Carthage at Madisonville

BevBrownJr

On 10/25/2021 at 1:39 PM, BulldogBacker12 said:

The physical tools are there at QB and RB. Williams and Cabada have already improved a lot this season. I think Williams will be the man when he gets healthy.

On 10/25/2021 at 2:47 PM, cotton84 said:

Starting with the 3rd game of the playoffs, I look for the second running back in the game, getting about 10 carries, to be one you didn't mention ------ hint: he can also be effective at the halfback pass. 

Run game was on point last night. Williams and Cabada continue to improve. Really impressed with #21’s long speed last night. He looked like the fastest kid on the field and was making 1 cut and getting north and south in a hurry.

As usual cotton84’s input was spot on. Using #3 out of the backfield some last night was something that looks like it’s going to be a big part going forward. He looked good coming out of the backfield. I liked those swing passes to him and it also looks like he is the best option on those jet sweeps.

This offense will continue improving as they get more experienced, but all the fans should be excited about what they saw last night. I know I was. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Run game was on point last night. Williams and Cabada continue to improve. Really impressed with #21’s long speed last night. He looked like the fastest kid on the field and was making 1 cut and getting north and south in a hurry.

As usual cotton84’s input was spot on. Using #3 out of the backfield some last night was something that looks like it’s going to be a big part going forward. He looked good coming out of the backfield. I liked those swing passes to him and it also looks like he is the best option on those jet sweeps.

This offense will continue improving as they get more experienced, but all the fans should be excited about what they saw last night. I know I was. 

Watching the replay, #3 reminded me of Colbert from the 2017 team.  Swing passes, Jet sweeps, WR screens, inside slot receiver mismatches, and of course wildcat and reverse pass type trick plays if needed.  He adds another wrinkle to prepare for.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Watching the replay, #3 reminded me of Colbert from the 2017 team.  Swing passes, Jet sweeps, WR screens, inside slot receiver mismatches, and of course wildcat and reverse pass type trick plays if needed.  He adds another wrinkle to prepare for.

I didn’t think about that comparison, but you are right! I think #3 might even have a little more speed than Colbert. If he is 75% of what Colbert was in the playoffs in 2017, than he is going to be a weapon!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronstopable said:

That’s not very nice.

Are you wanting the Eagles to bounce China Spring before y’all play them?

I watched several YouTube games on China Spring. The only team they played with a pulse was Lorena. 
They won that game 21 to 13. 
China Spring ran the ball and passed the ball very well but the only defense they faced was Lorena. Lorena sacked CS QB and made an INT and played them hard. 
I can’t tell how good they are because they have blown out every opponent except Lorena. They have not played any Gilmer, Crosby, or Jasper type defenses. 
If the Dawgs meet up with them and don’t turn the ball over on our side of the, the Dawg D will eat them up. 

10 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I didn’t think about that comparison, but you are right! I think #3 might even have a little more speed than Colbert. If he is 75% of what Colbert was in the playoffs in 2017, than he is going to be a weapon!

Colbert was far from a speedster……But he had an awesome feel for playing football - for us old-timers who were Cowboys fans, Drew Pearson type on offense and Everson Walls on defense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I watched several YouTube games on China Spring. The only team they played with a pulse was Lorena. 
They won that game 21 to 13. 
China Spring ran the ball and passed the ball very well but the only defense they faced was Lorena. Lorena sacked CS QB and made an INT and played them hard. 
I can’t tell how good they are because they have blown out every opponent except Lorena. They have not played any Gilmer, Crosby, or Jasper type defenses. 
If the Dawgs meet up with them and don’t turn the ball over on our side of the, the Dawg D will eat them up. 

I was being sarcastic. As I pointed out in an earlier post China Spring has zero chance to beat Carthage.