Texas Tech fires Matt Wells... UPDATE: hires Baylor asst. Joey McGuire

Red90fly

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

0796C220-F580-4D95-B594-ED064B02A0A0.jpeg

San Antonio is a great city, and Traylor could totally position himself to be the  🐐  at that school... 

OR stick around long enough for UT-Austin to back up the Brinks truck. Maybe that's his plan all along...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LOL said:

San Antonio is a great city, and Traylor could totally position himself to be the  🐐  at that school... 

OR stick around long enough for UT-Austin to back up the Brinks truck. Maybe that's his plan all along...

I don’t remember Gilmer being “Gilmer” before he got there. There was always rumors he’d leave for this big job or that one. He never did. Built his program up. I wonder if he would do the same with UTSA? Stay until the timing was right to make the big move?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I don’t remember Gilmer being “Gilmer” before he got there. There was always rumors he’d leave for this big job or that one. He never did. Built his program up. I wonder if he would do the same with UTSA? Stay until the timing was right to make the big move?

Or maybe he actually LIKES it there and $$$ and fleeting fame are irrelevant to him........

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LOL said:

San Antonio sucks for everything except food...  including college football.  He needs to GTHO of there ASAP.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Grumpy 1

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

San Antonio sucks for everything except food...  including college football.  He needs to GTHO of there ASAP.

Really? I kinda like it. Granted, I've only been there a handful of times, and only for short visits. Never lived there, but it seems like a happening city, and cheap. 

8 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

@MavGrad99 must have had a bad experience there.....I loved it too.......

Politics, schools, football, etc sucks.  If you go there for vacation trips or something at the conference center, its the most wonderful thing in the world... until you walk a few blocks and realize that SA literally lets thousands of homeless people sleep right on the main commerce and tourist streets.   

It's a liberal cesspool of the worst kind.  It's California...  They disguise it with Disneyland and Hollywood, but when you look into it, its literally Chicago.

• Wow 2

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

Politics, schools, football, etc sucks.  If you go there for vacation trips or something at the conference center, its the most wonderful thing in the world... until you walk a few blocks and realize that SA literally lets thousands of homeless people sleep right on the main commerce and tourist streets.   

It's a liberal cesspool of the worst kind.  It's California...  They disguise it with Disneyland and Hollywood, but when you look into it, its literally Chicago.

I never left the River Walk or the conference center........lol

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I never left the River Walk or the conference center........lol

Exactly.  I stayed at one of the older historic hotels near the theatre.  It was 3-4 blocks (about a mile or so) from the conference center.  One morning, I decided to walk instead of waiting for the shuttle for my conference.  There were hundreds of homeless just on my street alone.  Note, that this street has access to at least 2 of the main entrances to the Riverwalk area.

• Wow 1

12 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Exactly.  I stayed at one of the older historic hotels near the theatre.  It was 3-4 blocks (about a mile or so) from the conference center.  One morning, I decided to walk instead of waiting for the shuttle for my conference.  There were hundreds of homeless just on my street alone.  Note, that this street has access to at least 2 of the main entrances to the Riverwalk area.

Ah, gotcha. That explains it. I've usually kept to the more "touristy" parts of the city. 

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

you mean the few bricks in the ground that they call the Alamo?  :p 

And the mudhole they call the Riverwalk? 

I did run my marathon there. It was cool- it started at the Alamo, ran outside of the loop, and then back... Started with this big cannon shot and gun volley and everything. Thankfully Alec Baldwin wasn't one of the ones firing blanks. 

• LOL! 2
  • Wow 2

29 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Politics, schools, football, etc ####.  If you go there for vacation trips or something at the conference center, its the most wonderful thing in the world... until you walk a few blocks and realize that SA literally lets thousands of homeless people sleep right on the main commerce and tourist streets.   

I was at a wedding in SA 2 weeks ago... this couldn't be more true. We stayed on the riverwalk and every time we stepped foot out of our hotel there were homeless galore. Not to mention the city is incredibly dirty.

• Like 1

amazing how it became a political message about SA...every post becomes political ("they're liberal") for some...instead of just a message of great news for a local boy to move to another bigger job post or news that he'd stay put and keep building! 

by the way, there are great conservatives and liberals in every town...

• Stinks 2

28 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

amazing how it became a political message about SA...every post becomes political ("they're liberal") for some...instead of just a message of great news for a local boy to move to another bigger job post or news that he'd stay put and keep building! 

by the way, there are great conservatives and liberals in every town...

It was more about how liberal policies have allowed a great Texas city turn into trash and homelessness in the most populated tourist streets.  And all of this is relevant on why he should gtfo of SA.

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Texas Tech fires Matt Wells... UPDATE: hires Baylor asst. Joey McGuire