive but 520 offensive plays run on Daingerfield Tigers defense for a grand total of 520 feet not yards but feet in 16 ball games.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

You never, ever discount Carthage. I think that's a given. I will say this, China Spring is talented on both sides of the ball. All but one game this year has the 1st team been in during the 4th quarter. The defense completely shut down Salado last week and other than Lorena, who is state ranked in 3A Division 1, no one has come close to keeping up with CS. I think it would be a fantastic game. 

Could be a great game! Carthage needs to clean up some things offensively, currently, and I think they can.

China Spring is a quality program with plenty of pride and will be difficult to defeat!

17 hours ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

If they meet and the Dawg offense does not turn the ball over, Dawgs win. 
China Springs runs 75 percent of the time from what I have read but do have good receivers they can pass to. 
They will not run on the Dawg D, even passing will be very difficult. 
If the Dawg offense is hitting on all cylinders and sustains drives down the field, it will be a long night for China Springs. 
China Springs will probably have to face WOS before getting to the Dawgs. We will know a lot more about China Springs after that game. 

19 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

If they meet and the Dawg offense does not turn the ball over, Dawgs win. 
China Springs runs 75 percent of the time from what I have read but do have good receivers they can pass to. 
They will not run on the Dawg D, even passing will be very difficult. 
If the Dawg offense is hitting on all cylinders and sustains drives down the field, it will be a long night for China Springs. 
China Springs will probably have to face WOS before getting to the Dawgs. We will know a lot more about China Springs after that game. 

District champions do not meet another district champion until, at the earliest, the 3rd round of the playoffs........Carthage and China Spring will meet in the 3rd round.