If 3ad2 and 3ad1 played together in the playoffs?

lionpride08

If 3ad1 and 3ad2 played in the playoffs with each other which 4 would you have in each regions final 4? For EX. Region 1 has teams like Brock, Jim Ned, Canadian, Childress and would be my final 4 from region 1 in all of ea...

Region 1 Brock, Jim Ned, Canadian, and Childress... winner Jim Ned

Region 2 Tatum, Grandview, Mount Vernon, and Gunter... Winner Mount Vernon

Region 3 Halletsville, Lorena, Newton, Waskom... Winner Lorena

Region 4 East Bernard, Franklin, Llano, Lago Vista... Winner Franklin.

I know this could go many different ways and its just a rough draft. What would you have and changed differently?

• Like 1

I don’t know enough about R3.

R2, I do think Gunter could beat Mt Vernon. 

I think R1 is correct. Most years I would say Canadian could hang with Jim Ned or Brock, as we tend to not lose to 1 dimensional teams, but this year I think we are just too young. 

R4 is correct. Nobody out of 3AD1 has really impressed me. 

I still think Gunter and Franklin will meet up, and am 50/50 on who comes out on top. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

I don’t know enough about R3.

R2, I do think Gunter could beat Mt Vernon. 

I think R1 is correct. Most years I would say Canadian could hang with Jim Ned or Brock, as we tend to not lose to 1 dimensional teams, but this year I think we are just too young. 

R4 is correct. Nobody out of 3AD1 has really impressed me. 

I still think Gunter and Franklin will meet up, and am 50/50 on who comes out on top. 

Waskom an gunter!!  Which I think weather Gunter played Franklin or waskom Gunter would be in trouble.. they dont fool me with the scrawny region. They talk good smack to tho.. Franklin an waskom was a 1 point different an at state yall beat Franklin by a 1 point difference.. waskom brought everyone back.. yall beat Gunter by 3 tds last year? I can't wait to see how it plays out.  I'll support anyone that takes us out tho all the way. 

26 minutes ago, quickshot said:

Waskom an gunter!!  Which I think weather Gunter played Franklin or waskom Gunter would be in trouble.. they dont fool me with the scrawny region. They talk good smack to tho.. Franklin an waskom was a 1 point different an at state yall beat Franklin by a 1 point difference.. waskom brought everyone back.. yall beat Gunter by 3 tds last year? I can't wait to see how it plays out.  I'll support anyone that takes us out tho all the way. 

I don’t think you can compare scores between mutual opponents and justify anything. If that was the case we would be ranked over Holliday this year. We beat Iowa Park by 21, they beat them by 6 or 7. 

It’s about matchups. Franklin was the best team we played last year, that is no doubt. I have been crucified for saying this, but it was one of our worst recieving games. 8+ dropped passes not caused by pressure or any outside efforts. Just drops that stalled drives.

I think Franklins offense matches up better against GT defense. JMO.

• Like 2

I also don’t see Waskom stopping Franklin, and as of now I don’t see Canadian stopping GT (especially if we don’t get a couple players back and 100%).
Franklin and GT have the same amount, if not more speed than Timpson. Both teams could potentially spread out the field and follow the same blueprint. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

I also don’t see Waskom stopping Franklin, and as of now I don’t see Canadian stopping GT (especially if we don’t get a couple players back and 100%).
Franklin and GT have the same amount, if not more speed than Timpson. Both teams could potentially spread out the field and follow the same blueprint. 

Yep Waskom is weak.  I wouldn't be worried about them at all. 

• Thanks 1
  • SMH 1

46 minutes ago, quickshot said:

Waskom vs Franklin will be a great game. If y'all make it out of yalls region. Region 3 is tough year in and year out. People forget that franklin brought everyone back as well and they will not lay down for no one and play as if they are the underdogs in every game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timboslice79 said:

Yep Waskom is weak.  I wouldn't be worried about them at all. 

I have seen a couple waskom people acting like franklin does not pose a threat to them this season which is great for us. But I have seen the same from gunter folks... I hope everyone keeps looking forward to Gunter vs Waskom and let us cruise to the semis under the radar

4 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I have seen a couple waskom people acting like franklin does not pose a threat to them this season which is great for us. But I have seen the same from gunter folks... I hope everyone keeps looking forward to Gunter vs Waskom and let us cruise to the semis under the radar

Waskom and Franklin will be a battle.  I know Franklin is very good. Anyone who thinks they aren't is foolish. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quickshot said:

They’ve got a pair of rings coming out of that scrawny region. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

I haven't seen one person act like that .. especially pll from waskom.. waskom an Franklin brought both teams back an it will be a epic battle.. think only difference for us is we got our qb back thus year. Winner out of waskom Franklin I believe will roll Gunter. Just my opinion tho.. that means nothing. 

• Roll Eyes 1

I haven't seen one person act like that .. especially pll from waskom.. waskom an Franklin brought both teams back an it will be a epic battle.. think only difference for us is we got our qb back thus year. Winner out of waskom Franklin I believe will roll Gunter. Just my opinion tho.. that means nothing. 

Out of curiosity, what factual evidence or statements do you have to back up the statement about Waskom rolling Gunter?

is it just a hunch?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Out of curiosity, what factual evidence or statements do you have to back up the statement about Waskom rolling Gunter?

is it just a hunch?

Just going off how Canadian handled them last year an how Franklin played canadian.. I could be crazy.. I believe they are in a down region.. not saying they are not any good .. just they have no competition..once they are done with that region they will lose by a few tds. I could be crazy tho just my opinion.. I have read similar things about the region

2 hours ago, quickshot said:

Just because you have not seen it does not mean other have not... Hope we get to play again but maybe in jacksonville

Just going off how Canadian handled them last year an how Franklin played canadian.. I could be crazy.. I believe they are in a down region.. not saying they are not any good .. just they have no competition..once they are done with that region they will lose by a few tds. I could be crazy tho just my opinion.. I have read similar things about the region

Like I said, it’s hard to compare opponents scores. There is a little more heat in the Gunter/Canadian games than most. Our kids had a major chip after the way they lost the year before. I’m sure Gunter will have it this year. Canadian did not play Franklin like they did Gunter. This is not in anyway detracting from Franklin or how they played, or how good they were. 

But, I understand where you are coming from with the logic you are using! I kinda wish they would do a rotation and have semis change regions every year. Only problem is travel. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, quickshot said:

Weak region or not, Gunter has been in the final 3 times in 5 years and won 2 of them.  Canadian kicked our butts last year by 27.  In 2017 we beat Canadian by a similar margin  and yet in 2018 Canadian beat Gunter and almost beat Newton in the final.  This is a new year and this team is faster and stronger than the 2020 version.  What happened last year has no bearing on what may happen this year.  We might not get past bi-district, but if the Tigers are fortunate enough to make the final I doubt seriously they would be "rolled" by anybody.   Whoever the opponent is will be a great team.  Could be the two teams in Jerry World are not mentioned in this thread.  You never know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, quickshot said:

LMAO, oh boy are you in for a surprise if you are comparing last year's Gunter team to this years. This is the best team Gunter has ever fielded. Can't wait!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, quickshot said:

Rolling Gunter is quite the task. Bold

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, Eagle22 said:

LMAO, oh boy are you in for a surprise if you are comparing last year's Gunter team to this years. This is the best team Gunter has ever fielded. Can't wait!

So what's the difference? Some sr are gone an jv kids move up.. I can't wait either. Gunter plays in a scrawny region. I'm still a firm believer if Canadian don't take them out again Franklin or waskom is going win by 3 tds with the run game

• Stinks 1