Carthage at Madisonville

BevBrownJr

35 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

If they meet and the Dawg offense does not turn the ball over, Dawgs win. 
China Springs runs 75 percent of the time from what I have read but do have good receivers they can pass to. 
They will not run on the Dawg D, even passing will be very difficult. 
If the Dawg offense is hitting on all cylinders and sustains drives down the field, it will be a long night for China Springs. 
China Springs will probably have to face WOS before getting to the Dawgs. We will know a lot more about China Springs after that game. 

It’s China Spring.  There is no S at the end.  😂

9 hours ago, UnclePigg said:

Pretty good little haul from Carthage to Madisonville

No kidding ! 140-150 miles depending on route taken.

We get to make that trip next week. For us just a few miles shorter. To this day I wonder how the UIL's thought process decided Madisonville should be put in this District.

1 hour ago, JasperDawg said:

No kidding ! 140-150 miles depending on route taken.

We get to make that trip next week. For us just a few miles shorter. To this day I wonder how the UIL's thought process decided Madisonville should be put in this District.

141 miles going to Nacogdoches via Mt. Enterprise, then Hwy 7 to Crockett then pick up Texas 21 to Madisonville.

https://www.panolawatchman.com/sports/high-school-football-carthage-looking-to-improve-upon-themselves-at-madisonville/article_577c9dc6-3676-11ec-9b52-77b674249884.html

"I promise we not only have the best offensive staff in Texas but we got the best defensive staff in Texas.  They will get it corrected."- Coach S.

I'm inclined to believe this lol he earned that cred.

4 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

That sounds like a lot of driv... i mean fun. 😬

It’s their last game of the year because for some reason shepherd doesn’t have sub-varsity teams at the 4A level. Plus he’s B team so they didn’t get to play Jasper. Had 2 home games all season.

So we’ll drive 2.5 hours to watch a 30 minute game and drive 2.5 hours back!!!

• Like 2

Just now, JBizzle said:

It’s their last game of the year because for some reason shepherd doesn’t have sub-varsity teams at the 4A level. Plus he’s B team so they didn’t get to play Jasper. Had 2 home games all season.

So we’ll drive 2.5 hours to watch a 30 minute game and drive 2.5 hours back!!!

Well here's to the last game of the season and hoping they come out victorious! Safe travels to yall!

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2021 at 7:15 AM, cotton84 said:

District champions do not meet another district champion until, at the earliest, the 3rd round of the playoffs........Carthage and China Spring will meet in the 3rd round.

Correct. West Orange vs Bellville most likely for the other 3rd round matchup in the region.

On 10/27/2021 at 7:15 AM, cotton84 said:

District champions do not meet another district champion until, at the earliest, the 3rd round of the playoffs........Carthage and China Spring will meet in the 3rd round.

The first two rounds will probably be against Gatesville and…I’ll guess Silsbee. The Bulldogs seem to come up against them just about every year.

5 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

The first two rounds will probably be against Gatesville and…I’ll guess Silsbee. The Bulldogs seem to come up against them just about every year.

If it’s Silsbee vs Sealy in Bi district then y’all will probably get Sealy . They are getting players back each week from injury. Got their QB back last week 

1 hour ago, Utfan06 said:

Actually… Orangfield wins tonight and they are basically the 2nd seed out of that district not Silsbee. So Orangefield vs Sweeny will be the Bi district game I believe 

Either of these would be a new team for Carthage to play, although Sweeny beat the Bulldogs in the baseball playoffs once or twice in the past few years.

On 10/26/2021 at 8:05 AM, cowboyandchrist said:

Correction, best defense in all of 4A. 😊

on a side note, a few years back there was a team that had the #74 best defence in the country out of se texas and only gave up39 points all season going into the state playoffs a qb that had 2,819 passing and 33 td and a offence line that was very big yep you  gussed it they got beat for what it worth telling you toss out how good you are stats dont mean a thing